It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man is a man, and a woman is a woman....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You mean Shaun King who is actually mixed raced and exposed the vicious lies about him being spread?

You guys are a riot!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

This differs from what the professionals say:

The shift underscores that being transgender is not a disorder in itself: Treatment only is considered for transgender people who experience gender dysphoria — a feeling of intense distress that one's body is not consistent with the gender he or she feels they are, explains Walter Bockting, PhD, a clinical psychologist and co-director of the LGBT Health Initiative at Columbia University Medical Center.
Physicians usually require that any transgender client who wants a medical intervention be assessed first by a mental health provider. A letter may be requested stating that the client's mental health would improve from a gender transition. "Over the last two to three years, a number of medical associations have made statements about the medical necessity of transitional care for transgender people," says dickey. While still somewhat stigmatizing, a diagnosis of gender dysphoria ensures that more services for transgender people will be covered by health insurers.
It is standard practice to treat the client for any psychiatric conditions that might be present before starting a medical transition. After that, medical treatment may include hormone therapy to diminish unwanted secondary-sex characteristics and produce or enhance secondary-sex characteristics of the desired gender. A 2011 study led by Colt Meier, a psychology doctoral candidate at the University of Houston (Journal of Gay & Lesbian Mental Health) showed that hormone therapy was associated with lower levels of depression, anxiety and stress, as well as increased quality of life in a sample of more than 400 transgender men.

www.apa.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Individual psychotherapy

Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)

Family therapy

Conventional antipsychotics

Atypical antipsychotics

Other medications

Not saying all of these, but these are all options.....

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

You forgot lobotomies & prayer group.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
true story:

some dude went to get his bullocks snipped off, because you know, nature can keep the balance of the universe an all living things, but the wrong body and brain, only in humans.. i dont see lions who thinks heir parrots.....

i digress..
this guy went in because he identified as a woman, somehow, and the doctor came out dressed in a bunny suit and chewing on carrots because he identified as a rabbit.

the patient was like ' youre a crazy idiot in a costume, yourr not going near my bullocks'

my 2 cents on that matter.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Show me the studies - that aren't from right wing religious groups - that prove any long-term success from any of these types of treatments.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
ServantOfTheLamb,

What if said "afflicted" individuals have no desire to be "cured"? What then?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

A man is a man, and a woman is a woman....

I wish that were true, Brother. But it's not.

We have a bit of a mess on our hands in terms of hormones. They are doing strange stuff. Some embryos are doused with more or less of each due to prevailing environmental factors.

So we're screwed til we can figure this out.

But look at it this way: "We're blessed, because we have complicated issues to solve for."

It's all good. man, relax.

Have a good night.

edit on 26-4-2016 by Bybyots because: : )

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It's willful ignorance and bigotry.

And, continuous online bullying of the LGBTQ community and their families. Its disgraceful!

And this thread is in the "Theology" forum.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yep.

That's why I said he forgot group prayer...

You can tell the types that want to pray away the gay.

Not that there is anything gay about gender identity...
Not to us, anyways.

They can't seem to distinguish much on these topics.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yea they changed the name of Gender Identity Disorder to Gender Dysphoria....a rose by any other name is still a rose....

This diagnosis is a revision of DSM-IV’s criteria for gender identity disorder and is intended to better characterize the experiences of affected children, adolescents, and adults

www.dsm5.org...

They changed the name to be politically correct......its right there....just again worded appropriately ...

That source is irrelevant. If delusion is defined as a clearly false belief that indicates an abnormality in the affected person's content of thought. A person who is biologically a man believing they are a female is exactly that.....the fact you cannot see this is mind boggling....

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

But Theology is biology.

It's no one's fault but a bunch of churchy morons.

But because of them, real humans, in the trenches, are stuck with solving for that bit, too.

Fun. Right? The sins of the father, and all that?

edit on 26-4-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Then who cares, but society shouldn't conform to their delusions....and begin to believe that a 5'9 white male can be a 6'5 chinese female....if you don't see the problem with that I don't really know what to say its common sense.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
ignorance is bliss. Not saying it as a term used to falsely justify apathy on the given subject in the form of a catchy cliche.

maybe an educated, empathic, speaking from experience, having my own life to ponder about statement

i find it aronic that people who think people that have gender identity crisis are not very well aware of the fact in the title of this thread

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

if you don't see the problem with that

See a problem with people not having a problem with people's beliefs???

I think you're the problem.

Authoritarian much?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Show me the statistics. Millions of people with this mental disorder? As someone said in another thread. Confusion of your gender is a mental disorder.

Unsubscribing.

link   

Authoritarian much?

It's ignorance.

Be kind.

link   

Are you a mental health professional? Are you a member of the American Psychology Association? Have you had any training or have you done any studies regarding the transgender population?

If no to any of those questions, you are talking out your posterior. I'll trust the professionals before I trust anything you say. And the professionals say that transgender people don't have a mental illness. It can't be "cured" with anti-psychotic drugs or therapy. The only cure is to change the physical to match the brain. That's what the professionals say.

link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

But Theology is biology.

It's no one's fault but a bunch of churchy morons.

But because of them, real humans, in the trenches, are stuck with solving for that bit, too.

Fun. Right? The sins of the father, and all that?

I'd answer your post, but I have no idea what you said.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Bigotry is a mental disorder.

Thusly, you can do your own research.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join