It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

102 inch TV!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Samsung just released the big news at the Consumer Electronics Show 2005!!!!
The 102 inch plasma screen! electronics.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Technically, this TV is just a prototype. LG had competing posters at the event indicating that they still offer the 'largest TV you can buy now.'

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
yeah but still it is tight!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Holy hell. Time to trade in my 65" I guess. Thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Man thats crazy I remember last year the released a 80'' Plasma TV and it cost $45,000. This one going to cost like $60-$80K I bet
The picture in picture would be bigger then some people's TVs.

I wonder whos going to be the first rapper to have one of these in his crib. rolling on 26s'' with 102'' up in the house

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
bling bling! :-)

If I had the money I'd buy one of those right now. There is a lower cost alternative. You can get HDTV conference room projectors for a few grand. Also you can get a 100+ inch hd screen. For under $5k you can have your own movie theater in the house. I think you can get it for around $4k actually. If I had the room in this place I'd have the projector ceiling mounted already.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
bling bling! :-)

If I had the money I'd buy one of those right now. There is a lower cost alternative. You can get HDTV conference room projectors for a few grand. Also you can get a 100+ inch hd screen. For under $5k you can have your own movie theater in the house. I think you can get it for around $4k actually. If I had the room in this place I'd have the projector ceiling mounted already.

Links?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is a good start. $3800 and the range is 30" to 300"

www.newegg.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If i had the money i would buy the 102 inch too
but yeah bling bling

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
its nice, but honestly even if I was a millionaire i wouldn't spend that much on a tv. I currently have a Sony 51 inch widescreen HD, and I dont see me getting rid of it anytime soon. I wouldn't ever buy a front projection tv because of its utterly garbage in a room with lights on. One of my favorite new fangled things is ambeit lighting (I think its called that), which has LED's around the whole tv to have the color of your tv show glowing nicelyon your wall.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
dude thats messed up if u have 125 million dollars u wouldn't pay 80 thousand for a pimped put tv.... bling bling lol

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'd buy one. That is, if I really had the need for one, and $80k.

Not that I don't want one, though.
I presently own a 23" Japanese '91 Toshiba and I absolutely hate it. But I can't afford anything better at the moment because of the monster jump in natural gas prices during cold spells. Actually it's about -15°F outside now, -35° with the windchill, and tomorrow is going to be even worse. Ya gotta love Wisconsin!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I used to work for an electronics company a while back and every so often we had to visit some of the companies that we did work for.
One of those companies was Panasonic and they had a sort of showroom with prototype products. One of them was a 90 inch flat panal plasma TV. The biggest bloody TV id ever seen. The guy who showed us around said that it wouldnt be going into production because they were having trouble with picture clarity and that you would need a second mortgage to buy one. But this new Samsung one is amazing, how much would one of those go for do you think?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
yeah it is amazing that we have come this far. I remember my grandmas 20 inch but the whole tv was like 50 inches cause of the wood sides and that stupid stuff!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I dont even have the ability to work my vcr cable and dvd all at one time now there trying to change the tvs again 30 inch was big enough

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
hhahhhahahahah well whenever new tech comes u gotta embrace it!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
(drool) Oh my good lord...

Screw saving up for a house. With a TV like that, I could just rent a video of someone else's house and get the same effect!

I could give a tour of our fantasy house without ever moving my feet.

"Yes, over here is our personal oak bar with marble top..." (click)
"...and over here is our master bathroom complete with a fountain, hot tub, and a mini bar..." (click)
"...and over here is our Mr. Miyagi-style back yard, with decks of hand-carved cedar, and the outdoor bar..." (click)
"...and this is our personal Death Star, complete with a batallion of Star Destroyers--"

"--no sweetie, that's Star Wars."

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
lmao yeah u could if u wanted.... but i won the lotto i would definatly buy this piece of heaven

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
This is a good start. $3800 and the range is 30" to 300"

www.newegg.com...

Our Sams club sells two projectors alone for approx 1200.00 so you could have a pretty darn good home theater system for around 3k.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I was just thinking about how much this TV must weigh. I moved a 42 inch Plasma TV and the thing must have weighed like 70 lbs much heavier then I thought.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join