It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspartame linked to Leukaemia and Lymphoma

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
If you look at the incidence rate of these conditions you will find that it really hasn't gone up much.

Furthermore, the incidence of these conditions in places where Aspartame sweetener is NOT available is about the same as her in the US.

Any time you see alarming medical headlines, stop and look at the general population's health. Do you really see an increase in these things, or are they just making up something wild based on not understanding a study?

Aspartame usually does not cause cancer, but the amino acid is needed to feed cancers fast growth. So boosting it can increase cancer risk. That would be an indirect result of consumption. Same with too much aspartame in the diet if it can.t be metabolized properly, it can become toxic and weaken the immune response, so it does not directly cause cancer that way, only lessen our ability to fight cancer.

The main cancer causing agent in our food system in the sixties was DDT and it was removed but the half life on DDT is fifty years. So it is now pretty much lessened as a cancer risk. But cancer rates have gone way up since the sixties, even taken into consideration more people living longer and a huge decrease in cigarette smoking. Cancer deaths are declining, they have improved on the treatment of cancer. The rate is much higher on most cancers in the industrialized nations. The agencies keep showing proof of cancer death not rates. Here, dangle a carrot in front of this information so you do not see the rest.

There is so much BS in the coverup of cancer that it is getting ridiculous. There are now many sources of chemistry causing it, you can't even pinpoint it to anything. We changed everything so fast it is not possible to tell. One in three will now get cancer, that number is supposed to increase to one in two by 2020 from the cancer classes I just took.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Anything that is artificially made to have low or no calories is going to be bad of course. It is not rocket science. Regular old sugar has calories but it is natural. All that other crap might save you a few calories but it is reaming your body in other ways. It has always seemed pretty obvious to me this is not a decent tradeoff. Just chill with sweet foods.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Here's the study

: Although our findings preserve the possibility of a detrimental effect of a constituent of diet soda, such as aspartame, on select cancers, the inconsistent sex effects and occurrence of an apparent cancer risk in individuals who consume regular soda do not permit the ruling out of chance as an explanation.

This was in the abstract.

An article written by people who count on the fact that most people would not read the studies conducted. They can't differentiate between chance contraction of certain cancers, or whether aspartame was involved. Which means the conclusions reached by the article are dubious at best.

Aspartame is the most tested substance known to man. Don't believe me? Look at the PILES of evidence.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this story last night.

I was at a stoplight and a guy was trying to sell "hand polished river rocks". I didn't have cash to give him, but he gave me one anyway for good luck. I thought it was a nice gesture so asked if he wanted a few of the groceries I had just picked up, offered him a diet Red Bull. "Nah, that's got aspartame in it, I don't drink that sh$$".

Still have that rock in my car. Can't really explain it.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Study was retracted for being terrible quality:

www.skepticalraptor.com...

"Landmark study" indeed /sarcasm

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It just goes to show that people are swayed by headlines and don't even look at the references.
That's why (un)Naturalnews and Mercola et al do so well as they know people won't dig deeper.

The link the OP used as his main story is dated March 24 2016 so you would like to think that the information its providing would be current. The headline in it contains the word "New".
However, the most recent of the studies it uses for the article is from 2012.
That's 4 years ago.

Then you look at the content of the studies and it's plain as plain can be that none of the studies prove what is claimed.

So the conclusion is that whoever wrote this article is lying to you.
So why are they lying to you?
Scroll down to near the bottom of the article and there are a couple of links to enable you to buy the author's book.
What a surprise.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Aspartame should be avoided by all costs, it causes brain hemerages aswell.
just a #ty substitute for stuff without sugar.

anything that is sugar free or Diet something then stay away from it if it contains Aspartame

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

I guess you missed the last few posts completely destroying this article eh?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I don't need study to tell me if it is healthy. If it is artificially made and have zero usage to my health then it is crap.

And here on earth there are some people that don't put crap in their mouth.

They can do studyez measure thing but not for me. I don't need to put crap in my mouth to satisfy my brain. My brain seeks real food!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
I don't need study to tell me if it is healthy. If it is artificially made and have zero usage to my health then it is crap.

They can do studyez measure thing but not for me. I don't need to put crap in my mouth to satisfy my brain. My brain seeks real food!!!

What about instead of using food to satisfy your brain you took to learning?
I find that satisfies my brain far more than any food does.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I guess they avoid anything which disproves their beliefs.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I don't need study to tell me if it is healthy.

"I don't need no stinkin' evidence!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

are you feeling ok mate? anything that is man created in labs is bad for you-
lets say it dont have aspartame in Diet coke for example the rest of the ingredients are terrible for you.

i find it funny when people say smoking is bad for your health when they are downing coke and eating McDonalds.
whether it causes brain hemerages or not it is still most certainly not good for you - fact!
its called common sense and logic - i dont need need a study to tell me anything unless im really uncertain about something.

anything out of a can, tin or pack that goes in a oven or made in a factory is no good at all. Fact!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

anything that is man created in labs is bad for you

Said like a true scientific illiterate.

i find it funny when people say smoking is bad for your health when they are downing coke and eating McDonalds.

I'm not saying those things are particularly healthy for you. With regard to smoking, cigarettes have been long proven to have adverse health effects, whereas aspartame has not.

whether it causes brain hemerages or not it is still most certainly not good for you - fact

It is incredibly important to have EVIDENCE of claims made. Some kind of discovery that is PROVEN. Not your supposition. That isn't a fact. It is an inference made based on your ignorant and hyperbolic view of what goes on in a lab.

its called common sense and logic

Where is your premise applying either? Especially since it is painfully obvious that you are beginning your argument from a position of ignorance. Willful ignorance at that:

i dont need need a study to tell me anything unless im really uncertain about something.

You should stop being so "certain" of things and learn to read a peer reviewed paper.

anything out of a can, tin or pack that goes in a oven or made in a factory is no good at all. Fact!

More hyperbole.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

again its common-sense, thanks for wasting you time writing back

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

again its common-sense, thanks for wasting you time writing back

It's never a waste of time defending sound science from willful ignorance.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

look if you want to talk science

aspartame is a "Artificial Sweeter~" the key word there is Artificial"

anything Artificial is not natural or good in anyway for you. this is where common sense comes in!

use the wrong fuel in your car it brakes down, so why put wrong food into your body.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

aspartame is a "Artificial Sweeter~" the key word there is Artificial" anything Artificial is not natural or good in anyway for you

Your assertion isn't based on anything but your opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

What about instead of using food to satisfy your brain you took to learning?
I find that satisfies my brain far more than any food does.

I dont satisfy my brain, my brain satisfy me.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Do people ask them self why are there aditived and artificial sweeteners?

Or you just don't care?

But I will tell you, it is not for your health. It is not for your satisfaction. It is because you have that green paper in your pocket and corporation know the formula how to transfer that green paper from your pocket to their bank.

That is main purpose of artificial sweetener, nothing else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join