It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired near Nashville, Tennessee bus station

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
But I didn't think this kind of incident was possible in such a gun friendly part of the US... where were all those law abiding gun carriers taking control of the situation?

Isn't an armed society supposed to be a polite society?

... kind of funny how reality and ideology always manage to contradict each other.

Oh, the irony...

The Nashville metropolitan area is one of the fastest growing in the country. Country music and hot chicken are trendy now, and thousands of people are relocating to Nash every month. These people bring money (some of them must be buying all the high-rise condos popping up), and they bring change.

Part of that change is increased crime. Until the last few years, shootings were rare. When there was a shooting, it was always gang-related and always occurred in the housing projects. Now it seems I hear about a murder every week.

In case you haven't spotted the irony: for decades Nashville was relatively safe with good ol' boys legally carrying guns. The problem began when urbanites flooded into the area illegally carrying them. Because criminals do not care about gun laws or gun safety or human lives.
edit on 25-4-2016 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

edit on 25-4-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 25-4-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 25-4-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: Fine Canadian whiskey

link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Do you really think everyone should be able to go and buy a gun so easy? Shouldn't there be a process or waiting before someone can just go And purchase such deadly weapons.

The process we use works just fine. Long guns are cash and carry after ID and paperwork, takes less than an hour.
Handguns take at least two weeks for your back ground search to clear before you can go pick up your property.
That is a drop in a bucket compared to the firearms passed down from elders and the ones we freely sell to each other.
The things my dad brought back from SE Asia would scare the hell out of you, and yes someday they will be mine!
Besides plenty of Canadians are packing heat and most do not go through your system. Do you have to ask why?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

The process doesn't seem to be working just fine. Look at gun deaths in Canada per capita against gun deaths in the USA per capita. Those numbers don't lie.

The thing is if I was mad at someone in the USA I could be in And out of a store in an hour with a rifle. In Canada that wouldn't happen.

I just think the process should be more thourough than it is. I do however agree that the bigger problem is black market firearms. I love shooting. I go to the range here as much as I can and during summer my I go to a buddys farm and we blow all kinds of stuff to pieces with his rifles and shotguns.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It seems to me I had to take a test, then wait at least 10 days for my rifle, and my shotgun, same as the pistols.
Se the big one? Thats a 50 mag. Wanna have some fun? fire some hot loads through that one handed without a padded glove

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join