It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a war on individual identity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So after my last thread I came to the realization that there may be a war on individual identity in pop culture.

Now I'm not exactly sold on this yet but it just seems like... There's an agenda to destroy individual identity going on.

Look at this gender spectrum and transgender debate happening. I look at this and at the destruction of the masculine archetype and how they want everyone using the same bathroom. I look at trendies and how guys and girls dress so close to the same minus facial hair and how in the feminist movement they are beginning to dress and act more like men.

Wow this is crazy its like there really is an agenda in the western world to create asexual automatons that all wear the same things and identify as gender neutral.

Does anyone else see this happening?

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Look at this gender spectrum and transgender debate happening. I look at this and at the destruction of the masculine archetype and how they want everyone using the same bathroom.

Things would be better for your level of understanding if you stopped thinking about transgender women as men and how the hell to you equate their existence with the "destruction of masculine archetype"?

Isn't that a bit hyperbolic and do you think that transgender women ever fit the "masculine archetype" in the first place?

Finally, a transgender person's whole deal is about defining an individual identity, not warring against it.

Just some thoughts...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

I agree that transgender is about redefining their identity but in the bigger picture its getting weaponized as a tactic to neutralize gender identity.

I know its probably hard to see on a grander scale but it looks to me like they want the lines blurred and interchangeable.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I know its probably hard to see on a grander scale but it looks to me like they want the lines blurred and interchangeable.

Who is 'they'?

For what reason would 'they' want the lines blurred and interchangeable?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

For the same reason "they" want Clinton or Bush in the presidency.

Its the cult of the new world order inverting reality against god to control the human spirit.

Pay attention.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I agree that transgender is about redefining their identity but in the bigger picture its getting weaponized as a tactic to neutralize gender identity.

Actually, transgender women are typically binary and reinforce traditional gender stereotypes.

Weaponized?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

i second this motion, here here

link   
Please- stop referring to every disagreeing thought as a war.
Do humanity a favor.

I can't even get involved in the actual question here, the mindset of 'war' over something so trivial is just too much.

link   

This is like your 5th thread today about how your masculinity is being "threatened". We get it, you want everyone to have exaggerated roles that fit into your archaic view on gender. Sorry, but gender is much more fluid than that.

Besides, mens clothes are substantially more comfortable than "traditional" womens clothes so yes, women want to sometimes wear them.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
Besides, mens clothes are substantially more comfortable than "traditional" womens clothes so yes, women want to sometimes wear them.

Ever worn a kilt, commando style?

Skirts look awful comfortable.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Skirts are fine, but bras and heels are very uncomfortable. It is something you have to train yourself to get used to.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: primespickle

Can you link all five threads with quotes?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

It goes well beyond gender identification - to me, it appears that the global elites war on humanity is to turn a person away from individuality and become more in tune with a collective hive-like mindest - the classic "service-to-others" philosophy is being pushed upon the global population with an almost possessed" fervour to eliminate sovereign rights and nationalism and instead revert to a mindest of Interdependence towards single global governance

Mean while, the elites practice "service-to-self" in their ongoing quest for global totalitarianism.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
A lot of this has to do with groupthink and our tendency to label ourselves and each other. Labels are very impersonal, of course, and non-individualistic. Titles impart feelings comfort, order, and validation. People just love to do it, always have. These days it's being taken to logical extremes, though, with people clinging to a litany of excessive self-designations. It's like fashion, jewelry and other accoutrements, except it's being done with language and words. Being a bi-curious gender-fluid female is stylish and gaudy, like big diamond earrings.

Even people that say "Oh, I don't believe in labels and I don't label myself or others" usually do it anyway, unconsciously. It's a habit we can scarcely throw off, because it appeals to that order-loving, analytical, compulsive, categorical part of our brains.

Saying this, categorization and labeling is not necessarily a bad thing, because it's always been a tool our brains use to understand and analyze the world. I see it like this: it's not the act of labeling which is itself bad, but it's the quality and merit of those labels.

Put plainly, our labels today suck hard. They're totally frivolous, non-descriptive, and arbitrary. Worse still, people are totally unaware of this and truly seek to define themselves through their titulature alone.

As for the demise of individuality, it's simply because there's so damn many humans now. If we were all highly individualistic, state control would be impossible and we'd be living in anarchy (not a bad thing, if said anarchy is "conducted" properly). And yes, the state will absolutely sink to impossible depths of depravity to maintain control and crush us like insects underheel, but that's a different topic I think.

Also, interesting set of threads today onequestion, I've enjoyed them.
edit on 25-4-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

"Gender identity" has everything to do with society, not biology. There is no biological impulse for boys to wear blue jeans and girls to wear skirts. That's social, and society changes. Judges in the UK still wear powdered wigs. I have a picture of my grandfather in pig tails, a frilly blouse and knickers, from when he was around 7 years old. That was the way boys dressed in their Sunday best, back then. Today, that kid would get the crap beat out of him in the bathroom.

There is no war on identity. Identity is a commodity. But, people don't like it when the status quo is questioned and fight to maintain their territory, or gain territory. It isn't a "western plot" either. It's a human animal trait to try to exploit the environment. Tricking people into doing what they want is one way to hold power. Another is to annihilate anyone who threatens that authority and power.

edit on 25-4-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No I think there's natural laws that govern and define positive and negetive charges.

Female and male are not meant to be the same they represent diversity.

How those individual rolls are defined within a society I don't know.

Men and women are built different to accomplish seperate task men and women have totally different musculature and hormones that produce definitively male characteristics for very specific reasons such as defending the tribe and war or hunting.

There is no gender neutral.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So? Some women are butch and some men are soft. Look and Jacob and Esau, from the Bible. Esau was a manly man, hairy, uncouth and a hunter of wild game. Jacob was soft, intellectual and not at all athletic or physically inclined. He was the cook of the family, and made Esau a beet stew to die for, or at least hand over his birth right for.

There are, and always have been powerful women warrior and intuitive nurturing men.

I would contend that if society weren't so into "gender identity" based on clothing and roll models, and people were allowed to express themselves openly, without fear and loathing, there would very little need for sex change surgeries. I think the need for surgery is mostly based in the need to "pass".

edit on 25-4-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Men and women are built different to accomplish seperate task men and women have totally different musculature and hormones that produce definitively male characteristics for very specific reasons such as defending the tribe and war or hunting.

Well, some might describe these attitudes as misogynistic and/or antiquated. Tribal defense and hunting? Oh my!

There is no gender neutral.

Hmm? I think this is incorrect on both social and biological levels?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
One last thing I want to add: ancient tribal societies used to name individuals so beautifully and artistically, they would attempt to capture the essence of someone's soul, all in their name or their title. A name meant so much to them, there were so many attributes, traits, and implications all wrapped up in one simple word. It was truly beautiful.

These days we're at the opposite pole; all these titles we give ourselves are hollow and meaningless, and say nothing about us as individuals.

You see, I was just reading about the title Suebi kings would give themselves: "Druxtenoz". From the ancient Germanic it would be fair-shepherd, good herder of the folk, lord of the warbands, confederate, freeman, and it held countless other connotations.

This is what I'm talking about- we've lost this in our language, in ourselves. A very sad thing, but not unexpected. Modernism and technocracy necessitate a different use of language, one in which words cannot be so ambiguous and must only mean one thing, for the sake of precision and utility.

Whew, I think I went a bit off-topic, but good to get that off my chest.....
edit on 25-4-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's funny with some gays flaunting it so hard like its cool. Reminds me of Southpark's Metrosexual episode.

Maybe its a form of population control..

You get less babies.. family structure.. and a bunch of sissies who can't fight.

---

Just commenting about gay culture being pushed in the media.. not sure about the identity thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join