It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family of 8 murdered in rural Ohio with no leads or witnesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
CBSNEWS.COM with video

CNN.COM with video

So 8 members of the Rhoden family including a 16 year old are murdered in their homes in several locations in rural Pike County Ohio. No leads or witness and police are not saying much of anything in regards to clues. Approximately $500,000 of marijuana and/or growing equipment is discovered at multiple locations. In this particular area of Ohio their have been several raids on properties growing marijuana with links to Mexican Cartels. There is also apparently a threat that was made via Facebook at one of the slain members of the Rhoden family that was or is being investigated.

This just tragic and definitely indicative of some sort of organized crime hit squad, just the cold blooded ruthless efficiency of it and across several locations possibly simultaneously. I've always wondered how creepy it would be living out in rural areas where someone could just creep up in numbers on your location and overwhelm you by surprise. I've read an article in a gun magazine that talked about how traveling criminals would stalk farmers out in remote locations and ambush them in their homes and rob them and hole up for a while. This was definitely a hit though and exactly the kind orchestrated by we know who. They did leave an infant and another small child alive though which is a sign of a professional, they didn't kill the kids because they didn't have to because they are too young to be a cognitive witness.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is just awful. However I am actually shocked the infant and other child were left alive. If this is connected to the cartels I figured they would have killed them all regardless of the witness aspect. The cartels are evil simply put. Truly awful. Anybody growing marijuana like this should do so in a fully legalized state. Get the permits and all that jazz. Much less of a target that way. I hope the surviving children live full lives and never even find out about this.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

They apparently found 3 marijuana grow operations at some of the locations, wonder if that's connected to it

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Whoa.
Maybe if Ohio and the fed would just decriminalize we wouldn't have the Mexican Cartel that far north??
Seriously what the hell?
If there is truth to the cartel thing over cannabis than call me Shirley.
Insanity.

Either way very sad.
I never followed up but I remember a recent thread about another slain family in maybe Tennessee?
Probably not connected.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The whole thing stinks, and it isn't the pot.
And wasn't there 3 babies that were left alive?

I have to wonder, if it was the cartel, don't they usually like to "send a message" and do they really care about sparing babies?

It sure seems to be "professional". Like you would read about in a magazine.

Will be interesting to see what comes from this.
Sympathy for the remaining family. And those poor babies.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There is a lot of info in this thread made when it first happened.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

(post by RainbowPhoenix removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Legalize.

These tragedies will stop.

I know from someone who knows someone that the cartels do not like competition

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: stosh64

I checked and didn't see anything but hey thanks for the smug sarcastic condescending redirect buddy

]

It is funny how typed words can be so misconstrued

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Post your thoughts in the ongoing thread locate

HERE

Closed

new topics

top topics

join