It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot Parents Who Let Kid Die Found Guilty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

I'm sorry, that came across as bashing you, when what I was trying to say is that this case isn't about natural vs. modern medicine. It's about the responsibility of a parent to give the basic care to their children.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Proof positive quack medicine isn't medicine. Its been around forever under different names like wholistic or homeopathy, etc. Invented back when blood letting was, its dangerous and useless. They didn't know from medicine so had to make stuff up.

I have an in-law that spends thousands on treatments she drives all over for, never ending hypochndira, fear of allergies, sickness, etc. Regular doctors won't see here anymore, they know she just wants attention and theres nothing wrong with her except in her mind.

You can't convince people of this, they need to be treated, not cured…

Quackery

Alternative medicine

edit on 27-4-2016 by intrptr because: added links

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NautPsycho

originally posted by: chiefsmom
While I agree that you should never take a chance with your childrens life, your wrong about them not being medicine. Both are antibacterial. Honey can and has been shown to help heal cuts and minor burns.

Eh, We will agree on the parents, but not on alternative "medicine". Kids need to be seen by a doctor first and foremost.

They didn't know how to treat it properly with natural/true healing methods. Garlic is eh. Naturopathy is better suited for such a case.

...aaaaaaaand here come the quacks to defend the utter stupidity of shunning modern medicine in favour of snake oil.

link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: NautPsycho

The same "western medicine poisoning" that allows more children to survive from birth until old age than at ANY time in recorded history?

More children are being born with defects and cancers NOW over ANY other time in history. When there is already a "cure"! I personally believe people used to and can Live well into the 100s if they update their lifestyle. The medicines designed to help do not treat the root cause of the issues. They mask. They suppress. What is the quality of life health wise for those who grow so old? Kept alive "longer" but sicker to remain in the clutches of big business...to me this is obvious but I understand to those who haven't been in the thick of it, it's one big hippy brain fart. Us who KNOW the medical system is hahaha/tearteartear live in a reality where trust doesn't exist for their practices anymore. They have failed us time and time again even in their temporary mirage of success. There is long lasting success in the natural way. Not because an article told me so but because I Live it and so do my kids. I tried both sides and the verdict is in. Plant medicine for the duh. I'll run to a surgeon if need be though. Artists.

link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: peck420

I'm sorry, that came across as bashing you, when what I was trying to say is that this case isn't about natural vs. modern medicine. It's about the responsibility of a parent to give the basic care to their children.

All you are touting is more Government control over making choices for families. The Government is not some all-knowing omniscient entity that is there to take care of us or at least it shouldn't be. People have a right to their own traditions and beliefs. I mean society is fine with killing unborn children for no reason other than convenience. Why go after these parents if not to exert more control over us?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

originally posted by: NautPsycho

originally posted by: chiefsmom
While I agree that you should never take a chance with your childrens life, your wrong about them not being medicine. Both are antibacterial. Honey can and has been shown to help heal cuts and minor burns.

Eh, We will agree on the parents, but not on alternative "medicine". Kids need to be seen by a doctor first and foremost.

They didn't know how to treat it properly with natural/true healing methods. Garlic is eh. Naturopathy is better suited for such a case.

...aaaaaaaand here come the quacks to defend the utter stupidity of shunning modern medicine in favour of snake oil.

You are what you eat. A quack is someone who probably consumes duck, chicken or some other poultry related acidic forming terrible frequency dead tissue meal. Snake oil is something they would put into your egg roll sauce. I speak of essential plant oils extracted with no solvents. Pure hydrating fluids from raw living ripe fruits. You and your burnt out labeling for such a SOUL as I is so...lame? How many movies and stupid TV shows do you hear people way "snake oil salesman quack". Be original at least. Can we get some new material against "hippies" and "vegans"? Modern medicine is poo poo. Poop. Dookie. A lump. A smear. Mr hanky with no Christmas hat

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

Natural / More Natural cures are a good thing, when they work. When they're not enough, that's the situation where before the advent of modern medicine, you just succumbed and died. Sometimes, it's worth taking prescription meds, when the alternative is death. FFFS.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Left with entirely "natural" cures with no modern medicine the average lifespan is 28.

Do the math.

For those who call modern medicine "poo poo" and the like (Good Lord! Seriously?), please don't become parents. You are a danger to yourself and others. I don't care about you, particularly, but it's those others I am concerned about. The OP's is a case in point. There's one dead kid who could easily have been cured--for free. These parents were NOT "on the right track" at all. They had all the right information to do the right thing, and they refused. Jail is too good for them.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Wow lol you can't actually believe this crap.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
***snip***
There are many natural remedies that are completely effective. Many Asian cultures still rely on natural remedies to solve their health problems.

***snip***

Are those the same asian cultures that have prized liquid mercury, or “quicksilver,” and red mercury sulfide for their supposed ability to increase lifespan and vitality? Or even healing syphilis?

Or what about horse saliva as a cure for an impaired libido.

Romans believed that the blood of fallen gladiators could cure epilepsy.

According to the writings of Plato and Hippocrates, when a woman was celibate for an extended time, her uterus—described as a “living animal” eager to bear children—could dislodge and glide freely about her body causing suffocation, seizures and hysteria.
To prevent their wombs from going on walkabout, ancient women were counseled to marry young and bear as many children as possible.

if a patient ground their teeth, the healer might suspect that the ghost of a deceased family member was trying to contact them as they slept. According to ancient necromantic texts, the doctor would recommend sleeping by a human skull for a week as a way of exorcising the spirit. To ensure this disturbing treatment worked, the tooth-grinder was also instructed to kiss and lick the skull seven times each night.

Animal bile was once used therapeutically in China to treat a number of ailments. According to the World Journal of Gastroenterology, python bile was “employed externally to treat ulcers of the external female genitalia.”

The University of Oxford explains that snails would do their slime walk over a wart, someone would stab the snail to death (with a thorn, typically), and then while the snail withered away and died, so too would the wart.

According to Smithsonian, Roman physicians (and poets) believed pee — which is free, last we checked — could leave your teeth pearly white.

Arsenic is highly toxic, yet for centuries it was used to treat myriad conditions, including fevers, headaches, syphilis, and blood diseases.

In the early 1900s, John Brinkley became one of the richest doctors in America, despite having no medical qualifications. He claimed he could cure impotence, infertility, and other sexual problems by surgically implanting goat testicles into a man's scrotum.

The prescription for female hysteria was usually a good spot of doctor administered vaginal massage until the woman achieved "hysterical paroxysm."

Yeah.

Those ancients really knew their stuff.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienmma

Wow lol you can't actually believe this crap.

Go back to trusting your Government and Big Pharma.

I am sure they have your best interests in mind.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

I see the point you are trying to make: medicinal is medicinal.

However, honey is anti-bacterial possibly because of its water activity but it may also have other factors in it that make it anti-bacterial. The proof that it's anti-bacterial is that you can pretty much keep it indefinitely in an open container in your pantry without worrying about it spoiling. Go ahead and try that with anything else.

As for garlic, it also has health benefits to it.

The question becomes at what point these are considered medicinal in strength. Generally, herbalists and apothecaries knew different ways of preparing various herbs in order to draw out and best concentrate their medicinal properties. Modern medicine is an extension of this in the sense that we can examine the chemical compounds of the plants to find what specifically is so effective and produce just that without all the other compounds in the plant. It allows for better and more precise dosage.

So a lot of modern medicines are the direct descendants of their herbal ancestors.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
One less pollutant for the world

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

originally posted by: luciferslight
One less pollutant for the world

What do you even mean by this?
edit on 27-4-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Left with entirely "natural" cures with no modern medicine the average lifespan is 28.

Um can you source this claim and elaborate a little further.

One example I can give that makes your claim absurd is the Abkhasian Centenarians

I must point out that even with all of our advanced medical technology, we still haven’t managed to extend our lives, with most of our faculties (including sexual vigor!) still intact, as long as the Abkhasians or other long-living peoples (110-130 yrs) managed to do without any of our medical intervention. - See more at: www.helladelicious.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Lysergic

As if a lack of modern medicine would've kept them alive longer?

I love garlic too, but I am failing to follow, yes garlic is great, but not so great one can dismiss all modern medicine as quackery.

I don't dismiss all modern medicine as quackery, but I also don't trust it either. Look at chemotherapies, vaccines and other things that are big money for Big Pharma. There are many natural remedies that are completely effective. Many Asian cultures still rely on natural remedies to solve their health problems.

People die of meningitis with or without modern medicine every day. Saying that not getting the child modern treatment was the cause of the child's death is not provable.

Chemotherapy keeps people alive who would die without it.
Prove that wrong.
Vaccines prevent illnesses.
Prove that wrong.
Show me proof of these "Asian cultures'" natural medicines.

It's very provable and reproducible that the child would have have not died had he been given the correct treatment at the correct time.
emedicine.medscape.com...
www.uptodate.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Do the math.

Anyone who has done their family tree can see that that is indeed a myth. I'm not sure where it came from but in my own ancestry people lived well past their 60s.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster
Either way, homeopathy is a scam and it hurts people. Lots of these people also are against vaccines because they are brainwashed and uneducated (or, miseducated? taught in school but taught fake information as if it was real).

Or they have had real life negative personal experiences with standard medical treatments that was not "fake" or "brainwashing" but merely their own personal experiences. You claim they've been brainwashed.. based on what? What the mainstream media has told you..?

FYI. Honey has been used in hospitals to combat golden staff because antibiotics have been overused.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: riley

originally posted by: DumpMaster
Either way, homeopathy is a scam and it hurts people. Lots of these people also are against vaccines because they are brainwashed and uneducated (or, miseducated? taught in school but taught fake information as if it was real).

Or they have had real life negative personal experiences with standard medical treatments that was not "fake" or "brainwashing" but merely their own personal experiences. You claim they've been brainwashed.. based on what? What the mainstream media has told you..?

FYI. Honey has been used in hospitals to combat golden staff because antibiotics have been overused.

Although honey has anti-bacterial properties it is not an antibiotic and therefore cannot be used as a substitute for one systemically (I.e. Taken internally).
When used topically (I.e. On the skin) in conjunction with Rifampicin, an antibiotic, on MRSA infected skin wounds it's been shown to increase the antibiotics effectiveness.
journals.plos.org.../journal.pone.0057679

I can't find anything to show that using honey alone combats MRSA.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: schuyler

Um can you source this claim and elaborate a little further.

One example I can give that makes your claim absurd is the Abkhasian Centenarians

I must point out that even with all of our advanced medical technology, we still haven’t managed to extend our lives, with most of our faculties (including sexual vigor!) still intact, as long as the Abkhasians or other long-living peoples (110-130 yrs) managed to do without any of our medical intervention. - See more at: www.helladelicious.com...

demographymatters.blogspot.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join