It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump? Are You People That Gullible?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Sargeras
a reply to: forthelove

Trump owes nobody!

It has all been his own money.

This is a myth...

He has been financing his campaign via a shell-game, not his own money. He "loans" his campaign money through shell companies that donors invest in...essentially making the donors "dark"...that and he is selling merchandise and tickets to his rallies..

I can scratch together some research and analysis if need be?

Could you actually? I'm not saying that I don't believe you or challenging you in any way, but I would like to see some evidence for myself just to have that validation. If you can point me where to find it I'll follow the bread crumbs myself.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
His foreign policy speech just now - ignoring the teleprompter delivery which I think was a bit staid - was brilliant in it's content.

He has outlined a vision to totally reverse Amercian foreign policy and take a road to both peace and prosperity. More of a vision than any president in recent memory.

You bought it? The guy knows next to nothing about foreign policy. When questioned earlier in the campaign in regards to key players, he got flustered, and said he'd get people who know about that to deal with it. He just doesn't know. The only things he knows is what he has been force fed by his people.

His "fix" for Korea and Japan is to give them nukes. You think that's a brilliant plan towards peace and prosperity?

He would have to 100% lean on his people for anything of value in foreign issues. And woe to us if a crisis arrives where a snap decision needs to be made.

I just think it's hilarious people are talking about how Trumps weakest point is somehow a good thing. Speeches are nothing. What does he actually know about foreign policy? VERY LITTLE.
edit on 27-4-2016 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Trump just finished a beautiful speech talking about his foreign policy views...very presidential, impressive, and strong.

Searching for it now, but saw this on twitter..

Reaction to Trump's foreign policy speech from former House Intel Committee Chair Mike Rogers (R-MI) on CNN: "It was not exactly coherent."

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Meanwhile, Clinton SHOULD know about foreign policy (given her years in the role), yet we make an insane deal with Iran (we'll restore diplomatic relations while you get to keep skirting UN resolutions, OK?), do nothing more than token runs at ISIS, leave our people to die in Benghazi, share secrets on public email servers, keep stoking and then rewarding North Korea, and keep making trade deals that bleeds money overseas!

So really, what is worse? Seriously?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I am going to wrangle something together when time affords.

Here are a couple of articles....Essentially the difference between self-funding and loaning your campaign money is that you can repay yourself WITH INTEREST.

Right now he makes something like 30% on outside personal contributions, merchandise and tickets..

He is going to likely look to up those numbers.

He also charges his campaign for planes, hotels etc.

In 2000 Trump said he "could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it."
en.wikipedia.org...

www.slate.com...

www.thefiscaltimes.com...

www.politifact.com...

I need to track down the article on investors in the companies he is using to loan the money.

From memory it went something like this..Not sure though

Lets say my business owes 100k in taxes...but before that is due ..I loan 50k from the business to X at an interest rate of 10%...x can't pay me back the 55k it owes me...I deduct that bad debt (55k) from the 100K in taxes I owe...I now owe 45k in taxes..and 50k went out the door to the campaign loan...and I am only now only a total 95k out of pocket vs. the 100k I would have previously owed the IRS.

I just made 5K on loaning my losing campaign money....and got to spend that 50k tax free on my bankrupt campaign vs. pay it in taxes.

I have to suss out the numbers and research, but have read a few different articles over the past months..

One cited a gathering of a few wealthy investors in NYC backing Trump and discussing ways to finance. That was an article from maybe 8 months ago.

Need to track the companies he is using to loan the campaign money from.

edit on 27-4-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Trump just finished a beautiful speech talking about his foreign policy views...very presidential, impressive, and strong.

Of course it was. He said himself that he was a performer, acting a part. He admitted his own duplicity. What could possibly lead anyone to believe that anything coming out of that loud mouth of his from here on out won't be just more of the same? I am truly baffled by this.

Nope. He said he is who he is. He said he is capable of being "presidential". He said when he is speaking to a crowd he uses language appropriate for that venue. When he is in a smaller group with six or seven people talking policy, he uses another kind of language. Just like all people do! It doesn't mean he changes personality. Get a clue.

You should seriously consider taking your own advice, actually. "All people" do not walk around pretending to be a totally different person to everyone whom they interact with. Most people stay as far away from folks like that as they can. I know I certainly do...I learned that lesson the hard way, and more than once because I was too stupid to comprehend it the first time.

That is not something that honest people with a functioning moral compass do. That is method acting. Performing. Being duplicitous. Putting on a show. Playing a part. And it takes a lot of energy to be convincing enough to maintain the facade.

Why do that when it's so much easier to just be authentic? The only reasons I can think of that could compel a person to be such a fake would be either extreme insecurity or the desire to manipulate others into doing what they want. Either way, it's deceitful and people like that don't tend to keep very many friends...just the ones who haven't learned their lesson yet.

Oh well...wait and see. It gets better. Just watch. 😉

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: UKTruth
His foreign policy speech just now - ignoring the teleprompter delivery which I think was a bit staid - was brilliant in it's content.

He has outlined a vision to totally reverse Amercian foreign policy and take a road to both peace and prosperity. More of a vision than any president in recent memory.

You bought it? The guy knows next to nothing about foreign policy.

Looking at the video clip...He is full on teleprompter for this one, steady reading voice and eyes moving from the fixed gaze, left, right, left, right...

First time I saw him read a speech written for him.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Of course a Republican insider is going to bash Trump. They are scared to death of him.
Think what it will mean when Trump changes the status quo.
I'm sure every insider/appointed person in office is quaking.
Trump is going to require people to do their jobs and be held accountable. That will be new for them.
No more keeping your job no matter how you screw up just because the old crony system works that way.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Which candidate is above any of those assertions?

Cruse and kaischic and berney and Hillary all owe a crap load of money to the rich folks that paid to get them elected.

Trump owes nobody!

It has all been his own money.

Trump 2016, " make America great again "

I honestly think you just make stuff up sometimes.

Tell me how he is going to implement his plans. I read his on the issues, hell I even agree with some. But, he never tells you how he plans to implement these changes to "make America great again". It's just as bad as Hillary's site, if not worse in my opinion.

So I just make things up, because I point out the fact trump is self funded and everyone else owes millions to special interests?

In other newz your post was pointless...

No, Trump is not exclusively self-funded. Not even close.

This is why people say that Trump's base mostly consists of low-information voters. They prove again and again that they're unwilling to do the tiniest amount of research and just buy the bluster and the gusto.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Indigo5

Of course a Republican insider is going to bash Trump. They are scared to death of him.

By your definition is every Republican that disagrees with Trump a "Republican Insider"?

Just wondering how that works.

Glen Beck doesn't like Trump...Is he an "Outsider" or "Insider"?

No doubt that the GOP Mainstream doesn't like Trump...but they are not the only ones...and it doesn't mean that their opposition isn't valid.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I am going to wrangle something together when time affords.

Here are a couple of articles....Essentially the difference between self-funding and loaning your campaign money is that you can repay yourself WITH INTEREST.

Right now he makes something like 30% on outside personal contributions, merchandise and tickets..

He is going to likely look to up those numbers.

He also charges his campaign for planes, hotels etc.

In 2000 Trump said he "could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it."
en.wikipedia.org...

www.slate.com...

www.thefiscaltimes.com...

www.politifact.com...

I need to track down the article on investors in the companies he is using to loan the money.

From memory it went something like this..Not sure though

Lets say my business owes 100k in taxes...but before that is due ..I loan 50k from the business to X at an interest rate of 10%...x can't pay me back the 55k it owes me...I deduct that bad debt (55k) from the 100K in taxes I owe...I now owe 45k in taxes..and 50k went out the door to the campaign loan...and I am only now only a total 95k out of pocket vs. the 100k I would have previously owed the IRS.

I just made 5K on loaning my losing campaign money....and got to spend that 50k tax free on my bankrupt campaign vs. pay it in taxes.

I have to suss out the numbers and research, but have read a few different articles over the past months..

One cited a gathering of a few wealthy investors in NYC backing Trump and discussing ways to finance. That was an article from maybe 8 months ago.

Need to track the companies he is using to loan the campaign money from.

Thank you so much for taking the time to link those for me. Looks like I've got my reading material for the evening. 😉This lines up with what my father told me about him years ago. One of the few times I ever saw my dad angry.
edit on 30052America/ChicagoWed, 27 Apr 2016 14:05:25 -050030pm30117America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Errors

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't think Trump's fake mask bothers his supporters because they know his true racist violent colors and that's what they want. They can probably also relate to the need to pretend to not be racist. It's a mask many of his supporters have to wear in public all the time.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Searching for it now, but saw this on twitter..

Reaction to Trump's foreign policy speech from former House Intel Committee Chair Mike Rogers (R-MI) on CNN: "It was not exactly coherent."

Gee, that's a surprise. Rogers is one of Romney's Michigan boys and supports Cruz. I would expect him to belittle Trump's speech.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

This was a strange one early on..Nobody seemed to know where the money was going with conflicting explanations..
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Interested in what you thought of the speech?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
I don't think Trump's fake mask bothers his supporters because they know his true racist violent colors and that's what they want. They can probably also relate to the need to pretend to not be racist. It's a mask many of his supporters have to wear in public all the time.

So if you support protecting our southern border and want to ensure no Islamic extremists get in with Syrian refugees is racist. Ok.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Also here:
www.cnn.com...

Trump attended a fundraising event Sunday at the home of real estate developer Charles Kushner and his wife, Seryl -- Ivanka Trump's in-laws -- on the Jersey Shore. Some attendees were asked to pony up $10,000 for a group called Make America Great Again. According to an invitation, organizers have set up a super PAC as well as a 501(c)(4) nonprofit. While a super PAC is required to disclose its donors, the nonprofit is not.

Donors were given the option of making contributions to the super PAC or to the nonprofit entity, noting their personal information would be kept private if they chose to contribute to the nonprofit, according to an invitation to the event.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

Interested in what you thought of the speech?

It was a good, not great, speech, coming from Trump. He provided more policy detail than what he regurgitates in his stump speeches. But I don't think it's any less coherent than what other candidates have been providing us.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I don't understand why so many people hate Trump. Hillary belongs in prison but yet she has such following. I find this very strange. I like Trump because he's something different, not the typical politician. Hillary's nothing more than a gangster to me. Hillary for prison 2016.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join