It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY judge: Trump University case will to go to trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

New York County Supreme Court Judge Cynthia Kern made the decision at a hearing Tuesday, though it remains unclear whether the case will be weighed at a jury trial – which is what Trump’s team is seeking. Trump attorney Jeffrey Goldman said it’s possible the trial could be held this fall, and Trump could testify.

Well, looks Hillary isn't the one who is in trouble this election cycle. Will she be indicted? God I hope so but now Trump has entered the game with his fraudulent "university" headed to court. What a poop show this election is and how awesome it will be if both of them are sitting in a courtroom before November!

Two elitist in hot water!
edit on 26-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Good it should go to trial. When the hell is he going to release his tax returns? I thought they had to do that? He keeps using the excuse of how "conpkicated" his tax returns are but really it's nothing more than he doesn't want people looking into them. I'm sure they would be revealing.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

He's never going to because that's his biggest weakness, how much money he actually has versus how much he claims to have.

When he was roasted on Comedy Central that was the one thing they couldn't make fun of, how much money he has.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I suppose we will just neglect to mention that Trump is currently being audited, and that from the beginning he said he will take the case to trial instead of settling because he knows he will win.

Trump campaign releases letter confirming IRS audit

edit on 26-4-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Of course he says he thinks he can win the guy doesn't think he can lose at anything. We will see what happens in court. It's funny how people are defending him when he swindled people out of their savings.

Also he made a big deal of Kasich's eating habits calling them disgusting. He even said "do you want a president that eats like that?". So according to trump taking big bites of a pancake is disgusting but calling women horrible names like "Fat pig" is no big deal. Hypocrisy at its best.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I remember that video when he first posted it. You would think a billionaire can afford an actual microphone. Anyway, Trump has settled out of court with lawsuits in the past he just lies and says that he doesn't settle out of court but I don't expect a Trump supporter to understand that they support a liar.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Let's not forget that his ex wife Ivana had to sign a gag order as part of their divorce settlement. If the man has nothing to hide why silence those who knew him best.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Everyone does know if a case just keeps being pushed by the prosecution , the Judge will allow a court case. Just to teach that very same prosecution a judicial lesson. Strange folks these Judges. Have a mischievous , vengeful side to them. Sometimes.

edit on 4/27/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Everyone does know if a case just keeps being pushed by the prosecution , the Judge will allow a court case. Just to teach that very same prosecution a judicial lesson. Strange folks these Judges. Have a mischievous , vengeful side to them. Sometimes.

The Trump case has no "prosecution". It is a civil case. There is a plaintiff but no prosecution. And the system is actually tilted a little toward NOT allowing a trial date. The judge has numerous options to derail a civil case. There are dismissals for reasons of jurisdiction, venue, failure to state a claim (Rule 12), failure to join, limitation of action by statute, waiver, accord and satisfaction, and a number of others. And then, even if you survive these reasons for dismissal, thee is the motion for summary judgement to overcome. And judges are just as lazy as any other human. They want, above almost everything else, to clear their docket. You don't clear your docket by assigning a trial date

new topics

top topics

join