It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired near Nashville, Tennessee bus station

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
One person has been shot.

the live link should work in a couple minutes from Fox17

This is a developing story.

A Tennessean reporter in the area at the time of the shooting heard at least one gun shot and watched as people ran, ducking behind stairwells and any other infrastructure for cover.

edit on 25-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

www.tennessean.com...

odd this will not link right.

edit on 25-4-2016 by reldra because: fixed

metro Polie now state at least 2 victims and a large asrea 'shut down'.

fox nashville

Twitter video from user @rustyG

this tweet from 7 minutes ago:

Jen French from Fox17 nashville

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight
Um, what?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Im stuck in a loop!

Redirect here just bring me here which redirects here which redirects here !!

a reply to: luciferslight

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

You linked to this link.
edit on Mon Apr 25 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yeah I know

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yeah I know

why? there are no other links. your post is OT, as well as many other things.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
He just wants to derail..

Hope everyone's fine, or well..you know that it calms down.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
He just wants to derail..

Hope everyone's fine, or well..you know that it calms down.

yes, I do too. It will calm down.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Thank you for the heads up. As Summer gets hotter and hotter, unfortunately, more of the crazies pop out.

I pray this ends quickly with arrests, and minor injuries to the innocent.

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Yeah I know
That was funny!

Where I live I hear gunfire often. The police set up a listening system that triangulates to pinpoint where the shots originate. Several people have been shot on the road I take to work. I think it is all gang related. Gangsters taking out other gangsters. Unfortunately some innocent people sometimes get in the way. Gun laws are strict here, but gangbangers dont use legal guns or obey laws regardless. A couple weeks ago I had to duck behing my truck, when I walked out of a store with Chinese take out. Someone was rapid firing about 100 feet away with the muzzle aimed my direction. I had to take detour on the way home 3 weeks ago because cops had a 4 lane road closed. A guy was shot dead in his car, and it careened through shrubs and bushes right into the movie theater. Another guy shot the cashere at the liquor store 2 blocks away in the head with a 357, then hid the gun down the block from me in a field. He was a tweeker. And if its not the gangsters its the cops. Our friends mom was kidnapped in a bank robbery. The police knew she was a hostage, yet they shot hundreds of rounds into the car and killed her.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
But I didn't think this kind of incident was possible in such a gun friendly part of the US... where were all those law abiding gun carriers taking control of the situation?

Isn't an armed society supposed to be a polite society?

... kind of funny how reality and ideology always manage to contradict each other.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Nobody was there.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What is the solution for this madness? I mean when mass shootings occur every week and over 1,000 citizens a year are being shot by police. The level of gun violence in the USA is higher than nearly all other first world countries if not all.

Could it have something to do with the ease of getting a gun? People get all up in arms. Its not the gun laws that are the problem yet countries like Canada with stricter gun laws have much lower per capita gun violence. Hmmmmm coincidence?

Also good job Reldra I think you set an editing record

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Hundreds of rounds into the car? Seriously? With a hostage in the vehicle that they knew about. Why aren't people rioting about that?

I just read in the guardian that in the last 24 years there have been 54 citizens of englad killed by police gunfire. In the USA in a 24 day period 59 citizens were killed by police gunfire. And its not just black people. It's anyone and everyone. Your entire country should 've protesting this police state you live in where police aren't held responsible for their actions. This is a real serious crisis.
edit on 25-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: Added info

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11 The 3 bank robbers were wearing bullet proof vests and the cops knew. The hostages were not. They threw 2 women from the car during the chase. I could hear large calibur gunshots from inside my home. The robbers had at least 1 AK47, and here in California those are absolutely not legal. My guns are always locked up in a safe as required by law unless Im at a range, or backpacking.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

How do you know a concealed carry person was even there? Or is this another anti gun comment from someone who thinks you should just roll over when the bad guys say "Boo".
And, even though I do have a gun, I'm not stupid enough to stand in the open and trade shots like it's the OK Corral.
Find cover, then find your target.
Or...you can just do what the anti gunners do and just lay down and die without a fight.
edit on 25-4-2016 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

The answer to your tired question is NO. We are not Canada. I have firearms passed down through generations as well as dandy newer ones. We have had two revolutions and think about the benefits of another go at it, every couple generations or so. We also have that pesky old document that protects us and holds us accountable to be armed and kill a tyrant every now and then.
Who do you think is going to knock on our doors to collect our evil weapons? US Army, our police? No. They are us.
Sorry to stray, Reldra. Do you live near Nashville? Do you own a pistol?

Joe Canada, 59 people a day killed by the police? Time to find a better newspaper.
edit on 25-4-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: bwaahaaahaaa

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Reldra! My Sister lives in Nashville at the moment...not cool. This is most likely gang related. I lived around Nashville for about 15 years and in my experience, If there are shootings going down in Nashville it has to do with gangs, or drugs, or both.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

First off I never said gun ownership was a problem. We can own guns in Canada as well. However the process takes time and you just pass a firearms safety course and provide character references. Then you just wait 6 months before your permit is given.

Secondly I didn't say 59 people in a day. It was 59 people in a 24 day period. Basically 2 people shot by police each day. Whereas other countries haven't had that many police shootings in 20 years.

Do you really think everyone should be able to go and buy a gun so easy? Shouldn't there be a process or waiting before someone can just go And purchase such deadly weapons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join