It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I haven't looked through the whole thread.

I was just thinking, what if that flash is The big Bang, the bang that creates Universes, the infinity is everywhere.

When the egg and the sperm touch, a universe is created, a universe that is the body and expand as you grow.
edit on 30-4-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think the chemical reaction explaining this fluorescence has been explained plenty. If the easy-to-sway of the board want to claim it's evidence of souls, they then MUST concede animals also have them, hands down, as this exact same thing has been witnessed with animals' baby-making goods before. Or it could be said that we're not that speshul and this is just a chemical reaction doing it's thing.

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's just a cop out for being unable to answer a question. Almost like the god of the gaps argument. "Science can't explain it, but I witnessed something. Spiritual!"

You are the one hiding behind "science". "We" witnessed it together. A return echo is real world. I said explain it, not ridicule it.

You heard someone else's dog's bark whether you want to admit it or not. I can also try to claim that my dead cat followed me for 1500 miles across the country to meow at me, but turns out, it was the neighbor's outdoor cat, not my dead cat. They just had a virtually identical meow.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I haven't looked through the whole thread.

I was just thinking, what if that flash is The big Bang, the bang that creates Universes, the infinity is everywhere.

When the egg and the sperm touch, a universe is created, a universe that is the body and expand as you grow.

Well.. It could be said for the vast colonies of bacteria that occupy your body and your brain. You are indeed the Universe.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

The body is infinite like everything else, you could zoom in forever and ever anywhere on your body, and there would always be something to look at, bacteria would be universe in the universe as they too are infinite.

Time slowing down the smaller it gets, the further you go inside, our body age is only our time perception, it could be gazillions of years old.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: charlyv
Absolutely fascinating!

Another playground for Science and Spirituality to butt heads on. The true nature of the light discharge just has to be something amazing.

It isn't from what I gather. Just standard photon emission when electrons do things. The explanation is on page 1 I think. Something to do with zinc.

I get that, however that is the science part. Illumination from electromagnetic interaction is something that science can deal with, it is the reason it occurs in the fertilization process that is the fascinating part. What goes on in that transfer of energy?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Actually sperm and ovum independenent of one another cannot grow up and pay taxes and as such, cannot be considered life.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

There's actually quite a bit of life on planet Earth that doesn't pay taxes and such.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The sperm crashes into the egg, the uterus acts like a Hadron collider, they crash together and create dark matter. OR it could be the allspark and the kid is going to be a decepticon ?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Do you smoke in bed ?
" I don't know, I've never looked".

Maybe there are also sparks during other occasions.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Good question. Excellent food for thought. Although i remember in a Law class in college that according to the professor, The supreme Court in the case "Roe vs Wade," when the court did in fact look at the scriptures of the Bible before their decision... stating abortion does not terminate a human life. Under their reasoning the soul does not enter the fetus until a specific moment in the pregnancy. According to their research, that moment is called the "quickening." Prior to the quickening the fetus is not a human being. It has no consciousness and feels no sensations. It's merely a growth dependent on the host to survive.

That is not my opinion so don't draw the claws. It's just food for thought. Besides, you don't want my opinion. I'm just a mere dribble in the big cluster-f*#k of worldly intercourse.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Do you smoke in bed ?
" I don't know, I've never looked".

Maybe there are also sparks during other occasions.

The actual joke goes "Do you smoke after sex?"

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I think the chemical reaction explaining this fluorescence has been explained plenty. If the easy-to-sway of the board want to claim it's evidence of souls, they then MUST concede animals also have them, hands down, as this exact same thing has been witnessed with animals' baby-making goods before. Or it could be said that we're not that speshul and this is just a chemical reaction doing it's thing.

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's just a cop out for being unable to answer a question. Almost like the god of the gaps argument. "Science can't explain it, but I witnessed something. Spiritual!"

You are the one hiding behind "science". "We" witnessed it together. A return echo is real world. I said explain it, not ridicule it.

You heard someone else's dog's bark whether you want to admit it or not. I can also try to claim that my dead cat followed me for 1500 miles across the country to meow at me, but turns out, it was the neighbor's outdoor cat, not my dead cat. They just had a virtually identical meow.

At that time, our little dachshund was the only pet on the block. I know her bark, the way you know the sound of your kids shouting. The return echo had the same period of delay as when she used to bark from the deck. If it had been from any other source the delay would have been different. Geez, can't people read? HER bark CAME FROM our deck[/].

But thanks for accusing me of lying, like you know me from the person next to you in the grocery checkout. That says a lot about your presumptive nature. I wouldn't have vetted this story if I hadn't turned it over in my mind a hundred times. Believe me I tried to give it some other explanation.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

The Big Bang - that's fission, no?

It's perhaps not the same as that when sperm enters the egg and fertilizes it ------ > that's fusion, and not fission which involves the opposite reaction as in Big Bang. What do you say?
edit on Mayam16 11 20 by Rextiberius because: amendments

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

The entire universe is actually within you and not outside. This understanding, perception, etc., cannot be had unless one delves deep within via meditation. There are people who have - I am not one of them, perhaps not yet :-)

It is Maya that creates the illusion that one is the body-mind complex and that the objective world is outside the body-mind complex. Once you realize your true identity, it is over for you - you've graduated and need not return to earth any more!
edit on Mayam16 11 20 by Rextiberius because: corrections

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Thanks for pointing out the inaccurate info. I was recalling from the top of my head when I jotted it down in the post. I went to check it out a few minutes ago, and also reread the relevant text that I read many years ago. Here is the passage:

Question: "Baba, is it true that the soul resides between the eyebrows , in the middle of the forehead?"

SSS Baba: "No, no … the spot is recommended as a point to concentrate during meditation. It is only one point, for the soul is everywhere in the body, in each limb. A man lives on even when he loses his hands or feet, the soul does not die with each limb. The soul is like a flash of lightning in the spinal column. It is called sushumna naadi. Between the ninth and the twelve vertebrae, it is very sensitive and moves in curves like flashes of lightning. That is why no one can survive without a spine. The soul is present in every part of the body.and is not fixed to any one area. But this spinal area is very sensitive."

The above clarification should dispel the confusion caused between "broken spine" and "absence of a spine", two separate issues. I've actually seen the blue-colored flash of lightning moving up and down the spinal column once, while I was quietly resting. I guess I was having an out-of-body experience. The flash was there and the movement was rapid and curve like. I didn't tell anyone about the experience but one day I came across the text just copied above and decided to type it out and to archive it. So there you are. I am glad that I can find and reread the same passage to brush up my rusty memory!

edit on Mayam16 11 20 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rextiberius

Indeed.. My very presence collapse the wave function. Without me the Universe does not exist.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Let's read the official report from Northwestern to clear up a couple of things:

Radiant Zinc Fireworks Reveal Quality of Human Egg

There are a couple of things that the many, many news reports didn't mention.
First is that this isn't actually from fertilization. The observation came from eggs having enzymes from sperm being inserted into the egg.
No actual fertilization occurred, no embryo was produced.
This is due to producing embryos for scientific research is illegal.
The second issue is something that every single paper left out, and is pretty important:
These flashes don't occur in normal conception.

As the zinc is released from the egg, it binds to small molecule probes, which emit light in fluorescence microscopy experiments. Thus the rapid zinc release can be followed as a flash of light that appears as a spark.

These molecule probes are inserted into the egg. It's in the paper, which is (of bloody freaking course) behind a paywall.
But if you were to simply take a sperm sample and an egg and combine them under a microscope there'd be no visible flash.
Keep in mind, IVF is new but not so new that actual flashes of light from producing embryos wouldn't be noticed.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I didn't accuse you of lying. If anything, you're in denial about other possibilities. You had the only pet on the block, as far as you know. There could well be someone else with another small dog you never see, for whatever reason (dog-sitting, or quite possibly a renter hiding a non-approved dog in the house) I didn't hear my dead ol' fur boy in the kitchen -- I heard the neighbor's outdoor cat on our side steps. You certainly could have heard your dog, but it's much more likely you just heard someone's dog nearby.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: intrptr

I didn't accuse you of lying. If anything, you're in denial about other possibilities. You had the only pet on the block, as far as you know. There could well be someone else with another small dog you never see, for whatever reason (dog-sitting, or quite possibly a renter hiding a non-approved dog in the house) I didn't hear my dead ol' fur boy in the kitchen -- I heard the neighbor's outdoor cat on our side steps. You certainly could have heard your dog, but it's much more likely you just heard someone's dog nearby.

No, its not. Dog owners know each others pets, they bark to each other and meet while walking. The echo is only possible form that fixed pint on the deck to the far wall and back. No other "hidden dog'"could have made that same echo occur form anywhere but on our deck. Thats the whole point, something which you continue to ignore because you can't either understand the physics or it doesn't agree with your own agenda that animals don't have spirits…?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Human life begins in bright flash of light as a sperm meets an egg, scientists have shown for the first time, after capturing the astonishing ‘fireworks’ on film. An explosion of tiny sparks erupts from the egg at the exact moment of conception.

Scientists had seen the phenomenon occur in other animals but it is the first time is has been also shown to happen in humans.

I put this under Origins and Creationism because the flash reminds me of possibly the life spark or soul incarnating. Your thoughts ATS?

iTruthSeeker

Um, it's a chemical reaction from the enzymes in sperm with the Zinc in the egg, the flash is Zinc breaking down.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join