It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought project on the devil and the bible.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers, I have a question I have asked some of my friends and family and they seemed to enjoy talking about it so I thought I bring it to you guys. This is not something I believe to be true but it is something I think, should be thought about. First I need to list out a few things to organize this thread so I dont ramble on in many run on sentances and broken paragraphs.

1st - Lets assume all/most of what is written in the bible is true.
2nd - In the Bible, it states that the works of the Bible is the work of God and cannot become corrupt.
3rd - We know this isnt true, all you need to do is look at the history of the KJV.
4th - Satan is the ultimate corruptor, and his goal is to corrupt as many of us as he can.

OK now that I got that out of the way, If I were Satan, ultimate evil, corruptor of man I think I would start at the source. The Bible itself, if corrupted would be the ultimate evil. What better way to mess up Gods plans than to change what is thought to be his word, his commands for everything we are supposed to do.

Just to clarify, I do not truly count myself a believer, mostly because I question too many things and I cannot blindly follow a 2000+ year old set of books that may or may not be the written word of a being that may or may not have created everything. But, I believe everyone has a right to worship as they see fit any religion as long as it does not take away anothers freedomes.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DeviantMortal

1st - Lets assume all/most of what is written in the bible is true.

Whoops…

Written by men in a time they had no clue how the wider Universe works, they invented fairy tales. Never even seen through the eye piece of a telescope or microscope and you want them to tell you what to do, or else…?

Next we'll bring back blood letting and witch hunts.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

An interesting theory but the amount of solid, decent teachings the modern Bible still includes to this day would lead me to believe a/the "Devil" would remove said teachings if they are truly evil.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

LoL I never claimed that any of it was true. Its more of a thought experiment than anything. My wife is a devout Jehovas Witness, and her answer is simply her faith. Her faith is everything when it comes to what she is willing to beleive and I support her and her right to believe what she wants.

On a side note she is very accepting of how skeptical of any faith or religion at all. I attempt to live by a simple thought.

Dont be a d**k.

Im sure most of youcan read past that ameture censorship.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

If I were the devil and wanted to conquer the world I would start with Christianity.

I would slink in there, make everyone believe they are going to hell if they don't listen to me then sit back and watch them hate and judge and laugh and know my plan worked.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Nobody yet has proved the existence of God outside of blind faith so how can anyone believe in the devil.

The biblical story tells us about Gods then a God, but its funny how we only ever hear about one devil except from a pack of the little blighters in some swine.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

its more like good=God/heaven and bad=Devil/hell

You believe in good and bad right?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Like what decent teachings?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

in freemasonry the postle barnabas is satan and the father of the bible as part of the old trinity of father, mother and son.

The bible also calls him zeus, and the bible says that satan falls like lightning. Thats is why why when you listen to barack obamas speach backwards you can hear im say zeus. even barack obama means lightning. freemasons believe in transcendent gods through time so a thousand years of satan as the bible calls it is thousand year reich it is also a thousand incarnations of vishnu.

So if you want to spice it up Satan has been called many things of the milennias. The god of beginning, the god of truth, god of the northern magnetic pole, which the bible calls the 'way', god of fire, god of lightning, god the hyades cluster in the night sky,god of the tongue and mouth and much more.

If he existed he would instigate a revolution in america becaue it is so corrupt and beyond saving in order to bring freedom and democracy to stop america from policing the world and killing peope in the millions through famine and dictators, arming jihadists, wars etc. bye bye america nice knowing you, ps the devil told me so.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ever wondered if HaSatan is actually the good guy (Iblis - leader of the Jinn) ?

He tempted Adam and Eve to eat the RED Apple of Knowledge that showed them that they were SLAVES for the Annunaki.

What did the aliens do when mankind rebelled to slavery: They used scalar weaponry to drown them all with the Great Flood.

Morpheus (Iblis) in the film 'The Matrix' tempts Neo (oNe = the first = Adam) with the RED pill and shows him that he is nothing more than a SLAVE for the non-human race.

All the rain at the end the Matrix trilogy must have been what the sky was like during the 40 Days 40 Nights constant rain.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Rapha because: Rain

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

www.openbible.info...

Just some examples. Seem pretty decent to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I very much beleive in good and evil. And recognize the blurred line many people see as acceptable. "Dont be bad, unless you have to be." I have always found that funny. This thought came to mind after I watched one of those History channel documentories some years ago. It mentioned how easy it would have been to translate something wrong and change the entire meaning of a scripture. I dont remember it that well but I remember one example it gave.

San Graal (not sure on the OG spelling of Graal) = Holy Grail
Sang Raal = Royal Blood

I cant remember much else except that if it was this easy to make a mistake on the placement of one letter what other mistakes could there be?

And that spider webbed my thoughts into "What if the devil MADE someone put a letter in the wrong spot."

Then I laughed and remembered I dont really beleive anyway.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Are you referring to Adapa and the Serpent etc? The devil has been given several names over the past Satan after the planet Saturn and Lucifer whom was the Bringer of Light.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

LoL I never claimed that any of it was true.

Lol, yes, you were just 'assuming' the bible is all or mostly true.

And attacked the messenger, by ( but not really) calling me a 'dick'.

Found this on the logical fallacy of Jehovah's witnesses…

link

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I like how you described it as "spider webbing".

A way to put black or white to the blurred lines is to know that good or evil comes from the intent.

If your profession was a beheader in France to behead all of the prisoners who were wrongly put to death, your intent was justified in that you were told to do it, it was your job.

The King who called the shots, his intentions are the ill-willed ones, he will have bad Karma.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think this thread has slightly derailed, but I dont think I mind. Some of these comments are very interesting. I guess what I really wanted to know is what you guys thought of this idea as my very own conspiracy theory, one I came up with years ago and everytime I bring it up with friends and family the thought blows their minds. I guess you guys are used to this sort of thing though.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I was not name calling, sorry you took it that way I am trying to have a friendly discussion that I feel you are adding to,
Perhaps I worded it poorly, I was saying that not being a phallus is how I try to live. Without the guidance of a deity.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
Are you referring to Adapa and the Serpent etc? The devil has been given several names over the past Satan after the planet Saturn and Lucifer whom was the Bringer of Light.

No i was referencing to the Quran where Adam is named the same way.

In terms of the jinn, HaSatan is more inline with the Shaitan class jinn itself. So HaSatan is possibly plural for many jinn.
i agree with the planet Saturn in reference to the rotating Hexagon at Saturn's North Pole.

Hexagon (6 = imperfection) : Evil, failure, falls short of perfection by one.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I will have to read your link in seceret tonight >.> The wife doesnt like me visiting "Apostate" sites as she calls them. And I do not wish to fight with my wife.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Naw. Don't make me go on a hunt and do your research for you and then, sum up your thoughts for you. Tell me, in your own words what are the decent teachings in the bible.

While we're at it, perhaps you can detail how they offset the rest of the, not so decent, teachings in the Bible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join