It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Science-Backed Clues to Know If a Guy Likes You for Sure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
By Danielle Anne Suleik

"Are you interested in knowing if the guy you like likes you back? Don’t settle for obvious signs. Watch and wait for these secret clues to know for sure."

www.lovepanky.com...

. . .
It would save us all from a load of heartbreak and can also give us that extra push we need to make the first move. But how does one know if a person truly likes them? Isn’t saying so enough?
Weeeellllll, not really. People lie all the time and it’s more disconcerting when they lie about their affection for you. Some guys will lie just to get you into bed, while others think it’s what you want to hear. [Read: 10 clear signs he’s faking love just to sleep with you]
. . .
#1 It’s the way they look at you. Researchers found when a person is thinking thoughts of love and infatuation as opposed to lust, they focus more on your face rather than on other parts of the body.
. . .
# 2 The way they say your name. Addressing a person using their name throughout a conversation can elicit feelings of attraction; however, it can also be a sign that a person likes you.
. . .

My notes on other parts of the article:

--How does he pace the relationship?

--How much does he seem to automatically orient facing you?

--What pitch of voice does he use with you vs with other people?

--How much sharing of mannerisms starts how soon?

--How much eye contact does he maintain?

--Trust your instincts.

[My brief paraphrased notes don't refer to all the items. I think they are all worth checking out at the link.]

= = = =

I think the 12 items are probably quite accurate. AT least most of them. And, it is believable that they were empirically derived from solid research.

I think some are more potent, weighty, important than others, however.

I think laughing together is powerful--all the more so if it flows naturally and is not an affectation. It is certainly plausible that taking on the gal's sense of humor as one's own would be an indication of genuine liking, affection.

I certainly think that the eye contact is very important. And do his eyes show that he's really tuned-in when focused on the gal's eyes?

I hadn't thought of the lower voice tone in general before but I think it's accurate. I've noticed it in some of my relationships on occasion.

Anyway--I think it's an article worth your time.

I'd be interested in y'all's experiences and perspectives on such issues.

I think a caveat needs to be stated--such things are not convincingly nor effectively 'acted out' when they are not sincere. The facade will eventually crack . . . and then the bloke will probably be worse off than if he'd not pretended what wasn't authentic, at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Why can't women just have some balls & ask a guy out or tell them they like him then see his response? Feminism is really not pulling its weight imo.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Reading body language is good psychology, but bad science. There are to many ifs, presented in the literature, and this article.

People laugh to fit in, or to cover uncomfortable moments, as well as finding humor. No one takes on another's sense of humor.

In regards to eye contact, I do that habitually when dealing with cashiers, etc. It is not a sign of interest.

The lower voice tone is used by humans to insinuate intimacy, but there are other uses for intimacy besides affection. It can be conspiratorial, or secretive, or manipulative, or as a tool, or so the people in the next cubicle have a harder time hearing you.

This article is actually worse than the books I read about body language that were published in the 1960s, but only because the '60's books added the "but it might not be" caveat to everything.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

LOLOL

I understand your worthy points and reservations.

However, I do think that the research has some validity to it.

And, as usual with such things--we are talking about ON AVERAGE . . . and GENERALITIES.

I think the points are fitting and a good place to start for those who are totally clueless in such departments.

Any complex topic can easily be picked apart in terms of exceptions etc.

Thanks for your kind reply.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

When I like a girl... I just tell her," come here baby, give me some of that good sweet loving" and typically she obliges.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Also. Watch the arms hands and legs and feet. All posture points.

Square to you, open arms and legs, feet point at you and hands relaxed... He likes you. Or she. Body language for comfertablness is gender neutral.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

If that's your pic in your avatar . . .

I'd guess that your quality of eye contact is way above average

and

that your quality of tone of voice as well as your quality of touch are significantly above average.

Cheers, Congrats.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

Agreed.

I think many people, for some reason, have trouble paying attention to those indicators and making proper sense out of them. Not sure why. Seems simple enough to me. Maybe the boundaries between the meanings are not so clear, cut and dried. It's more analogue instead of binary. So, folks don't know where the indication one direction starts and stops with the indication toward the other direction.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

When I like a girl, I pay her in advance.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

And if she likes you . . . uhhhh . . . does she give you a partial refund?

Somehow, I'm skeptical that treating folks or one another, even, as objects for mutual 'back scratching' is what the article had in mind in terms of deepening committed relationships.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Goodness. I am not single or attractive anymore, so it is not relevant to me,
But when I was, I didn't ask myself how to tell if a man was attracted to me or not.
(I guess I could tell without thinking about it)
But ultimately, it didn't matter. What mattered was whether or not he could express that to me clearly and consciously.

I don't care if he likes me- if he can't recognize that, acknowledge it and say it outloud.

This was very important to me anyway, because I did not want to be with a man that doesn't know how to discern and verbalize what he feels and what he wants! Who wants to be with a person who is always disassociated from his own emotions, with his body saying one thing, the words saying another, and you having to bring him around to acknowledging his own self while he fights you?

Integrity in the individual facilitates integrity in the couple.

I had lots of suitors. I married the man who clearly let me know he was interested right away, using his words.... and the fact that he kept a journal was huge- he actually spent time reflecting upon his thoughts emotions and impressions each day! That won me over. I won't need to spend my time trying to interpret his body language and arguing with his words!

If HE doesn't know what he feels and can't say it clearly, do you really want to be with him??
edit on 27-4-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

WONDERFUL INSIGHTS.

Sounds like a wonderful relationship. I suspect you reared your children well, too. Am I wrong?

Congrats.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Bluesma

WONDERFUL INSIGHTS.

Sounds like a wonderful relationship. I suspect you reared your children well, too. Am I wrong?

Congrats.

I think so. But than I am biased. My relationship is formed according to how we wanted it, our childrearing too, so all is relative.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It's in his kiss.

Any girls want to try out this theory?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I think you can tell when its a natural, shared, real laughter.

This probably isnt meant for people like the cashier, but someone you would see more often and interact with in a more personal way. Now, if someone returns to the same cashier every time, And these other variables match up, then maybe there is something more they have in mind besides just milk, eggs and a loaf of bread.

If all there is is eye contact, thats not enough, because as you said, people do that all the time, during their strictly business interactions. Taken as a whole, these cues could potentially mean something.

I think, or hope, someone would be able to tell the difference between using a low voice for affection, and using it to plan a conspiracy, or share some secret or gossip or rumour.

However, I do believe all us men tire of the womens magazines and their "12 tricks to make a man wild over you" or "is he really that into you? Read page 32!". But women arent the only ones who are afraid to be upfront with the person they like. Nobody likes being rejected, although some of us have gotten over the fear of it as being the worst possible outcome. Most if us want some kind of assurance before we come right out and tell someone our true feelings.

Its understandable. And at least this is scientifically based, or "psychologically" based, unlike some of the outright false crap I've read in some of my exes women magazines. A man's nipple is Not an "erogenous zone". Lol

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Its been awhile since the last time I met a girl I was really into. Guess all this traveling around the past 2 years I haven't had much time to meet anyone.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Interesting article...though some of it can be true...though it is funny how single women are these days and how choosy they are. Just because these male signs of attraction are present doesn't mean the woman will choose him to be his mate. However, I did find this one funny:

"#3 He slows it down for you....Most women have to walk faster to keep up with a male counterpart because of their shorter legs."

ROFL...Btw, the above saying could also be said for midget men and if a woman likes him, she slows her pace down for him hahahah

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Interesting article...though some of it can be true...though it is funny how single women are these days and how choosy they are. Just because these male signs of attraction are present doesn't mean the woman will choose him to be his mate. However, I did find this one funny:

"#3 He slows it down for you....Most women have to walk faster to keep up with a male counterpart because of their shorter legs."

ROFL...Btw, the above saying could also be said for midget men and if a woman likes him, she slows her pace down for him hahahah

LOL- Good point.
Also, do women usually have shorter legs than men?
I mean, my husband is the same height as me, but his legs are much shorter- he has a longer torso. Most of my boyfriends before him were of the same build.

But also, one of the things I remarked on our first date was that he walked very fast. He didn't wait up for me, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him.

It stayed in my memory because I always wondered if it was weird that I liked that....

top topics

join