It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man is a man, and a woman is a woman....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaotroTheat
*sigh* I was actually waiting for this one...

GraffikPleasure...

For starters if you are letting your young children use public restrooms unattended maybe you should immediately reevaluate your caliber of parenting because, I must say, it seems quite low.

Hopefully you don't actually have kids.

Next, I would work on building better scarecrows because this tattered old strawman is in shambles its been passed around so frequently.

Ew. Is this starting to get to the level people are picking apart at the bones or remains of this thing like scraps from last weeks 'really bad conversation idea' or can it hopefully just sink to the bottom of the lake and disintegrate?...

edit on 27-4-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I dont think its the idea that people dont have a right to what they believe or who they think they are. I think its off the rails when you force people to accept your version of who you are while at the same time labeling them a bigot if they dont.

It was "I should be able to marry who or whatever I want." If you dont let me you are a bigot! Ok, you got that one.
It was, "If you don't bake me a cake, I will sue you." If you dont do this for me you are a bigot! Ok, you got that one..
Now its "I feel like a woman today." "If you don't let me into the bathroom with your 7 year old girl I will sue you." If you dont let me you are a bigot! Ok, you seem to be winning this one...

What's next? Does anyone else see the trend here? I mean really folks.. When will it ever be enough for these whining tools?

What have I learned? I am a BIGOT and I am proud of it. People say it like its a bad thing. I embrace it with a smile..

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Is there any particular reason why this is on Religion and Theology forum ? After all according to All members read

The Faith, Religion, and Theology forum exists as a place for member to discuss three important items.

Faith - Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
Religion - A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
Theology - The study of the nature of God and religious truth; rational inquiry into religious questions.

I think the social issues forum would have been more appropriate. Anyway, i just want to give my two cents.

Anyways what are your thoughts on the responses these people give to his questions?

The video just shows, that people are willing to accept and believe anything as long does not harm anyone. For example the claim that he is a chinese female although he is not one. And i agree with you about that someone should be able to distinguish the differences. That is the impression that i got from the video presented by the OP.

And since you touched the gender issue (which seems to be nr1 problem in the USA, as been presented by the media), i do not see why its so difficult for some to accept, that a biologically "male" is a biologically "male" no matter if he thinks/identifies himself as a "female". The same can be said for the opposite sex.

If the issue is the "Rest-room" then either :
1. Use the current ones.(Biologically Male/Female)
or
2. Use a unisex "rest-room"(which i am sure they existing).

But for the love of God, people should stop making issues where there is none.

Regards

edit on 27-4-2016 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2016 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

What's the problem with them not having a problem with what you choose to do with your non-harmful beliefs.

The whole point. Busy body do gooders and their hi browed sentimentalities…

Oooh, we're so offended by anything against our grain…

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: BoxFulder

You do realise the brains chemistry and signals ie consciousness tells a completely different story to genetics ie whether you have balls or not.

It's not hard to understand.

It's wilful ignorance and bigotry.

Oh I understand quite well that the brain has chemistry. Mine has issues that cause me migraines, and I take medications to adjust that.

Sometimes, people have chemical imbalances that cause them to have all kinds of problems, and sometimes those imbalances relate to mood and other disturbances in the brain.

I suppose we ought to ask ourselves when we consider a chemical imbalance something we ought to celebrate and when it's something we ought to treat.

The idea that a psychiatrist's evaluation can help any abnormal behavior issue has caused alot of problems. The last thing a transgender needs is a psychiatrist trying to fix their gender issue by throwing a bunch of pharmapseudicals at it.

Until we understand the brain completly, there will be no "fix" for transgender. And even if there was a chemical fix to make a transgender feel like their genetical sex, it wouldnt change the issue we are faced with now. Transgender may not even be a chemical imbalanc. Theres a good chance its not.

The issue we face now is acceptance.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Slaves to our hormones. Simple physiology.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Exactly!!! To be more specific, self-acceptance of who and what they/we are, and to like/love them/ourselves as is. Not because society as a whole or any individual accepts them.

In the process, they/we can school the rest of the world on the ridiculousness of the many shallow and superficial definitions and descriptions we apply based on "gender."

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
*sigh* people are just ignorantly blind...or shills

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

1. I do have a kid
2. What world do you want to live in where a 12 year old can't go to the bathroom themselves.. this situation furthers the likelyhood of bad things happening...
Not only that, maybe you should reevaluate your parenting skills if you hold your kids' hand through college. Plus we are not just worried about kids.
3. Glad you were waiting for this valid point, as you obviously think it can be an issue (which it is)
4. Go back to reporting Sanders facebook groups to be removed, Hillary isn't paying you to sit on your hands.

Try being intellectually honest about the issue.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
GraffikPleasure

Do your legs hurt from all the jumping to conclusions you have been doing?

I hate Hillary Clinton with a passion. But that's not the issue here.

Good try though. Now go wash that taste out of your mouth.

*drops mic*

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Exactly!!! To be more specific, self-acceptance of who and what they/we are, and to like/love them/ourselves as is. Not because society as a whole or any individual accepts them.

In the process, they/we can school the rest of the world on the ridiculousness of the many shallow and superficial definitions and descriptions we apply based on "gender."

The ______ / ______ in your sentences make your post hard to read. Just to let you know.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

This has nothing to do with rapists. This law isn't going to stop children from being molested. And labelling trans people as pedophiles is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard on ATS.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Exactly how does this sistuation help your kid from not going to the bathroom by himself? Please enlighten me oh wise one.

A trans woman ( who looks like a woman because she is now a woman ) wants to use the woman's washroom. This law word force her to use the boys room unless her birth certificate has been changed. Think about this. There's no logic in that law.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

You are very funny, also reread your other post to me... Practice what you preach.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Think past the actual law...

Anybody can use any bathroom... Do the math.

Why is this do hard to grasp.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Also, work on your reading comprehension skills... I never said anything about transgenders being rapists.

There are bad people with ill intentions in the world

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Think past the actual law...

Anybody can use any bathroom... Do the math.

Why is this do hard to grasp.

I've been using public restrooms for decades without issue. Why is this now such a pressing issue? Transgender people have been among us since forever, laying low and not causing problems. Why do you think they'll become menaces to society in the future?

If you want "security," a public restroom probably isn't the ideal place to hang out. If you believe that predators will be prevented by more laws, I'd suggest a law banning state legislators, catholic priests, Subway sandwiches pitch men, US Senators, and college football coaches. (and Speakers of the US House of Representatives)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Omg, once again, this let's anyone use any bathroom.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It sure does... didn't realize that until you pointed it out and I read it again.

Sorry bout that.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The only reason there are so many "gender-confused" people is because we put the notion in their head that we should choose our gender, and kids/teenagers are immensely susceptible to identity crisis's.

If we actually tested this, I could prove it to you.

Get a control group, say 1 million kids. We raise the boys to identify as boys. And the girls to identify as girls from birth. You'll see what... Maybe 0.000000001% have gender confusion?

Then get another million kids, and reinforce the idea from birth that their gender is NOT determined by their anatomy and genetics. I wouldn't be surprised to find that roughly 50% of them will be gender confused as young adults...

Stop telling the kids they get to decide their genders..... The few exceptions may chose to do as they please in their adult life, and we should try to keep our judgment to a minimum, they are adults, let them do as they please with their bodies.
But we have NO RIGHTS to confuse children on their identity... Its just wrong. Let girls be girls and boys be boys. Don't start telling them they get to chose their gender, we're gonna # up the future generations and further ruin the male/female dynamic that is already currently suffering due to extreme feminism and the residual sexist male mentality of our past.

Let's not make things worse.... We should celebrate women being women. And men being men. REMEMBER what it means to be a man or woman, and be proud of it.
Get to know and love yourself instead of attempting to re-invent yourself....

Please....

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

So what about the families who have several children, and only one has gender dysphoria? The other kids in the family weren't confused, so you can't blame the parenting.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join