It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blocking?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I am just wondering how to block someone who is being a broken record player in all of my threads? I thought it used to be easy to block someone, but this guy has followed me from thread to thread so much that I stop coming here now for weeks and sometimes months.... He is sooooo annoying.
Tia

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

They used to have an ignore feature and I am sure that I was on quite a few
members' ignore list.I do miss this feature but you never know when someone
might post something you will like.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

It sucks that the only way to ignore this guy is by avoiding ATS....

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Have you ever contacted staff about this problem? That is where I
would start.You shouldn't have to avoid ATS because of the behavior
of another member.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Just ignore this person?

I mean, if he's intentionally following you from thread to thread and *trolling* you, ignore him; If he's actually harassing you, or sending you harassing messages, contact a mod.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You have to take the bad with the good.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I had this happen today, the person starting PMing me photos I could never share with anyone. They were so gross. I reported her PMs and now I have not heard a word from her!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I suggest taking note of avatar, if they have one, or color scheme of username. Then, just get in the habit of scrolling right by their posts!

I've found it increases my enjoyment of this site dramatically. So much so, that I decided to pick an avatar for myself so that others can do the same to me!

The reasons given for not having an ignore feature are dubious at best, and completely inapplicable for how I, personally, determine who I ignore. Small price to pay for entertainment though.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

*as I skip past your avatar! LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I am learning that ATS poster profiles that show the mood of a 'disinfo agent,' or claim they are in a 'shilling' mood, are not necessarily joking.

A quick look at your recent posting history says your troll touts such a mood.

Sometimes they really are operating out in the open.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I actually have the same problem. I have begged for help from the mods and whenever the person is blocked they simply create another account and jump right back on, behave for their 20 posts, and then troll and insult. The mods either are overwhelmed by all the crazy, or they're missing way too much.

This will be the end of ATS unless there is more control and the bar is set higher for how posts and / or threads are written.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I can count only 1 person I completely avoid responding to or even reading their threads/posts. It works out well, my eyes just skip over their posts. Don;t let 1 person ruin it for you

edit on 25-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

There was one banned today and she is back with a new name and a full blown avatar.
Who makes a beautiful Avatar before their first post?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If you feel like the posts amount to harassment, please contact staff with examples of the behavior and will will take a look.

I cannot guarantee we will agree, but we certainly do not approve of people 'stalking' other members in their threads.

We'll gladly review for infractions and act accordingly

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Apparently somebody who lives for online stalking and nonsense. The internet has become the only life for the mentally ill, and many of them, particularly with Borderline Personality Disorder, become dangerous stalkers. At the very least, they're annoying. At the most, they post threats of bodily harm. Their behavior ruins it for everybody else.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

I reported this person because she was stalking me thru PM. Sending photos I would never ever look at. After I reported her poof she is gone! Good job staff!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'm glad for you! I wish my stalker would go *poof*....but each blocking is met with a brand new account. The only reason I refuse to leave is because I will not let a psycho determine my actions, whether online or off.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You keep mentioning these photos?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry guys I will try to behave from now on

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

That is funny. LOL, I am laughing and cannot stop!

So if I shared the photos that were sent to me with you 'poof' I would be gone too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join