It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Honest Conversation With A Bernie Sanders Supporter (podcast)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I am on the 12th episode of my podcast covering politics, society, news, and anything else I find relevant and interesting. I have been going back and forth non stop with Bernie supporters, and to my dismay, rarely have a reasonable discussion of substance on the issues. The end of any conversation online ends up with the Bernie support calling me any number of names and derogatory slurs once they run out of talking points. I always take the high road when discussing politics , instead of resorting to name calling and insults, because I truly want to discuss these things, hence the podcast. I have invited numerous Bernie people on my show to have an honest conversation/debate and everyone I have asked has declined. Finally I was able to get a Bernie man onto my show, which I respect greatly. I am very pleased with the end result, and I think it went well. It lends me a bit more insight to the Bernie side of things, but I still cannot support giving more money and more power to a corrupt and murderous government. Here is the full show, it can also be found on any app or website that hosts podcasts.

Let me know what you think. I thought that I treated him fairly even though he disagreed with my stance on things. And for the record, I don't support any of the crooks running. We covered a lot of great topics and I think it was a pretty interesting discussion.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Video is not working.

soundcloud.com...
edit on 26-4-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i like your approach and attitude.. i feel you on a lot of stances, including what you wrote here in the post.. it's sad that people resort to negativity when they run out of things to say.. i think trump supporters might be even more short tempered in general.. are you guys gonna interview some of them?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakenYaMind

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I would be happy to have a Trump man/woman on. I guess I targeted the Bernie camp first because of how militant they have been with me. I would REALLY like to discuss things with a Hillary supporter, but I am pretty sure there is no such thing, except for the paid shill variety.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Thanks for the correction, not sure what went wrong there.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

haha, we'll see on soundcloud soon enough.. keep up the good work!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

i think trump supporters might be even more short tempered in general..

Really? Do you see thousands of them blocking people from getting in to see Sanders or Clinton? Do you see them blocking traffic to keep people from getting there? Do you see them outside of Sanders or Clinton rally, trying to get in and disrupt the event?
No?
Hmm. Wonder who all those people were.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

i think trump supporters might be even more short tempered in general..

Really? Do you see thousands of them blocking people from getting in to see Sanders or Clinton? Do you see them blocking traffic to keep people from getting there? Do you see them outside of Sanders or Clinton rally, trying to get in and disrupt the event?
No?
Hmm. Wonder who all those people were.

You may have just proven their point.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Short tempered is now defined as pointing out other's hypocrisy?
Who blocked traffic?
Who invades rallies and shouts down those supporting a particular candidate?
Who goes completely rabid when a man wears a Pro Trump t shirt in public?

It's beyond hypocrisy to claim Trump supporters are more short tempered than Sanders fans....it's an outright lie.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

1st of all take it easy.. maybe short tempered wasn't the right word choice.. when i said short tempered, it was refering to what the original post said about bernie supporters resorting to negativity after their short list of things they say in defense of him.. the fact that so many trump supporters feed off donald's negativity leads me to "think" of that comparisson.. the comparisson being in regards to how a person will handle a simple conversation and debate with someone who question's their support for their candidate and how long/short it will take until they can't justify or make a good case for them, etc..

i have open opinions from the outside looking in anyway, so there's no reason to get so defensive over an observation..

i'm not rooting for anyone here or to judge.. i know nothing about these traffic blockers and what you mentioned, but now i do, thanx, although "thousands of people" seems a bit exaggerated..

This whole election process has gotten real old real quick anyway- too time consuming, waste of money, and another political cycle of dividing people even further based on who they support..

new topics

join