It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YE are gods...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; HE judgeth among the gods.

How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked?

Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

HE used this passage while speaking to "rulers of men"

Ye are gods... but ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes

Notice the distinction though...

ALL of YOU are Children of the Most High...

AND...

If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him

IF.. "the word of God" could theoretically come to those that do not deserve it...

How could anyone not be Children OF God?

****Please keep in mind this is not a "Religious" thread...****

edit on 26-4-2016 by Akragon because: Inspired by this thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Nay, we be pirates, arrr.

edit on 26/4/2016 by chr0naut because: Pieces of Aten?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Ye can be whatever yer heart desires...

but eventually You're comin home...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Its the glorious dichotomy of religion isn't it.

The We being everyone - but some being Gods/rulers of men sanctified by God himself.

For me it actually works better with the idea that we are all of this planet (our mother).

I thought the originality of Kingship was actually an elected post held provided your rule was good and people prospered - not through blood lines which greedy families and their members seek to rule by. The original meant that you could'[t accrue personal wealth through your rule thou concentrated on the benefit of all. Religion was the scam through which certain families grabbed power and held on to it exploiting others.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

No... its not about religion

Its a flaw in all "society"

Greed

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

No... its not about religion

Its a flaw in all "society"

Greed

There are many with much, but there are those who wish and work hard for just enough, and still never get it.

Oddly I find the poor to be the most giving, they know what it's like to not have, and to need.

Compassion, and empathy..

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

edit on 26/4/2016 by chr0naut because: null

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Ancient Kingship wasn't about religion it was about electing and selecting the right ruler to do a job as a moral obligation and nothing to do with greed.

The point I made was about the use of religion as a tool merely to put the greedy and power crazy in charge - which it adequately did in the past. Today virtually no country has a king ruler just elected wealthy families who control who runs for office in order to protect and help them accumulate more greed.

As soon as you start a thread about Gods you are dancing down the religion road because religion has completely influenced people's thinking and attitude towards their rulers who - ruled as a 'divine right' - King James even changed the Geneva bible for one he rewrote to instal himself as a divine ruler invested through God's enabling and approval.

If you look at greed tyou have to look at who were the original greedy ones and rulers all have that desire for power and money - ever met a ruler with only the wealth he has earned, no its what he/she has taken.

I don't agree with you that this is a flaw in society as a whole. Many are not motivated by money or power and as was pointed out earlier, the poor are the ones who give the most. There are even tax breaks for the wealthy to give which they ultimately put in through their manipulation of our tax laws in the first place, in order to look good to the ordinary public and deceive them about their instinctive greed an power lusts.

You only have to look at the elite with the money and how they use their money for wars and other nefarious things to see that its only a small percent of humanity that are utterly avaricious.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

unfortunately that "small percent" are the ones that rule over us...

I shall refer you to the original post... and the contents there in

truely... "many" are not motivated by money and power... but most are...

ou only have to look at the elite with the money and how they use their money for wars and other nefarious things to see that its only a small percent of humanity that are utterly avaricious.

only because they can afford to be...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Now say that to HaSatan and i am sure his head will explode in shear rage even though it is true.

He cannot handle the fact that he can be forgiven if he seeks forgiveness for his crimes against humanity. The problem is, him and many others are stubborn and don't want to be servants of their Creator.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Now say that to HaSatan and i am sure his head will explode in shear rage even though it is true.

He cannot handle the fact that he can be forgiven if he seeks forgiveness for his crimes against humanity. The problem is, him and many others are stubborn and don't want to be servants of their Creator.

Arrange a meeting between us and I'll say it right to his face.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It's another way of calling them Kings. They technical aren't gods in the aspect you think of.
Ex. You're so full of yourself you are like god but your kingship will fall just like any common man, in death.

Jesus said this to the pharmacy because of their high horse.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
Arrange a meeting between us and I'll say it right to his face.

Lol. he will probably stitch your lips together because he cannot handle the truth.

All these forums are monitored by his minions so stating that you want to hit him with a giant ACME anvil in Grand Central Station, New York whilst you dream should actually work.

Serious. Because it works for me. Just wack em all.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Who is HaSatan?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Who is HaSatan?

That is the real name.

he even butchered Jesus Christ by getting his goons to make the slang name 'Jesus H Christ'.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So if th'e be a God, wouldn't that make th'e Satanic?

edit on 26-4-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; HE judgeth among the gods.

How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked?

Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

IF.. "the word of God" could theoretically come to those that do not deserve it...

****Please keep in mind this is not a "Religious" thread...****

i know you had said this is not a religious thread.
But since were talking about the bible quotes ill just go on about what im thinking about right now.

Jesus had said that my father makes it rain on the just and the unjust.
Also in revelation it says the righteous must still be righteous and the wicked still be wicked,

What that means to me is that good and evil are predestined, as in the separation between past present and future is an illusion of time. everything had to happen the way it happened. The knowledge of good and evil is the understanding that without one the other wouldnt exist. with nothing evil to compare an act of righteousness to we could never learn from our mistakes, and learn from other's mistakes. with nothing "good" to contrast evil we would never learn from the righteousness in our hearts, and the selflessness of others.

"My father makes it rain on the just and the unjust."
Many times in the bible god had spared the wicked if it benefited the Righteous.
One example is the story of sodom and gammorah where god would of spared the cities if they could find a certain number of righteous people. in the end only lot and his family were worthy to be saved from the destruction.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Paul... of course... Sigh

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

IF each of us must give an account of our lives to God, what shall a man say...

I have stolen... but i had faith...

I have murdered... but i had faith...

I have lusted for other mens wives... but i had faith...

Yes... All have sinned, but Faith without works is not faith at all...

And despite what Christians love to tell you... Faith does not produce works

Paul Is Selling his Golden ticket in these verses... and most buy it hook, line, and sinker

Faith without action is NOTHING...

In fact... In giving ones "account" to God... Im pretty sure he'd be happy to hear someone helped others in his path rather then preached about their faith

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

top topics

join