It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a definite chill in the Air.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Hey no detraction taken etc I am only chatting. I find climate change when one goes into it so either this or that; although we can see it happening it just seems up in the air and scientists only seem to produce research showing what their sponsors want them to show - not necessarily what is actually happening. There are big bucks to be made with climate change hence I went the easy root - chit chat.

I see your comment that your 'progeny' has opted out - my son hasn't and I do worry about my little granddaughter, although climate change is only one of my concerns for her future.

Our farms are getting bought out slowly just the same and I suspect its the same scenario around the world, who controls food production controls a hell of a lot in a world with an ever increasing population.

Hope the storms don't do too much damage fortunately we only get the after effects as they now come over to the UK. Very kind of you to offer a time share in Maui but we will all be off in a few months to Ibiza, somewhere I have never been and I like short plane journeys now. Sorry to see you can't play golf, I am still mourning the loss of field archery which I loved.

namaste Shiloh

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AsianStellar

42+C You would think I would be jealous but at 42C I'm not. Hope you can all cope with it. I can never get over the fact that when some areas are viscously cold others have heated up well beyond acceptable. There seems to be some kind of balancing act going on on the planet. I wish whatever is responsible could consider something a little less extreme for those affected most.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Strange because as a kid I can remember a few really warm summers but we seem to have one occasionally and then for the next few you could be forgiven for not noticing summer until the date tells thou it has gone.

England loves grey cloud and the luxury of clear blue skies that you can rely on day in and out have hardly ever happened here in my memory, or if they did they didn't last long.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I take it from your comments you wouldn't like our queen, her lot and her government - we could export free of charge? but probably thou err with a very wise decision.

I did see a chart on past climate change showing a huge number of climate swings, so perhaps we had been lulled into a false sense of security weather-wise because over the past hundred or so years we had pretty calm weather. However this is clearly changing with the hurricanes and other things we are experiencing now and as you say things could not only get colder but also more wild.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

I am looking at the sky now and its a dull grey with that horrible threat of rain you just know is coming.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here in the West Midlands in England I've been freezing my royal rastafarian ney neys off! But 2 hours later I could slip on some shorts and T-Shirt, very odd weather for April..

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

You are very brave Sir. Shorts then the need for an arctic suit all within 2 hours, sounds like the West Midlands.
Currently my neighbour is dashing off in his wellingtons and rainproofs as we are tipping with rain.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I take it from your comments you wouldn't like our queen, her lot and her government - we could export free of charge? but probably thou err with a very wise decision.

I did see a chart on past climate change showing a huge number of climate swings, so perhaps we had been lulled into a false sense of security weather-wise because over the past hundred or so years we had pretty calm weather. However this is clearly changing with the hurricanes and other things we are experiencing now and as you say things could not only get colder but also more wild.

In the 1880's/1890's there was an Earl from your fine nation that was hunting with, I believe, the king of England in India. He heard a tale about his wife having an affair, so he took off back home to deal with the scandal. I don't know all the details of the story on that side of the pond, but apparently he was as big a marriage cheat as her, and the scandal resulted in him being sent "to the ends of the Earth" to live out his days. He was given a $50,000 a year stipend, and become a very colorful, local character in the general area I live in.

If you want to send some more royals out this way...just make sure they are as colorful as the Earl was. We'd be happy to have them.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

The idea is, you start with a blob of compacted snow, then carve the shape out of it. Mother has the soul and skill of an artist. Tis a shame that motherhood rarely allowed her expression of that tendency, save on the rare occasion where her passion coincided with her commitment to her children.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

It is certainly cold this week (and back end of last week). Although, to some extent, i guess it depends where you live in the UK. I saw all the pics of the 3 flakes they got in London (Snowmageddon!) - had 2-3 inches here.

Statistically, we are much more likely to get snow in April than we are in November so i am actually wondering if we really just have useless memories!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: AsianStellar

42+C You would think I would be jealous but at 42C I'm not. Hope you can all cope with it. I can never get over the fact that when some areas are viscously cold others have heated up well beyond acceptable. There seems to be some kind of balancing act going on on the planet. I wish whatever is responsible could consider something a little less extreme for those affected most.

It's all relative isn't it? Do you remember the news reporting the deaths from cold weather in Bangladesh last year from extreme cold? It had got as low as......14C! Freezing for them, but over here that is get the shorts out and slap the lard on (being a Yorkshireman, i can't bring myself to pay for tanning oil!).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join