It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgendered children: should a parent be able to chemically alter a child's sex?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It sounds more like Certain health professionals have found a market and have decided to milk it.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

It sounds more like Certain health professionals have found a market and have decided to milk it.

I really hate ignorance.

Science now knows the brain is far more instrumental in telling us who we are.

The brain tells us who we are attracted to and what gender we see ourselves as - - NOT the packaging.

Trans children, yes children - - because that is the brain they are born with - - - are not medicated.

Their biggest issue is how others treat them, especially the ignorant and/or self-righteous.

At the onset of puberty they may begin Hormone Blockers. These blockers only hold off the changes in the body brought on by puberty. There has been zero lasting effects from these blockers.

They allow the transgender person to reach adulthood without the effects of puberty, so they can make their own decisions. That's all they do.

Doctors/psychiatrists are a support team. That's all.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Absolutely Not! Not the parents and not the State either.
Should be adult before doing this.
What is the force driving this trend? I've said on other threads that there's a trend in education putting this idea in front of impressionable children.

It is basic biology and scientific fact that there are two, and only two, physical sexes. Science has long proved that the DNA of every cell of the human body contains either the male XY chromosomes or the female XX chromosomes, and that these chromosomes determine the sex of the child from conception. And science is continuing to prove what most people knew all along: that cultural masculinity and femininity are not artificial “social constructs” imposed on humanity.

With cutting-edge technology, patients undergo full-fledged hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Men seeking to become women take daily injections of estrogen; women seeking to become men take testosterone. Cross-gender HRT induces many physiological changes to the body that mimic the appearance of the opposite sex, many of which are irreversible. At the very least, they are left physically mutilated and permanently sterile.
www.tfpstudentaction.org...

I wonder if these parents realize they are rendering their trans children STERILE! Did we all get that folks? Maybe it's another link in the depopulation agenda.....
after all this is a conspiracy site....
edit on 27-4-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I really hate ignorance.

The brain tells us who we are attracted to and what gender we see ourselves as - - NOT the packaging.

Which branch or branches of science are you referring to? Because I'm pretty sure the DSM still considers gender dysphoria a mental DISORDER.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I really hate ignorance.

Which branch or branches of science are you referring to? Because I'm pretty sure the DSM still considers gender dysphoria a mental DISORDER.

The American Psychiatric Association, publisher of the DSM-5, states that "gender nonconformity is not in itself a mental disorder. The critical element of gender dysphoria is the presence of clinically significant distress associated with the condition."

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I really hate ignorance.

It is continued to be listed as a medical issue, because of its uniqueness, in order for insurances to cover it.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Statement by American College of Pediatricians

The American College of Pediatricians released a statement this week declaring that gender reclassification of children, also known as transgenderism, constitutes child abuse.
The American College of Pediatricians urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex,” the statement, entitled “Gender Ideology Harms Children,” began. “Facts – not ideology – determine reality.”

6. Children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. Cross-sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen) are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke and cancer.

watchmen-news.com...

and that besides irreversible sterility

edit on 27-4-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: typo

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) is a socially conservative association of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals in the United States. The College was founded in 2002 by a group of pediatricians including Joseph Zanga, a past president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), as a protest against the AAP's support for adoption by gay couples.

Scientists have voiced concerns that ACPeds mischaracterized or misused their work to advance its political agenda.[1][12] Gary Remafedi, a pediatrician at the University of Minnesota, found his research being cited by ACPeds to argue that schools should deny support to gay teenagers and complained that ACPeds had fundamentally mischaracterized his work. Francis Collins, a geneticist and director of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, issued a statement through the NIH accusing the American College of Pediatricians of misleading children and parents on its Facts About Youth website.[12] Warren Throckmorton, a therapist who specializes in sexual orientation issues, similarly complained that his research had been misused, saying of ACPeds: "They say they're impartial and not motivated by political or religious concerns, but if you look at who they're affiliated with and how they're using the research, that's just obviously not true."
edit on 28-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Changing a childs gender is nothing new, although this technique is rather new. In many instances of gender change going back to at least the 50s to my knowledge in most cases it was due to micro phallus/penis on birth so the descision would be made often times to excise the penis and regender... well of course with word spread of that as an option some parents preffering to have a girl over a boy over course insisted on regendering... of course without hormone therapy the effect wouldnt be as complete.

So nothing really new, its just the tecniques are a bit more modern... with articfical insemination all traits can be completely custom ordered ahead of time and planted the the womb and carried as normal.

Of course when gender reassignment was in it infancy pardon the pun unintentional I assure you, it led to a lot of confusion and dysphoria and identity disorders in the children... as the parents of course were stead fast in keeping with the lie. Sort of along the same lines with adoption.

I dont agree with the practice myself as it leaves gaps and holes in the persons psychie and can cause them life long mental disturbances and distress and of course the family playing a facade would make it appear as if the family was plastic and not real and just some experiment of manipulation and mind control...

So obviously not a good thing to be hoisting upon at once one of the most oldest wisest persons you could be looking at, but one of the most pure beings without any taint or ignorance thrown on them yet by society... so its a diservice to the human spirit itself that is to inhabit the container in which it finds itself to take birth... it is of course human spirit inhabiting the container at birth, but the way many people operate from exposure and coping to adversity, it can seem like a much different spirit altogether at times that has either evolved into a greater state of being or devolved into a lesser state of being... of course the paths in life determine this and there are many adversities to over come when one such as these children mentioned past and present have been manipulated.

Of course thats one reason to advocate for social welfare of the entire world the ability to eat healthy, sleep safely, and the chance at a good education... of course it isnt that way out of greed and hate perpetuating war and devolution sometimes in the name of humanitarian reasons but dropping food not bombs is way more humanitarian and cheaper isnt it? But theres no profit except to humanity itself, and by golly who wants that?(satire) Of course it could easily be that way world wide where feeding starving children and providing them with safety of shelter medicine and education could be possible, and more viable worldwide than a constant war machine wasting trillions and trillions of tax dollars of people world wide.

Of course this issue is not just a 3rd world country issue, it happens in developed nations as well... but the buck is passed as bad parenting etc. in some cases yes but in other cases it is from the system itself not allowing any opportunity or way out, from the separatists and war mongers that see themselves as above another human life or that one human life is more valuable than another, by the accumilation of material goods... its sociopathic in nature, and a very disordered way of thinking, especially on spreading that same ignorance all through human societies world wide in its growth and perpetuation... solving really nothing other than a steady march towards total domination and slavery.

There are ways beyond such madness, and I sincerely hope each person on realization of this lays that sort of nonsense programming down, and works towards lighting the way towards a happier peaceful connected world beyond such chaos of extremes.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

no no and no. as an adult and being a responsible parent you should not conform to this type of situation.
any parent should have shivers going up their spine even of thought of this.

im sure kids want to be batman and beilve there spider man, do we change them to that persona? no coz kids dont know any better ad the adults do.

fair enough if the kid likes to play with dolls and likes pink when they are male, but to physically put you kid through surgery - wow, just wow!

its upto the kid to make that decision when it hits a a mature age to make that decision, same age as smoking and sex.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

no no and no. as an adult and being a responsible parent you should not conform to this type of situation.
any parent should have shivers going up their spine even of thought of this.

Why?

im sure kids want to be batman and beilve there spider man, do we change them to that persona? no coz kids dont know any better ad the adults do.

That's why this stuff is reversible until they are old enough to make that decision.

fair enough if the kid likes to play with dolls and likes pink when they are male, but to physically put you kid through surgery - wow, just wow!

Hormone blockers aren't surgery. They are pills or treatments.

its upto the kid to make that decision when it hits a a mature age to make that decision, same age as smoking and sex.

Due to how the body matures, that can make things complicated for them later in life since a trans surgery wouldn't be able to fully hide all their original gender characteristics.

You need to explain yourself better. Just telling me no and acting indigent isn't going to sway me much.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I really hate ignorance.

Just because it is an anomaly or "Mis-wiring" doesn't change the fact people are affected by it and medical science (nor Jesus lol) can't fix it.

The brain is incredibly complex AND mistakes happen all the time. So I personally don't doubt that people can be born with the plumbing of one sex, and the brain wiring of the other. Same as some people are born with both genitals.

So if people can't help how their brains are wired, and science can't re-wire people. The only option is to leave people the hell alone.

That said, this is an issue with no confirmed diagnosis or origin, so we don't know nearly enough to be stopping children from entering puberty....

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azdraik
a reply to: luthier

There is no such thing as redundant safeguards in hormonal therapy. You give that to a child and if oops they change their mind later it is a done deal. They can no longer go back in any way shape or form.

Yes real wrestling is not a light sport, wrestled in my middle school years, until I could not stand the "comradre" the other team members showed me. Taking a sport does teach you some ways to deal with adversary but hey when your whole team is not on your side, it is quite counterproductive.

"These kids have real torment that is far beyound your normal teenager stuff."
Check these kids are "special" and anything anyone else goes through is nothing compared to what they deal with.
Guess the beatings I got in 3rd grade by the 6th graders because I was "bigger" than them did not count for anything because I was not as "tormented" as they were. Or the complete social outlasting I received was nothing because when compared to a trans person their torment trumps all.

Stop putting them on a pillar, they have struggles and it is no more and no less important than the struggles of others.

I agree, it's like the mental anguish a legit trans kid might face, some how trumps all other trauma any other kid might.

Overweight kids catch hell.

Ugly kids catch hell

Small kids catch hell

Exc

Exc

I don't buy that this is some special issue that trumps all others. A lot of kids attempt suicide, a lot of kids are bullied, a lot of kids don't have friends.

No one seems to think we should be surgically altering all the other kids with issues.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

i think you need to close the post as its pretty disturbing that you are even defending this. , was we talking about this 5 years ago? no! just because a few adults decided they want surgery does not now make it the norm. especially targeting children

parents cant even feed their kids a decent diet restoring to the having medical issues in the future. Never mind going through surgery to be honest you should be a shamed of your self to defend this.

imagine how many kids will be bullied, teased etc - then if it was the wrong decision they have every right to loose all respect for the parents.

and to add about hormone blockers and pills- typical america attitude, feed your kids pills and medicine. Kid not concentrating at school ? lets put him on meds. facking terrible! you wont get that in the UK- kids are kids, let them live their child life the rest of us!

shame shame!
edit on 28-4-2016 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Azdraik
a reply to: luthier

Pretty sure there are studies which show people with sexual defects, feel less than whole. In fact recently there was work done to try to use artificial vaginal implants for women born without a vagina and the subject stated "Truly I feel very fortunate because I have a normal life, completely normal". There has also been plenty of research showing men with sexual disorders like ED feel like less of a man. Hence the research in developing drugs and artificial organs.

I think you should spend more times with your thoughts. I think you are contradicting yourself some. If a kid can grow up to be a happy trans adult what is wrong with that?

Are you just afraid of it?

Giving a kid hormone blockers is no guarentee of a happy life.

No one has argued stopping an adult from changing.

The only issue is the fact you would prob be making this decision on the mental evaluation of a child under the age of 10. With absolutely no way to confirm a diagnosis.

Honestly this thread has had a surprising lack of crazy evangelicals going all westboro baptist church on people.

I haven't seen anyone being discriminatory.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

i think you need to close the post as its pretty disturbing that you are even defending this. , was we talking about this 5 years ago? no! just because a few adults decided they want surgery does not now make it the norm. especially targeting children

No one is "targeting" the children. The children are asking for this.

parents cant even feed their kids a decent diet restoring to the having medical issues in the future. Never mind going through surgery to be honest you should be a shamed of your self to defend this.

Why? Again I really could care less about you being indignant. Get a real argument. Like I said, it is reversible if the child realizes that he or she doesn't want to go through the change. What's the problem? Plus for the second time, it isn't surgery until much later. They don't chop boys' penises off at the age of 4.

imagine how many kids will be bullied, teased etc - then if it was the wrong decision they have every right to loose all respect for the parents.

shame shame!

So you are saying that kids experiencing some hypothetical bullying for a few years (since kids are only kids and in school for a small percentage of a lifetime) is far worse than a lifetime of hating yourself for the gender you were born?
edit on 28-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

(post by lSkrewloosel removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Azdraik

How many times do I have to write this: no one is talking about chemically altering a 4 year old child. No doctor would ever agree to chemically altering a 4 year old child.

But they will sure allow a 4 year olds opinion to allow dress and name changes....

Then they will allow the opinion of an 8 year old to begin hormone blockers.

All with no definitive way to verify if the kid is really trans. They could be gay, really metro or just really feminate but end up straight in the end.

I have said how I would handle the situations described multiple times.

Have you ever answered how you would handle putting your kid on blockers, then having it been a misdiagnosis, and your kid is permanently damaged?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

If you are going to insult me just because we disagree. I don't think we have much to discuss.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I wonder how long before we start to transform children into warewolves and give them their own bathroom with a firehydrant?

These individuals truly feel that they are an animal, should we encourage them to embrace their feelings? Should we start to implant children with body hair,elongated nails, filed teeth,etc ?

clinical lycanthropy, the medical term for having delusions of being able to turn into a wolf.

They grunt, claw, and feel their body is covered with hair and their nails are elongated — some people strongly believe they are in the process of metamorphosis into a wolf.

www.livescience.com...

I really do feel for transgender and their family as it cannot be an easy thing to deal with. I don't know much about the subject, but it appears to me that encouraging a child to accept something they are not cannot be a good thing for them. As an adult they should make up their own mind.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join