It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man is a man, and a woman is a woman....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Again I'm not interested in your beliefs as long as they don't harm people or the environment. So what's your issue with people who identify with the opposite gendeR? Simple question.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Again I'm not interested in your beliefs as long as they don't harm people or the environment.

That is fine but if you make a claim I think is false I am going to correct it. I do use science in my reasoning for my beliefs was the point. I have already told you I don't have an issue with trans-people . What I have an issue with is the way society is making it wrong to state clear objective facts about reality. I am simply annoyed by how people are willing to pretend a person who is clearly a male is a female and that it has gotten so bad many people are not willing to tell a 5'9 white male that he is not a 6'5 chinese female.
edit on 27-4-2016 by ServantOfTheLamb because: typo

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Ignore them and let this thread fade into oblivion. They seem to be resolved in their ways, why this topic in particular is a focus of theirs, no idea. That being said the simple fact that they cite the XX XY as the end all be all shows that they haven't had any formal training in the field. Probably not much beyond, maybe a simple intro bio course in high school or college, that barely scratches the surface of the complexities of the field.

Despite Genetic research taking massive strides over the last 3 decades and tools that allow us to manipulate single nucleotides in live cells and "decoding" the genome, we have barely scratched the surface in terms of describing/cataloging the intricacies of these systems. To model these networks with any predictive ability requires algorithms on the order of the ones used in artificial neural networks and mathematics used in chaos theory and bifurcation theory among other things, and even those can be insufficient. Boolean logic is usually used because it is binary and thus comparatively easy to model and test its predictive ability, but it is prone to high level of information loss due to these systems not being binary and subject to tons of variables.

Now take a step out from that, these extremely complicated, dynamic, time dependent, situation dependent, and what you had for breakfast dependent systems all happen within each of your cells and our ability to directly observe it in action is low at best. And they are all connected, there is no isolated part of this as far as I know. These systems also communicate between each of these cells and to suggest that different individual cells (of the same type) don't receive different signals of different strength at different times during those individual cell's different gene and gene product expression levels would be naive. I wouldn't be surprised, just like with cancer and other heavily studied fields, if and when we get to the point of accurately modeling the human body and its systems that multiple reasons and conditions can occur that ultimately lead up to someone being born trans or cis, gay or straight, with high intelligence or low intelligence, a freckle in one place or two inches to the left.

I could on for hours about this topic, and if anyone is interested I think there is a post somewhere around hear where I attempt to explain the problem with both extremes of the GMO debate from the genetic perspective. (all good vs all bad). Googling Gene regulatory networks will present plenty of dirty pictures that give me horrible memories of upper level genetics courses. In case anyone is wondering, I'm an undergrad biochemistry and cell molecular biology double major, I also majored in Genetics solely and was about a year from that degree and had only research and non major electives left before the outside world decided pull me away from the lab I was working in and school. This field has always been a passion of mine and I plan on grad school and becoming a professor/researcher. This topic in particular also hits me personally because I happen to be trans and was aware of it since I was two.

Another thing I love is that the people who agree with the OP always seem to accuse or imply that people who disagree with them are attacking them, are triggered, or whatever non substantive argument they throw at others. Despite the fact they are the ones that brought it up, while claiming they don't have a problem with it, yet are resolved to spread false notions as the end all be all of human understanding about what, in this case, gender someone is and whether or not it is possible for the brain to tell someone something difference. And even if they do end up agreeing that, its possible they then engage in semantic arguments about whether it is a "disorder." The way in which they seem to be insisting upon this word, despite the experts now agreeing that it isn't, shows that either they are oblivious to the fact that specific words have connotation and invoke specific imagery depending on who the person is, in this case i'm sorry and can't blame you. Psychopathic knowing that diction is important, but still insisting upon a word that invokes specific imagery, leading to people having opinions not based in reality and thus marginalizing people for a reason no better than race, religion, sexual orientation, eye color, left handedness. Don't understand the topic, I won't be mad or upset or think negatively of someone if they turn around and admit it, and are willing to learn. They have some sort of agenda. Or they could just be here to anger people, but are ignorant of the damage ideas like that can cause or just don't care.

Things change, including language. Our understanding of reality is constantly expanding, and it would be wise to allow yourself to integrate new information into your world view regardless of past information, but never tightly, because it could be changed the next day as our collective knowledge and control over reality grows at an ever increasing rate. Question everything, and be mindful and loving of those around you, because that's the only real(to our objective knowledge) thing that we have. IF we as a species want any chance of answering the deep questions, we must stop looking down on each other, come together, learn to admit faults, admit when we are wrong and treat each other as you would want to be treated. I really disliked people until I found my passion for science and then I started to love everything around me more and more because to hate someone is to hate the universe.

"what you do is what the whole universe is doing at the place you call here and now. You are something that the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is something that the whole ocean is doing" -Alan Watts

edit on 27-4-2016 by SpaceFauna because: typo

edit on 27-4-2016 by SpaceFauna because: no reason

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Three questions, do "supporters" argue because they are insinuating coyly that they "approve" and to do so, one has to lace their conversation with "approval" type statements and reiterations of commonly repeated "supporter" anecdotes? Does this register to transsexuals as a come on?

Do "detractors" of the "what's next a toaster" variety do this as a joke? Is it endearing?

And is this whole argument like, a fan club thing where people say "wink wink, I take this position" and the other drops an obligatory line about toasters? And one of them gets to pick up the tranny? I'm just trying to see how this works. Oh and mods, please don't delete this. This is how I talk. I really don't see how 1000000 straight doods could be arguing with 1000000 other straight dudes about a subject that just so isn't straight. I don't buy the line that everyone is a "supporter" because people are "just so kind." It's too many "supporters." Thanks.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The guy has an interesting take on things in his interview. However, people are born a certain way and their mental gender does not always match their physical gender. A gay man's brain is structured like a female, for example. Some people are very convinced that they are actually a man (if they are a woman) and take hormones and work hard to look and sound like who they feel like they are. If he was attracted to women, wouldn't it be better for the trans man to go to the bathroom with people he isn't attracted to?

And how does it make it easier for a woman to infiltrate the men's bathroom if she decides at the last minute to dress like a guy and pretend she is one? Is this really going to be an issue? I mean, once she starts looking under stalls and through cracks, she's doing something illegal, either way.

I think that people are using this kind of reasoning to cloud the fact that they really are just interested in being dicks to transgender people.
edit on 27amWed, 27 Apr 2016 05:14:57 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
The guy has an interesting take on things in his interview. However, people are born a certain way and their mental gender does not always match their physical gender. A gay man's brain is structured like a female, for example. Some people are very convinced that they are actually a man (if they are a woman) and take hormones and work hard to look and sound like who they feel like they are. If he was attracted to women, wouldn't it be better for the trans man to go to the bathroom with people he isn't attracted to?

And how does it make it easier for a woman to infiltrate the men's bathroom if she decides at the last minute to dress like a guy and pretend she is one? Is this really going to be an issue? I mean, once she starts looking under stalls and through cracks, she's doing something illegal, either way.

I think that people are using this kind of reasoning to cloud the fact that they really are just interested in being dicks to transgender people.

No, it would not be better for her to go to the bathroom with men. You're very kind, but I think that that sounds very...uhh...things don't just end there. We're talking about a whole class of females. I don't even think you believe what you just said.

Gay men aren't all female. I can't believe you actually said "trans man." There is no such thing as "mental gender." You said they "work hard to look and sound like who they feel they really are." Aww.

Come on, let's all stop repeating stuff. I'm starting to think it's a joke.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: ketsuko

What's the problem with them not having a problem with what you choose to do with your non-harmful beliefs.

Secondly I don't even know what you're talking about really because there isn't a single case of people thinking they're starving bangladeshi children.

There are millions of people with gender identity issues.
they can do whatever they want,just as the rest of us can. Stop forcing us all to take part in the delusions of mentally iill people.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

You forgot lobotomies & prayer group.
you call others bigots then mock religious people.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Alright so while no one's answering me, I'll talk about the REAL issue. Attraction. That's right. Folks who "identify" as transsexual make up, what, like 2% percent of the population, amirite? Of those 2% only 2% are going to be what you call reasonably attractive, to like 2% of 6% of the population. The rest of everyone else just goes along their business unless they're what I see with two camps of people, one that goes on an on about statistics and new age academics and "supporter lingo" for whatever devious reason. This guy usually baits "conservatives" by saying or maybe trying to convince, that they are "obsessed with the subject" meanwhile bringing it up a lot! Boy you've sure studied!! Coupled with yes the five or six conservatives (like Matt drudge for instance) that keep bringing up the subject-every time there's something in the news, it's like "tranny!!! Look! Look! 'Trans-person!!!' " It's like a magnet to some people for some reason. A stupid, cute little magnet. It's full of people saying stuff!!! And it won't seem to go away. The rest of us just want to live out our lives.
edit on 27-4-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Well when it comes to minding your own business...when should that start? Before or after pedofile men go into a women's bathroom right behind a little girl who is by herself? Let's not forget that women rape little boys too, don't mean to be sexist and leave them out.

That's the issue... It has not much to do with crazy people acting crazy, but more about, say, what opportunists will do with this.

But... MYOB and let the rapists rape right?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Let's not forget that women rape little boys too, don't mean to be sexist and leave them out.

...ew...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Actually, you know what? Let's just do away with bathrooms. Seems we all can't come to an agreement, and I'll be fine as I haven't used a public restroom in like years. I'm just...done. I'm outta here. I quit.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I believe what I said, and there is a mental gender, actually. Males and females think differently.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Males and females think differently.

Thats not what you said or meant. You were referring or implying though that this can be at reversal with one's physicality in a general sense. Like a debate topic so many academics get into, whether it can or can't happen. I think it's useless in the general sense, tho. And that's just it

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

There have been studies that show gay men have women's brains.

Gay Brains Structured Like those of the Opposite Sex

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I agree, it's irrational.
Your body is part of who you are, to deny that would be to deny a part of yourself.

But it's entirely up to you to feel a strong connection to something, and even if you belief someone's essence can't connect with these aspects of life, why care how they feel? Is that something you think is worth fussing about?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You do realise the brains chemistry and signals ie consciousness tells a completely different story to genetics ie whether you have balls or not. It's not hard to understand. It's wilful ignorance and bigotry.

In psychology a delusion is defined as belief that is clearly false and that indicates an abnormality in the affected person's content of thought. If you have a XY chromosome you are a male. If you have a XX chromosome you are female. These are simply objective facts about biology. If a person believes differently they need help we shouldn't feed the delusion and begin to dilute ourselves.

Isn't it also a delusion for those who talk to invisible gods? You can't prove that those exist, but we still allow millions of people to go about their lives pretending they are doing "god's" work.

You want the right to pretend your fantasies, yet you want to take away other people's right to believe what they want.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Ngg

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
*sigh* I was actually waiting for this one...

GraffikPleasure...

For starters if you are letting your young children use public restrooms unattended maybe you should immediately reevaluate your caliber of parenting because, I must say, it seems quite low.

Hopefully you don't actually have kids.

Next, I would work on building better scarecrows because this tattered old strawman is in shambles its been passed around so frequently.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
What's coming after this ? Anything goes in any mental capacity...? This is, whether you like it or not, the complete breakdown of the moral fabric of our society. I'll leave you to imagine how low we can descend into perverse reprobate behavior. Our children will be the next........ and what will we do ? offer them as sacrifices to Baal ? Will the dead even become victims of this perverse society ? Will you defend it under the guise of being liberal, progressive, nonjudgmental ? Some things need to be judged. You tell me ..... will You justify it before GOD ?.... because you will give account whether you want to believe it or not.

How far will you sink into Depravity....?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join