It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas budget problems cool enthusiasm for tax cuts in states, Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Proof conservative dogma of kissing the rear end of the rich and cutting their taxes doesn’t work.

In Louisiana, Bobby Jindal did the same thing and ruined his state

Christie as well in NJ.

Imagine a conservative the damage they would do to the country.

Well Bush and his conservative government already did and almost ruined the world economy.

SO MUCH FOR CONSEVATIVE POLICIES

THEY ARE LETHAL

But these fools will still go on and do it and blame someone else for the catastrophe they cause

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Thank You, introvert.
Thank you. I think I already got snarky enough that no one will hear me any more on the thread. I appreciate you coming along to class it up. Sincerely. (Sometimes I forget.)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sounds like Kansas needs to wait for the left-over Democrat graft to die off.

I bet they're still stealing millions and nobody can stop it.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: buster2010

Taxes aren't 'income' they are Government sponsored theft. Income is something you earn. Government has no income only money they steal from the people.

When was the last time you built an interstate highway? When did you house and train people to defend this nation? The people of this nation get many services from the government and that costs money. If you want to enjoy everything this nation has to offer then you have to pay for it.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

What's the financial status of Chicago? What states aren't having budget shortfalls?

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Your partisanship and hatred towards Republicans and your lack of thought to think how many Democrat run states and cities that are having HUGE budget shortfalls is telling!

"Neener Neener"?

How old are you?

You can’t compare the two

You’re conservative policies FAILED AS THEY ALWAYS WILL

And is bringing MISERTY to the people of Kansas

Its folly to deny it

Conservatives always deflect reality by blaming others for their absurd policies

Bobby Jindal did the same in Louisiana

He got in office with a budget surplus and cut taxes and now there is a deficit

FAILURE!

Kansas is a catastrophe by this ignorant governor now the children are paying for it

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That's what I'm seein'! In a way, when I detach myself from the prospects of this country and think about the actual facts objectively, it's been interesting living here while the SHTF, and meanwhile next door in Colorado things are as cool as they can be! I lived in Colorado in the mid 80s....that is where I finished adolescence - in Summit County - (Breckenridge, Frisco, Dillon, Silverthorne, Copper, Keystone, A-Basin, Loveland) and came back to stupid Kansas when I was 27 to get married to a young man from here.

The only reason we came back is because he was on academic probation and had to go back to KU to finish his degree....
so, back we came. I wanted to stay there.

Well, then we had two kids. But the oldest (now 27) lives out there in Denver!! YAY!!! So - that's cool.

Anyway - I'm going there as soon as it works out that way, and say goodbye to this place. A few years out, probably...but getting prepared.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have no idea what you are talking about, xuen.

Was there something you'd like to say? Can you be a bit more eloquent and/or elucidatory?

Elaborate a bit? Expound? Explain?

edit on 4/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: seeker1963

We're not TALKING ABOUT other states and other methods. We're talking about Kansas. You can keep deflecting and sneering all you like. The facts are the facts.

I live here. I was born in Chicago. I wish I lived in Colorado still (the place I went after I finally got away from here).....and I plan to return there.

ANyway - desist with the ad hominems. What is your opinion about KANSAS's experiment that our Dominionist Republican Governor (who is at our state-level what Ted Cruz wants to be for the nation) tried?

It is a failure.
Oh - sorry, does that disrupt your cognition? Does it cause dissonance for you? Yes indeedy - Kansas tried it - it has failed.
Simple math.

Colorado tried legal pot. It has succeeded. Windfall surpluses. Simple math.

The Republicans failed! I am not arguing that, but you are the one who said,

Don't get screwed. Don't vote Republican.

You made it about partisan politics and I did nothing more than question your motive!

Seriously, between the people being screwed over by both parties if condoms were the solution we would have a serious medical epidemic!

I find many faults with both parties and their tactics to control! Do you?

Look REALITY is that Republicans advocate these non workable, foolish ideas of cutting to many taxes…THEY NEVER WORK.

The dems are just a better on this issue. It’s a clear fact

You people always bring up “partisan” this or that; it’s not partisan if one party does foolish things and ruins it for everybody

So you don’t like “partisan” politics so therefore you keep voting for things that don’t work because of a political label

That, imo, is the height of folly

Vote ISSUES not labels

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Thank You, introvert.
Thank you. I think I already got snarky enough that no one will hear me any more on the thread. I appreciate you coming along to class it up. Sincerely. (Sometimes I forget.)

We all have our moments.

If we are going to be reasonable adults and actually discuss what happened in Kansas, or Chicago for example, we have to recognize when something is wrong and when something doesn't work.

What the Republicans did in Kansas did not work. What the Republicans did in Kansas is what many Republicans would like to happen in other states, or the Federal budget.

So what advantage is their to voting for a Republican?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

What the Republicans did in Kansas did not work. What the Republicans did in Kansas is what many Republicans would like to happen in other states, or the Federal budget.

So what advantage is their to voting for a Republican?

EXACTLY!!

(sheesh - send me a invoice, I'm owing you a couple now....this is exactly what I wanted to say.... maybe I should have waited to cool off from the rush I got when I saw the headline before posting...then again, we are in a tornado watch, and all jumpy....)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Some people’s minds are just so attached to DOGMA not reality

Its actually they who are attached to politics and labels.

Good luck in that now backward state

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Must be some left-over deficits and boondoggles from governors past...

Kansas state budget (2008–09)

Kansas, like many other states, is facing a $186 million gap for fiscal year 2009 and according to early estimates approximately $1 billion deficit for fiscal year 2010. However, more recent estimates place FY 2010's shortfall at $654 million.

Governor Kathleen Sebelius recommended $600 million in budget cuts for FY 2010 which includes eliminating programs, closing facilities, freezing new hires, and reducing spending. However, in light of the federal economic stimulus package Sebelius amended her recommended budget to "prevent harm" to the state.

corruption is hard to get rid of.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Just like in Detroit where CONSERVATIVE policies are responsible for thousands of poor children now with incurable lead poison in their system FOR LIFE.

CONSERVATIVES....YOU’RE JUST WRONG!

I hope the country realizes it before CONSERVATIVE policies do too much damage

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I, a Progressive admit when liberal policies fail

I am the most ardent critic of Obama’s lousy policy against ISIS

I am one of the most ardent critics of liberal policies in Chicago in some regard

The conservatives NEVER admit when their dogma doesn’t work

So who is really attached to partisan politics?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It is I that still owes you and I have not forgotten about that. Still working on it.

Edit:

Be safe. Hope the weather passes by with no damage.

edit on 26-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Blowbacks plan has been a complete GOP inspired failure in Kansas. Just as voodoo or trickles down economics has always been a failure. So the thing to do is to blame Obama or liberals like the governor of Kansas has done.

The success in Colorado on the other hand has been a huge democrat inspired success story.

In the mean time republicans are working on religious freedoms bills.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
its weird, i don't see anyone disputing the kansas experiment was an unmitigated disaster

so lets move forward that everyone agreess the republican economic wet dream really is a nightmare

cool, we settled that

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
What also works is not cutting off their source of income.

Yes, let's continue the Robbin Hood garbage until we're all tax slaves living the good life of serfs.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

After two world wars, Korea, Viet Nam, and the long lasting ones in Afghan and Iraq. You know, for democracy.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah not taxing industry or corporations or the wealthy makes us free....... Btw the Picard isn't conservative or right wing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join