It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man is a man, and a woman is a woman....

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Maybe its because he doesn't have kids so cant understand how you want to teach them not keep them ignorant. People are so hung up on this bollocks.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Is having kids a pre-requisite for formulating an opinion on the issue?

Since y'all are so into science and facts, tell me what is the percentage of transgender people who have kids? If you feel like w woman and are a man...and you have a kid, does that mean you're a man who thinks he's a lesbian?

Seriously...having kids has nothing to do with it, what a pathetic and lame attempt at an insult.

I think I successfully refuted the accusation that I'm ignorant - I said it in jest, are you really this blind? Yeeeah, I'm the ignorant one. I said it several times...but you completely, most likely intentinally missed the part where I pointed out the title and subject of the thread and the fact that I replied in agreement with the OP...apparently some people simply refuse to accept that some people feel that way.

I wasnt' the one accusing another member of wanting kids to be suicidal...

As I pointed out in my last response...the title and content of the thread is quite clear...did you even watch the video presented by the OP? I did, the presenter questioned multiple people asking them absurd questions...what if I told you I was a 7 year old girl. Many appear to think this is acceptable...a man believing he is 7 years old is not normal or aceptable...nor is a man thinking he's a 6" something chinese woman.

I'm not the one who is being truly ignorant here...the truth is I do accept your right o have your views, think what you want and believe what you want and I'll do the same.

It's just too bad that my beliefs are different to yours.

Forget about it.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Look, let's be realistic here.

This is a thread started by a member called LambOfGod in a religion/theology forum where a video is presented for discussion.

And discussion was had by many, but it's unreasonable for you all to come ehre and start demanding people research this and that simply because they partook in this thread.

By that standard the author of the thread, or anyone else who is inclined to do so - can demand that you read and accept the bible. That not to do so makes you ignorant.

The truth is we're all ignorant to the things we don't regard as an important aspect of our lives. Nobody is truly devoid of ignorance, to believe that is ignorance.

Your values are different to mine, that's life. I responded to this thread like most and contributed, I'm not making concessions or demands here. I'm not interested in some study or poll or anecdotal evidence compiled by some institute or the other I've never even heard of.

Why would I? That wasn't what this thread was about, the OP asked for opinions and throughts on the video presented.

You have beens o uptight and aggressive in your attack and defense that you've ignored that completely, all the while I'm simply being submissive with regards to my responses, I'm not trying to be rude, insulting or start any conflict here.

I think some re-evaluation of the situation is in order...it's just a thread on ATS.

I'm bailing now so all the best.

My apologies - ServantOfTheLamb not LambOfGod ...

Now that was ignorance! I apologise to the OP...think I should flag this thread now.

Cheers.
edit on 30-4-2016 by samerulesapply because: Got the OP's ID wrong.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

The difference here is that I like to know what I am talking about. For example, I enjoy talking about religion with people of various faiths. So I study them. I learn about them. I do not speak on the subject of Catholic saints with a priest, for example, unless I understand the basic premise. If I do not understand, I either listen to the conversation or I ask questions.

I do not tell the priest that I think Michael Jackson is a saint and not even be bothered to read his bio on Wikipedia, which would tell me that he was clearly a musician.

This is a basic human behavior expectation and a valuable skill for... just about anything, really.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I fail to see how it was an insult. I would hope that if you did have kids you would see that keeping them ignorant to the world does them no favours. If you do have them you'll find that giving them knowledge doesn't infect them. My kids know about gay marriage, that isn't going to make them gay. Knowing about transgender people isn't going to make them transgender.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Amusing how you continue to dig yourself deeper and deeper after you said "forget about it" five times.

Rather than religion, faith and theology, this should have been posted in the hate, bigotry and prejudice forum because this post was only designed to incite in the first place and by the very first page people were talking about and disparaging transgender people. Some of us are just sick of that, of people perpetuating myths and ignorance and we are called to take a stand.

Some of us are more reliant on the facts of medicine and science than on belief in sky fairies and none of the opinions myself and others have expressed that do know about this contradict or fall outside the realm of professional research and understanding. Because you even refuse to acknowledge this body of evidence and spread factless opinions that are detrimental to the health and lives of transgender children and people, of course folks are going to call you on it.

Sorry if you can't see the issues here or why the things you've said in ignorance make folks upset. Sure, you can have an opinion, no one is saying you can't but don't get riled up when that opinion is harmful and detrimental to the lives of transgender children as documented and proven by research and science that contradicts your opinion. (that you refuse to even look at)

<< 9  10  11   >>

join