It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marines Ain't So Tough!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I posted the vid on another thread but read the news your seives thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Edit: fixed all caps in the title. Didn't bother with fixing "ain't".

[edit on 13-1-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Tough compared to what?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Oh yes the video of the guy with the British accent rambling on
And how does this prove Marines are not tough?

I smell a troll

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
SiberianTiger,
you come up against car bombs and see how tought YOU are.
Or, hey. why not go head to head with a marine, and see how tough you are

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
I posted the vid on another thread but read the news your seives thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Edit: fixed all caps in the title. Didn't bother with fixing "ain't".

[edit on 13-1-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

Didn't fix our seives, either, I seive.

I would take this propaganda no more seriously than any of the lies that emanate from George W Bush's mouth when his lips move.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This belongs in Chit Chat

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
U.S. Is losing and the election will semitake place after that I assure you who ever is elected will be swiftly killed, why because U.S went in for oil and Spetznas, Suddahm and his army will not alow any one to steal iraqi oil for jews in palistine aka=Isreal Part1. www.joevialls.co.uk... Part2. www.vialls.com... Part3. www.vialls.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Being a marine doesnt mean being tough, its about being a highly trained and highly efficient and being tougher than the average squaddie.
Remember the famous royal marine comand special boat service, "not by strength but by guile".
Marines are with out a doubt the most stealthy forces in modern warfare, the ability to dissepear and reappear along a coastline is a big advantage.
And since over 60% of the planet is covered by water they can acess almost every country in the world.

The rest of the forces are good too , not putting them down.
The army is probably the best at takeing and holding a position for a long time.
The AF is kinda obvios.
The navy is as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well, I must say, that I do not agree with this video. I see it merely as propoganda. However, from a film perspective, it was a well put together video, and as I have said before, the enemy may be evil, but they are not dumb.

The movie was obviously made to affect emotions and play with your mind. The music was obviously helping this. The well put together effect of the film makes it seem that the enemy is intelligent, and that they are right because of this. Do not believe this video.

I pose this question to them, though I know they will not answer:

Why do they invite the soldiers to "lay down their weapons and take refuge in mosques and homes"?

This is stupid, we all know that if a soldier laid down their weapon, they would not be allowed into their homes, rather they would be beheaded by these animals.

-wD

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This video has nothing to do with how tough the U.S. Marines are. And you should never make a comment like that in your right mind.

Walk onto a Marine Corps base anywhere in the world. Sit down and have a conversation with a Marine. Watch them train. Observe a Drill Instructor training new recruits. Go to Washington D.C. and look at the Marine Corps Memorial of the Marines raising the flag on Mt. Surabachi on Iwo Jima. Read the many quotes about the U.S. Marines by other countries' militaries. Study Marine Corps history. Listen to the words of The Marine's Hymn. Then come back and tell me how tough you think the U.S. Marines are.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hey MAN are'nt you like forgetting to mention something? like how about two-three minutes after that picture of those Marines were taken raising the U.S. flag on Iwo Jima that they were shot at and two of them died right there on the spot, don't give me that "thats just propaganda" stuff I saw with my own eyes the "History Channel's" documentary with George Bush SR himself stating that they were all shot right after that and about two of them died right there.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Siberian, you wouldn't last 2 nano-secs against a marine, so don't go saying that the marines aren't tough.

It's not about being tough, it's about being there, and doing your job, that's what it's about.

And it's about the men next to you, not about pride, or being the toughest, it's about protecting the guy who stands next to you.

You obviously have no etiquette and are equally stupid, do not put down a countries' military force, especially the American Marine Corp, voted one of the best Corp out there, in the Corp, they work together as brothers. IT is all about teamwork, not some sorry ass ROTC.

So get a life, and move out of your mother's basements, because those marines give their lives for us every day, and this is the best you treat them?

Without any education on the matter, you just open up like that?

Learn to think before you speak, because there is alot more involved than the history channel, or what you want to believe.

War is not fun, there is no such thing as the toughest in war, there only exists the living, and the dead. You want to be the living, not the dead.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Hey MAN are'nt you like forgetting to mention something? like how about two-three minutes after that picture of those Marines were taken raising the U.S. flag on Iwo Jima that they were shot at and two of them died right there on the spot, don't give me that "thats just propaganda" stuff I saw with my own eyes the "History Channel's" documentary with George Bush SR himself stating that they were all shot right after that and about two of them died right there.

Well, you've been misinformed. If you really want to know what happened to each of them, commonly known as "The Flag-Raisers", read the book "Flags of Our Fathers" by James Bradley, who is the son of one of them, a Navy Corpsman.

You should do your research before posting.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Why do they invite the soldiers to "lay down their weapons and take refuge in mosques and homes"?

This is stupid, we all know that if a soldier laid down their weapon, they would not be allowed into their homes, rather they would be beheaded by these animals.

-wD

We do NOT all know this. YOU want us to beleive it because you do. Dont mince words! Say "I beleive" and be done with it coward, dont assume to speak for others! *angry face*

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
errr.... right....

what does that vid have to do with the US marines?

Nice to see a fellow brit slagging off the UK(sarc)

looks like i'm safe though (yeah right), as i took part in the million man march

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Daystar]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's easy to be an insurgent. All you have to do is bomb indescriminately, killing Americans, Iraqis or, for that matter anyone around the bomb detonation. Innocent men, women and children are their targets. It's easy. It's easy to hide behind civilian clothing and attack people and then melt away into the general population. But being a marine, a front line target, readily identifiable because of their uniform and their disciplined stance and deployment is tough. These brave men know that they are clearly identifiable targets yet, even when attacked, they maintain discipline, fire control and hold their ranks. They don't run. They don't hide. Bring the war to them and they'll bring it right back to you.

Marines ARE tough. Marines are men , people, just like you or me, but they have been molded through training and discipline to be among the finest soldiers in the world. Training, dedication and discipline make the man.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Those links from joevialls are right on the money the Republican Gaurde controls 97% of Iraq while the so called though Marines are LITERALY Locked in fire bases remenisant of vietnam controlling only about 3% of Iraq here's whats happening to the MARIENES when they venture out of the bases don't worry it doesn't show Marines being killed or wounded but it's sure make you say "what happend to the ol' marine slogan "HOORA!" LOOK AT THE YELLOW BLOCKS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN IN THE YELLOW BLOCKS it will have DATES just skrool down a quarter of the way to the date 18.10.04 and click on the site thats talking about the American Patrol being attacked and watch your toough Marines show their "HEROIC" actions hahahahahaah here's the link warrning THERE IS 1 OR 2 GRAPHIC WORDS USED BY THE "SCARED MARINES" HAHAHAHA www.thenausea.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Those links from joevialls are right on the money the Republican Gaurde controls 97% of Iraq while the so called though Marines are LITERALY Locked in fire bases

If they did then they would form an actual strike force and attack not resort to guirrilla tactics.

remenisant of vietnam controlling only about 3% of Iraq here's whats happening to the MARIENES when they venture out of the bases don't worry it doesn't show

Is that really?
Funny last time i checked the british troops patrolled around with berets not being stuck with helmets on....hmm mabye all the pictures and news films are wrong and this one site is right. Well im really convinced!!! (starts to pull out the BS flag)

Marines being killed or wounded but it's sure make you say "what happend to the ol' marine slogan "HOORA!" LOOK AT THE YELLOW BLOCKS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN IN THE YELLOW BLOCKS it will have DATES just skrool down a quarter of the way to the date 18.10.04 and click on the site thats talking about the American Patrol being attacked and watch your toough Marines show their "HEROIC" actions

Every soldier/marine/airmen/sailor is already a hero if he doesnt disgrace his uniform.
If you have the guts to fight anywhere and with honour then you are heoric.

hahahahahaah here's the link warrning THERE IS 1 OR 2 GRAPHIC WORDS USED BY THE "SCARED MARINES" HAHAHAHA www.thenausea.com...

Those graphic words are used to direct squads and the such.
Many a time my section commander has called me an asshole because i wasnt running fast enough.
Also , if you really are saying that marines are not tough then might i suggest you and I meet and i can get a few marine mates of mine to give you a tour of lympston....might change your mind after you see the section battle attacks.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

You know that when they put that flag up the battle was already over? During the battle they put up a smaller flag. Later after it was over they wanted to put a bigger one up. That is what the photo captures. Get your facts straight.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
here's the U.S. Marines.. one or 100 of them

here's SiberianTiger

top topics

<<   2 >>

join