It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are a God, According to the bible.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
funny how believes from thousands of years ago are still relevant in this day and age when we have saw no proof of it atall.Most other believes from them times have been debunked but everyone still wants to hold on to the believe theres a greater being out there that controls us all?

i would say a lot of people are going to be disappointed but when your lights go out they aren,t going to know anything anyway cause lights out means lights out,its over for good.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

If we look at the complete verse, we actually find hints of pre-Yahwistic Canaanite polytheism with the deities El and Elyon front and center over the lesser gods:

[Bold brackets are my emphasis]

1 The gods (elohim) stand in the congregation of El. In the midst of the gods (elohim) He [El] judges.

2 “How long will you defend the unjust
and show partiality to the wicked?

3 Defend the weak and the fatherless;
uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed?

4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked?

5. They [mankind] know nothing, neither will they understand. They walk in darkness. All the foundations of the Earth are shaken." [The elohim asked El]

6 "I have told you gods (elohim) that you are all sons of Elyon.

7 But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.” [Replied El to the elohim]

8 Rise up, O God (Elohim), judge the earth, for all the nations are your inheritance.

- Psalm 82:1-8

Compare with:

8 When Elyon (the Most High) allotted peoples for inheritance, When He divided up the sons of man, He fixed the boundaries for peoples, according to the number of the sons of El.

9 Yahweh’s portion is his people, Jacob (Israel) His own inheritance.

Deuteronomy 32:8-9

edit on 4/25/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/25/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Dr. Micheal Heiser's Divine Council parses out the god's, God issue quite well .

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Think about it.

As an adult do you see elements of both your mother and father in you? You share their DNA. You may even look like of of them a little bit.

You are your father's son.

You are your mother's daughter.

Your parents live on, through you.

If one believe's a "soul" comes from this "God", then is it any different? Isn't God just giving birth to your soul from himself? You are then of "God" and a product of himself/herself/insert gender neutral pronoun.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I AM God in certain areas. My aquarium for example. I'm benevolent so the crop is hearty.

Think about it.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well my dog and cat think I'm God or something. I make food magically appear and I disappear and reappear daily to some far off magical realm.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Oh my if you haven't misunderstood the text. Psalm 82 is a condemnation passage, and not one you want applied to you.

Lets break take it a verse at a time, but first lets take a quick look at Romans 13:1 " Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

"82 God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:."

The word translated "gods" here is elohim. Most often it is translated as such, but sometimes it is also translated as judges or rulers, an example of this can be seen in Exodus 22:9. Based on the context of the passage being about judgment of people we can tell rulers is a more accurate translation and indeed newer translations do translate it as such. With Romans 13 in mind we can see that God is talking to the powers he has appointed as rulers.

"“How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Selah"

God is asking how long these rulers are going to judge unfairly and show partiality to wicked people.

"Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

Here God presents an adomnition to the rulers to judge fairly.

"They have neither knowledge nor understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken."

Here God speaks on the ignorance and lack of understanding the rulers have.

"I said, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;"

Or I have given you my name and power to rule your people in my stead, again keep Romans 13 in mind and you are sons in that you are representing my person, and bearing both my name and lively characters of my majesty and authority, as children bear the name and image of their parents.

"nevertheless, like men you shall die, and fall like any prince.”

Even though this title has been bestowed to you, you will die like mortal men.

"Arise, O God, judge the earth; for you shall inherit all the nations!"

A call for the true God to come and judge the earth.

In John 10, Jesus claims to be the Messiah and the Jews are about to stone him for blasphemy and Jesus quotes Psalm 82 reminding the Jews that the Law refers to mere men—albeit men of authority and prestige—as “gods.”

"If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken— 36 do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? "

If the law gives mere men the title of 'gods', then why do you say of the one the Father has made sacred and sent into the world is blaspheming for saying using his title, "Son of God". He is not claiming that people are actually Gods in the sense God is God.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Carlin did that the best.
Dog, "I couldn't figure how to work the can opener...."

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
if we are god or god-like and our fruits of labor, historically is nothing less than evil, id hate to meet those not god-like.

the greatest trick the devil pulled was not convince us it didn't exist, its was convincing us it was good.

look at how biblical figures are portrayed, or illustrated despite their region of origin and the conditions they lived in that era.
if you ask a child what christ looked like, the child will tell you. and they'd be wrong.
angels are portrayed to look a specific way...

i won't go further into this.

edit on 25-4-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Genesis 3
22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

We became like the "LORD God" when Adam and Eve ate the fruit. The fruit is self awareness which is why they covered themselves because they realized they were naked, they finally saw themselves.

What comes with self awareness? The ability to say "I am".

Exodus 3
14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'

God is the universal consciousness, we are a branch of the vine called consciousness and when you become TRULY self aware then you realize you are also the vine as well, you become like God.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I take the meaning that we are all gods over someone or something. People die from wars, starvation, disease, joblessness, hopelessness, because of some god.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

i would say a lot of people are going to be disappointed but when your lights go out they aren,t going to know anything anyway cause lights out means lights out,its over for good.

You may be right about that, but heathen that I am, my intuition tells me we do not cease to exist after we shed this mortal body. I have absolutely no evidence for that, except anecdotal, but for some reason I lean toward it, even though science disagrees at present.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

There are many gods and many lords (see 1 Corinthians 8:5), [some are even false gods] but there is only one LORD God and one Yeshua the Messiah (see Verse 6).

It says that those who ‘are called ‘gods’ are those to whom the Word of God came’ (John 10:35) and ‘I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High, but ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes’. (Psalm 82:6-7)

The ‘trick’ to understanding these references is the situation where this will occur.

Those to whom the Word of God came are those who will take up their crosses and follow him (Matthew 10:38) through the Tribulation (Matthew 24:9) where they will be hated and killed [die like men - as lambs for the slaughter].

“These are those coming out of the great distress [Tribulation], having washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb…” (see Rev 7:14) for not worshipping the Beast [Antichrist] or receiving his mark. (Revelation 20:4)

These killed in the Tribulation, are the Elect / Saints who are the first resurrected (Revelation 20:5) to live and reign with the Messiah for the 1,000 years of peace, as Priests of God and of the Lamb (Revelation 20:6) in the new Jerusalem. It is the surviving flesh (Matthew 24:22) and their descendants – those living outside this city, who will then call the Saints ‘gods’; to whom the Word of God came.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Firstly, Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34 are both addressed to Israel (but it can be applied to the Church too as we are grafted into the olive tree). The idea is that Israel was supposed to believe in Christ, but they didn't. So only believers are called Gods since they share in God's nature as born again creatures.

Secondly, Psalm 82 says "you are Gods, but you will fall like men". Which means that your Godhood is dependent on your faithfulness. You can loose your identity with God, but not your salvation.

edit on 25-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

edit on 25-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: space

edit on 25-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Oh my if you haven't misunderstood the text. Psalm 82 is a condemnation passage, and not one you want applied to you.

Lets break take it a verse at a time, but first lets take a quick look at Romans 13:1 " Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

"82 God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:."

The word translated "gods" here is elohim. Most often it is translated as such, but sometimes it is also translated as judges or rulers, an example of this can be seen in Exodus 22:9. Based on the context of the passage being about judgment of people we can tell rulers is a more accurate translation and indeed newer translations do translate it as such. With Romans 13 in mind we can see that God is talking to the powers he has appointed as rulers.

"“How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Selah"

God is asking how long these rulers are going to judge unfairly and show partiality to wicked people.

"Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

Here God presents an adomnition to the rulers to judge fairly.

"They have neither knowledge nor understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken."

Here God speaks on the ignorance and lack of understanding the rulers have.

"I said, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;"

Or I have given you my name and power to rule your people in my stead, again keep Romans 13 in mind and you are sons in that you are representing my person, and bearing both my name and lively characters of my majesty and authority, as children bear the name and image of their parents.

"nevertheless, like men you shall die, and fall like any prince.”

Even though this title has been bestowed to you, you will die like mortal men.

"Arise, O God, judge the earth; for you shall inherit all the nations!"

A call for the true God to come and judge the earth.

In John 10, Jesus claims to be the Messiah and the Jews are about to stone him for blasphemy and Jesus quotes Psalm 82 reminding the Jews that the Law refers to mere men—albeit men of authority and prestige—as “gods.”

"If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken— 36 do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? "

If the law gives mere men the title of 'gods', then why do you say of the one the Father has made sacred and sent into the world is blaspheming for saying using his title, "Son of God". He is not claiming that people are actually Gods in the sense God is God.

i took it as he was saying he was a child of god like everyone else.
children of the most high.

In the context i provided jesus said that to the pharisees in the book of john which i believe you may have missed that part, why would he say that if it was out of context in psalms?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
We have been imbued with the power of God in this physical realm. Hence the being made in God's image. Also in Genesis Gen 1:26 God gives us our roles as His managers here on Earth "And now we will make human beings; they will be like us and resemble us. They will have power over the fish, the birds, and all animals, domestic and wild, large and small."

So we were given power to make judgements like God does but we were to make them on his behalf, reflecting what His standards are, not our own. Satan deceived Eve into thinking that she could make her own standards.

How do we know we were not to make our own standards? Because not only were we kings but we were priests too, doing what a priest does, representing the world to God.

Gen 2:15 The LORD God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it.

The Hebrew word for work in 2:15 (aw-bad) meant to work or serve. The Hebrew word for guard in the same verse (shaw-mar) meant to guard or care. Whenever these same two words occur together in the OT it is always in the context of priestly service.

Num 3:8; 8:26; 18:7; Deut 11:16; 12:30; 13:4; 2 Sam 22:44; 1 kgs 9:6; Isa 56:6; Jer 16:11; Hos 12:12; Mal 3:14; compare Eek 44:14.

In Genesis 2, Eden is presented as a sanctuary (2:9-17). It had the presence of God ; the tree of knowledge in the middle ; a river flowed from it ; and is described elsewhere as the holy mountain of God – the same imagery used for the temple .

Not so easily understood today is that in Eden Adam also occupied a priestly role. Humankind was put in this sanctuary. Who lives and works in a sanctuary?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

"My Spirit shall not dwell with man forever..."

Clearly we are all alive by the Spirit of God according to Genesis, but not forever because the Old Testament god takes it back because he is pissed that we attained the enlightenment of the knowledge of evil. No longer are we slaves unless we willingly accept the covenant of y Yahweh and salvation by faith theology.

But if we discover the mystery of baptism, that is that we can be born again, we receive the Holy Spirit of Wisdom and comprehend the meaning of water, fire, Spirit. This was lost on Nicodemus and confused by the nonsensical writings of Paul. John baptized with water to prepare for the coming of the Spirit of the true God and Yeshua baptized by John and taught the mysteries of the Kingdom of God, the resurrection of the dead and judgement of souls fulfilling the prophecy of Zoroaster and not the Messiah of the Israelites.

We are as God if we enhance our wisdom and don't rely on faith. Show mercy get mercy, believing in miracles and man gods will not save you. The only way to salvation is wisdom. Search the scriptures of the world, meditate, go and visit different faiths and worship with them.

Since the Infinite one is unknowable and impossible to comprehend, knowledge is the only thing that we can amass that will give us wisdom to untangle the hidden messages of scripture from the earliest to the rediscovery of Gnostic Christianity and the lost Gospels.

The message that we are as gods is a message that we must find Wisdom and that Wisdom is infinite. God is Wisdom and She is the Mother of all.

"Be wise as serpents, innocent as doves."

Yeshua of the Nazarenes

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Another idea that should be the same concept in Meta if I got it right:
A conscious cell that can connect to all part of the body with entanglement and both gain information and make suggestions/request to the whole that can be implemented if appropriate for the body.

I always have a problem trying to figure out how far humanity have gotten. Sometime it seems we are advancing quickly when I meet Empaths and other souls with a different awareness level. When the Atheist like Sam Harris start to look into spirituality and the effects I feel like progress is being made. Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion

edit on 26-4-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
We have been imbued with the power of God in this physical realm. Hence the being made in God's image. Also in Genesis Gen 1:26 God gives us our roles as His managers here on Earth "And now we will make human beings; they will be like us and resemble us. They will have power over the fish, the birds, and all animals, domestic and wild, large and small."

So we were given power to make judgements like God does but we were to make them on his behalf, reflecting what His standards are, not our own. Satan deceived Eve into thinking that she could make her own standards.

How do we know we were not to make our own standards? Because not only were we kings but we were priests too, doing what a priest does, representing the world to God.

Gen 2:15 The LORD God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it.

The Hebrew word for work in 2:15 (aw-bad) meant to work or serve. The Hebrew word for guard in the same verse (shaw-mar) meant to guard or care. Whenever these same two words occur together in the OT it is always in the context of priestly service.

Num 3:8; 8:26; 18:7; Deut 11:16; 12:30; 13:4; 2 Sam 22:44; 1 kgs 9:6; Isa 56:6; Jer 16:11; Hos 12:12; Mal 3:14; compare Eek 44:14.

In Genesis 2, Eden is presented as a sanctuary (2:9-17). It had the presence of God ; the tree of knowledge in the middle ; a river flowed from it ; and is described elsewhere as the holy mountain of God – the same imagery used for the temple .

Not so easily understood today is that in Eden Adam also occupied a priestly role. Humankind was put in this sanctuary. Who lives and works in a sanctuary?

You totally misread Genesis if you think Satan was the one who tempted eve. Satan isn't a serpent beast he The Adversary in the book of Job who sits on Yahweh's council and takes orders from Yahweh. No serpent.

In fact Yahweh is responsible for good and evil. He is a dualistic god and if Satan does something it is with permission.

The Eden story is pure myth and saying Satan tempted Eve is theologically incorrect as the Serpent of Genesis was permanently dealt with and could not have ascended to heaven as a beast of the garden.

The whole point of the story is to blame women for the problem of sin and that story has been a source of oppression for thousands of years. Satan is Satan and the serpent is the serpent.

Mythologically, theologically and historically Jews never equated Satan with the serpent and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to stop listening to mainstream theologians because Judaism and Christianity are slave religions unless properly interpreted and the serpent is wisdom. Adam didn't know he was a slave until he could recognize evil and that is why they became afraid because Yahweh is evil.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SilentSage

I agree with you. Other religions are more aware of how holy spirit energy manifest in the body that you can test with experiments.

Reiki (a energy distribution tool) is more hands on how it works than Christians laying of hands that is shrouded in mystery when it could be understood if you seek understanding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join