It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man is a man, and a woman is a woman....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

No I am not confusing a persons genatalia with gender...

You kinda are, and and you've gone beyond that.

Things are supposed to be as though they are represented in your OP but they are not, as in: "simply not"; As explicated in the title of you OP: "A man is a man, and a woman is a woman....". Yet...

...there are prevailing environmental factors which dictate otherwise...

Partial androgen insensitivity syndrome.

K?

Listen, Bro: If God did not mean for us to understand one another by having us live through these times, and embody them, then we would not exist

edit on 26-4-2016 by Bybyots because: Update madness...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Your sex is your genitalia, gender is in your brain. Most of the time your genitalia matches the brain, but occasionally it doesn't. This is what causes gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria is the discomfort when the genitalia (and hormones produced by the genitalia) doesn't match what the brain says. More and more research is showing that gender dysphoria is neurological, not psychological. There is no known successful treatment for this neurological disorder, other than to change the physical, thereby ending the dysphoria. That's a fact.

I disagree with your assessment of gender. You are defining gender as the "roles" you play in society. Meaning the actions you would prefer to take part in....this is entirely different than being a female...sorry about it...the study I gave you shows sexual reassignment surgery doesn't fix the problem suicide rates are the same....and its not because of mistreatment.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I busted out laughing when I saw this lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Gothmog

But the sky isn't blue.

m.livescience.com...

Just like gender identity, there is more than meets the eye.

It's not as simple as saying "I'm right" like the jerkwad in the video.

Grey.

I learned that about 4 decades ago in grade school . And why the sky appears to us as blue....

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Sorry, you are the one who is wrong. Transgender youth who transition early (before puberty) are happier with a much lower suicide rate than those who don't start transitioning until they are adults.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

LOLOLOL I gave you a thirty year long study and you give me one that is barely 4 years old and say I am wrong? Not to mention mine is from a journal is this published anywhere?
edit on 26-4-2016 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I'll ask again because you haven't answered yet. How are trans people bringing your quality of life down? Does this affect you personally?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

No, and I have not argued for intolerance. I have only argued that it shouldn't be frowned upon to tell people they are wrong when they clearly have a false belief.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
No, High Suicide Rates Do Not Demonstrate That Transgender People Are Mentally Ill

For example, one study that has been cited frequently is a Swedish study from 2011. It found that people who had actually undergone sex reassignment surgery were 19 times more times likely to die by suicide. Opponents of trans equality have used this stat to suggest that no trans person should undergo such surgeries, fueling the myths about “transition regret.” But the study did not compare trans people who had gotten surgery to trans people who had not gotten surgery — it compared them to the general population of Sweden, people who are not transgender. Thus, none of its conclusions actually support the claim that there are consequences to transitioning. Furthermore, the mortality rate was only statistically significant for people who had surgery before 1989; for those who had their surgery between 1989 and 2003, the increased mortality for transgender people was not statistically significant.

Fact check: study shows transition makes trans people suicidal

The story references your 2011 study. This study states, “The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9). Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) and psychiatric inpatient care (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 2.0–3.9).” However, those citing your work never seem to note that your study also includes the following very large caveat:

It is therefore important to note that the current study is only informative with respect to transsexual persons health after sex reassignment; no inferences can be drawn as to the effectiveness of sex reassignment as a treatment for transsexualism. In other words, the results should not be interpreted such as sex reassignment per se increases morbidity and mortality. Things might have been even worse without sex reassignment. As an analogy, similar studies have found increased somatic morbidity, suicide rate, and overall mortality for patients treated for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. This is important information, but it does not follow that mood stabilizing treatment or antipsychotic treatment is the culprit.

What? No Paul McHugh yet? I'm disapointed.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Again you are just posting random source. I gave information. Its up to you to interpret it as you see fit. I am not going to speculate. I am going to talk about what we know.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

The second source is interpretation by one of the lead researchers conducting the study. Not so random, eh?

I am going to talk about what we know.

We who? Please don't get me started talking about what I know. You won't listen so why should I bother with your obviously trollish, ill-intentioned thread?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

I don't give a rat's arse about her interpretation of her experiment. What I care about are the numbers and the data.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

No, and I have not argued for intolerance. I have only argued that it shouldn't be frowned upon to tell people they are wrong when they clearly have a false belief.

Pot, meet Kettle.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Okay on that note than what is your religious belief?
edit on 27-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I think the name makes it quite apparent lol

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I assume your talking about my personal theological ideologies. These are not "clearly false beliefs." In fact I have plenty of reasons for thinking that those are the best explanation of what I observe in reality.
edit on 27-4-2016 by ServantOfTheLamb because: typo

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Yeah but no scientific facts of your beliefe whatsoever. So faith is good enough for you bass your entire life in but other claiming a different gender by fain is wrong why? And ill ask again. How in the flying fukc does somebody's gender affect your life? Because if it doesn't. Dont worry about it.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Yeah but no scientific facts of your beliefe whatsoever.

Well I am confused. Do you think we should be able to describe a transcendent creator thru the mechanisms of the creation? That is like saying we could describe the devs that worked on COD by appealing to the source code of COD. Its not a logical thought. Scientific facts help establish sound premises for logical arguments for God but they aren't going to show you God because God is outside of this system in the same way devs are outside of the games they create.

For example the Kalam Cosmological Argument is relatively uncontroversial except for premise 2.

The premises are as follows:

1. Anything that beings to exists has a cause

2. The universe began to exists

3. therefore the universe has a cause.

Now IMO most atheist wouldn't disagree with any of the premises if they didn't know before hand that the conclusion implies the existence of God. But to illustrate what I mean when I say they can be used to establish sound premises we could use the Science of today to analyze premise 2. I would present things like the Second law of thermodynamics, the expanding universe, the BGV theorem, cosmic background radition..and then there are also many philosophical arguments against a past eternal. Science does not defeat religion it compliments it. Seems to me most atheist feel that theist must have a static view of the world rather than a dynamic one that can change upon the arrival of new evidence.

So faith is good enough for you bass your entire life in but other claiming a different gender by fain is wrong why?

I think we probably use the word faith differently. I am assuming you are referring to blind faith which is something I do not have at all nor does the Christian doctrine teach that we should have blind faith it actually teaches that we should have reasons for our faith .

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join