It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

AKA....the spark of life

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gdelirium454
a reply to: FamCore

This is how religious individuals reason everything. I can't explain it, therefore it must be God. How about we don't know yet, but we will try to find out before jumping to a conclusion of supernatural being.

I'm not religious at all...but allow me to provide a thought. You are correct that many will jump to "God" when there is something we can't readily explain. And you are right that instead of jumping the gun, if we continue to examine the event, we will eventually find the scientific explanation. And I agree with you.

But...it is entirely possible that an alien race exists in a different dimension that intersects with Earth. A lot of scientists believe there are other dimensions. And this possible alien race may have been around for eons and may have visited Earth. Their leader at some time may have come here also and may have interacted with humans...or created them. This omnipotent individual could be the historic representation for "God" with our limited understanding at the time.

So...without going on forever here, why do you seem to dismiss people jumping to "God" when "God" can be viewed as no different than this event? If these people should wait for a scientific explanation for this event, but they say it could be "God" and the scientific explanation for "God" could be something like I described...aren't they already doing what you suggest they are not? Believing there is a scientific explanation that may be "God"?
edit on 4/29/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Pretty boring existence to just be saying offhand, "oh, that's just this" and "that's just that" "no biggie"

"don't make too much of it" "nothing to see here"

The whole universe is getting to be just 1 big yawn, right?

Heh, I don't know. I guess it depends your stakes. If you don't care then you don't care.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Or, it could be the flash of light occurs only upon fertilizations spark of life.

I hope this is so.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

There isn't really much to support that outside of people just wanting it to be that.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Or, it could be the flash of light occurs only upon fertilizations spark of life.

I hope this is so.

....except for the fact that the sperm was always alive and the egg was also alive. So, "life" didn't start upon fertilization.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ah.

Assuming photography of this common chemical reaction actually DOES capture the blessed moment when a holy Soul incarnates and becomes a Human by God's Will ... one wonders why this God then kills and flushes around 50% of all such so-called Blessed Events within a few days or a few weeks ...

... I mean, I know that God works in mysterious ways, but if these little miracles are human, why does God kill half of them?

For fun?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
ETA: found the thread to quote it.

He's only assuring that the strongest survive (in line with the way He organizes all the rest of biology).

So it is just about making sure only the strongest survive..

edit on thFri, 29 Apr 2016 20:44:22 -0500America/Chicago420162280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thFri, 29 Apr 2016 20:45:59 -0500America/Chicago420165980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I hope this is so.

I dont understand why this is so difficult for some to understand. We actually know a whole lot about fertilization and what happens when a sperm enters an egg. In fact there is a whole field of science that focuses only on this. People need to maybe get off this site and open up a book or attend a class taught by someone well versed in this science field. Stop speculating that it must be this religious event...stop trying to bias the explanation with beliefs not facts. Animals don't have religion and I'll be damned if it doesn't happen this same way to nearly every mammal on earth. Educate yourselves, find the gaps in understanding, and research these some more. And then see if you still feel the need to try to explain something as simple as egg fertilization using religion and the holy bible.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Absolutely fascinating!

Another playground for Science and Spirituality to butt heads on. The true nature of the light discharge just has to be something amazing.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Gryphon66
ETA: found the thread to quote it.

He's only assuring that the strongest survive (in line with the way He organizes all the rest of biology).

So it is just about making sure only the strongest survive..

... but ... uh ... didn't He decide to bless each and every moment of Incarnation? Why don't he make us 100% strong?

I mean, that's almost like creating rules He knew would be broken by humans, and then requiring a blood sacrifice to make up for those sins ... sounds like a rigged game to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Absolutely fascinating!

Another playground for Science and Spirituality to butt heads on. The true nature of the light discharge just has to be something amazing.

It isn't from what I gather. Just standard photon emission when electrons do things. The explanation is on page 1 I think. Something to do with zinc.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dJbdJb
Been saying this for years but it is the big bang. A new universe is born.
That is the only way the big bang theory makes sense. The universe is fractal.

Ive been saying many things for years...doesn't make em remotely true

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

That's a shame.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, how did we capture this "miracle"?

Was it using scientific instruments, technological know-how, and rational understanding of how the Universe actually works?

.... or did these photos/images/videos spontaneously appear as the result of prayer, hymn-singing, or incense-burning?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

right, it moves swiftly up and down the spine - bluish in color like a arc of lightning. That's why anyone who breaks his/her spine can't continue to live. If you are fortunate, you can catch a glimpse of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I hope this is so.

....except for the fact that the sperm was always alive and the egg was also alive. So, "life" didn't start upon fertilization.

Now now ... don't go muddying up this profound example of blind beliefs with silly scientific facts ...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Rextiberius

I know two people who have broken their spine who...shock! are still alive many years later.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

That's a shame.

I know. A REAL shame. It would have been my gift to the world

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I hope this is so.

Question: Is there any scientific explanation you would accept that proves that its just basic, well understood physics and chemistry at play here rather than something divine?

Just a friendly honest question, please dont take it as an attack.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join