It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midnight Special

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just saw this today and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Give it a shot if you are a scifi movie junkie looking for a fix.

IMBD
A father and son go on the run, pursued by the government and a cult drawn to the child's special powers.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
Thanks for the heads up.

I have seen this on a couple of movie sites and was debating about it.

I will give it a go later tonight.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I liked it but of the 2 films I've watched by the same director and I liked them both, Jeff Nichols is really good at confusing movies which are heavily character driven as opposed to entirely plot driven

You should check out Take Shelter by the same director/writer

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Thanks I will check take shelter. I thought the actors were great playing their character in midnight special.

cj6

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
You should check out Take Shelter by the same director/writer

Take Shelter was amazing! I'm still thinking about that ending till this day. I'll definitely check out Midnight Special. I hope it's just as good as Take Shelter

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

a reply to: cj6

Just watched Take Shelter and yeah that was a very good movie. Great Bad Good Ending, LOL.

Michael Shannon is an awesome actor and was in Midnight Special as well. I liked both movie, but I think Midnight Special was a little better.

Take Shelter felt like it took a little too long to develop where Midnight Special kept you a little more involved through out the movie.

Thanks again

edit on 50430America/ChicagoWed, 27 Apr 2016 07:50:40 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

No problem, yeah Shannon is one of my favourite actors, very convincing in all his roles. Another fave that Shannon is in is The Iceman

The story of Richard Kuklinski, the notorious contract killer and family man. When finally arrested in 1986, neither his wife nor daughters have any clue about his real profession.

Did you notice at the end of Midnight Special, Shannon's character eyes begin to glow and there's the sound of it ? I like those kind of open ended movies where the viewers gets to decide the ending, for me it seems he has got the ability of the "beings", just like Take Shelter nobody really knows if the ending is another one of his visions or is actually real.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Yeah Iceman was really good too and he was awesome in it.

The open ended movies are bitter sweat for me. I enjoy them and it plays of your imagination but really leaves you craving for a sequel.

Another movie that I enjoyed which left you craving for a sequel was Dark Skies. If you haven't seen it I recommend it.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yep Dark Skies was great.

One thing though I wish some of these movies would get a sequel to offer closure, I enjoy trying to decide what the end actually means but I'd much rather just have the director/writer tell me with a sequel as it's their story so I'd like to know how they want it told. It's kind of on the lazy side to say "make up your own mind how it ends" not saying it's a bad kind of lazyness but I like closure

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I saw it a couple Saturdays ago after work, with a friend, I was really looking forward to it, as I thought the trailer was interesting and promising something different from the usual Hollywood sci-fi.
Unfortunately, I was really tired from work and nodded off a couple of times throughout, and this movie taking its time it didn't help.
But I enjoyed it overall, and need to see it again in a proper state of mind.
I liked the structure even if only that it ignored the conventional same old Hollywood set pieces and explosions and gave time to explore the characters
rather than focusing on the big effects and events.

top topics

join