It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgendered children: should a parent be able to chemically alter a child's sex?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

Save your concerns for your own children. Mind your own business when it comes to decisions other families make.

What if there was a prenatal treatment available to make sure the package matches the brain?

Do you think that I, as a parent, should have the right to pursue that option?

And if so, would you mind some of your tax dollars going into developing such a treatment?

edit on 1-5-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
What if there was a prenatal treatment available to make sure the brain matches the package?

Well, your "what if" is science fiction, pure conjecture and I'm not going to go there. Since this isn't even something that can be identified until it is expressed, usually between the ages of 2 to 4, "fixing" it in the womb is not possible.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

We are on an Internet forum specifically for discussing things....

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

What if there was a prenatal treatment available to make sure the brain matches the package?

Well, your "what if" is science fiction, pure conjecture and I'm not going to go there. Since this isn't even something that can be identified until it is expressed, usually between the ages of 2 to 4, "fixing" it in the womb is not possible.

How in the hell would you diagnose a 2 year old?!?! That are 2 and can barely make sentences?!?! What put a dress and a suit on the ground and see what they waddle Toward?!?!

ally you don't see the hypocrisy in deciding a 2 year old is trans and swapping them without any difinative test, and undeniably a really crappy diagnosis rate..

But it's unthinkable to make the persons brain match their body WITH a definitive test.....

You really don't see how crazy that sounds???

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
If such a treatment were feasible, I think the parents of a fetus have the right to make such a decision.

I have no problem with tax moneys being spent on genetic research. Specifically to "cure" transgenders, that's another matter.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Save your concerns for your own children. Mind your own business when it comes to decisions other families make.

And if so, would you mind some of your tax dollars going into developing such a treatment?

Why is the plight of the transgendered being married to the struggles of open sexuality? One is the plight of children the other of adults. Logically, it bridges the gap to introducing the acceptance of pedophilia. It may be only a generation away.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I have no problem with tax moneys being spent on genetic research. Specifically to "cure" transgenders, that's another matter.

I really don't understand why there's such a stigma attached to "curing" or "fixing" transgenders. They have doctors who "fix" them don't they?

Why wouldn't you want to "fix" them in the womb and spare them the experience later in life?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Logically, it bridges the gap to introducing the acceptance of pedophilia.

Actually, no. It doesn't.
Your claim is the height of ignorance taken to the level of absurdity.

edit on 5/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Logically, it bridges the gap to introducing the acceptance of pedophilia.

Actually, no. It doesn't.
Your claim is the height of ignorance taken to the level of absurdity.

If we were back in time 50 years, they would be telling that to you as you explained the coming lgbt movement.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

If we were back in time 50 years, they would be telling that to you as you explained the coming lgbt movement.

Yup. And they would also be telling me that blacks shouldn't use the same restrooms as whites.

What's your point?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Yup. And they would also be telling me that blacks shouldn't use the same restrooms as whites.

What's your point?

Playing the race card???
That has no bearing in a discussion on sexual morality.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Ah. Transgendered are immoral.
Got it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Ah. Transgendered are immoral.
Got it.

No, marrying a plight of children to a sexual plight of adults is immoral. It equivocates and crosses age of sexual consent boundaries.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

No, marrying a plight of children to a sexual plight of adults is immoral. It equivocates and crosses age of sexual consent boundaries.

What the hell are you talking about?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I'm

Why is the plight of the transgendered being married to the struggles of open sexuality? One is the plight of children the other of adults. Logically, it bridges the gap to introducing the acceptance of pedophilia. It may be only a generation away.

You just destroyed whatever point you tried to make....

You contradicted yourself...

If the plight of adults and children are not the same, then how the hell are you gonna tie being trans to being a Pediaphile?!?!

Lol

edit on 1-5-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

What the hell are you talking about?

You know but I will spell it out

lgbt movement
lesbian + gay + bisexual + transgender
the first three are a sexual lifestyle where they choose how to reach orgasm other than exclusively heterosexual
transgender is a born condition where the brain does not match the gender of the body, a childhood condition that lasts a lifetime.

Marrying transgender to lesbian gay and bisexual as the movement is labeled, promoted and presented to society to accept is what I am talking about.

You don't see a problem where children are seen as adult enough to accept their own transgenderism as it is presented alongside a purely sexually orientated movement?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I'm

You just destroyed whatever point you tried to make....

You contradicted yourself...

If the plight of adults and children are not the same, then how the hell are you gonna tie being trans to being a Pediaphile?!?!

Lol

The movement lgbt is doing the tieing not me, I am against it.

Reading comprehension skills go a long way.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
ally you don't see the hypocrisy in deciding a 2 year old is trans and swapping them without any difinative test, and undeniably a really crappy diagnosis rate..

Parents of some of these kids say as soon as their children can talk they are saying they are a girl or a boy. This is a fundamental basis of who all of us are as people and even kids know when it is wrong. If your mother put you in dresses and pig tails as a child, at what age would you have protested this? At five? At seven? What age would have known this was wrong for you?

For the umpteenth time, what clinicians look for is this that this behavior and vocalization is expressed consistently, persistently and insistently over time. When a kid has been trying to tell his/her parents this since they were two and is saying and demanding the same thing when they are 4 or 5, that is when they are evaluated and diagnosed.

That is your test. Is it definitive? No but when associated with other problems such as depression, anxiety and the whole list I don't feel like typing out for you AGAIN, and transitioning turns these kids around, makes them happy, cooperative and able to socialize then it doesn't take a brain scan, blood test or a rocket scientist to figure out this makes the lives of these kids better and improves their quality of life.

You really don't see how crazy that sounds???

It sounds crazy to you because you haven't witnessed it or experienced it but I know if my folks had listened to me when I was five and if it had been possible to transition back then, it sure would have sparred me a lot of grief, frustration and having my ass kicked for being different and sticking out. It would made my childhood far less traumatic, far less violent, a million times happier and I wouldn't have had to live for years locked away in my bedroom wanting to kill myself or be dead because I didn't want to live a lie or be perceived as something I was not. It took my parents until I was 15 and was nearly killed before they even started to get it and believe me, I've had every friggin' test under the sun and then some starting from the age of 10 until I was 17 and got a break for a while until we could actually find a doctor that knew what the hell they were talking about to get me hormones.

Save your cries for definitive testing for someone that cares. The proof, the test is in the children's lives that are improved, that are livable and happy and that have the chance to be normal kids. If you're going to stand in the way of that just because you don't understand it then I'm going to be standing in your way so these kids don't have to deal with crap in their lives by someone that thinks they know better than their own parents and doctors.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

the first three are a sexual lifestyle where they choose how to reach orgasm other than exclusively heterosexual

I see. You consider orgasm that which defines you.

You don't see a problem where children are seen as adult enough to accept their own transgenderism as it is presented alongside a purely sexually orientated movement?
"Boys on this side, girls on that side" is sexually oriented?

edit on 5/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I actually don't have a problem with it as long as the doctors and parents take full responsibility for the outcome. If the child kills Himself in puberty or adulthood then they need to be thrown in jail for murder. If the child wants to sue in the future because those hormones destroyed His life then they should be legally liable.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join