It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The emasculation of the modern male

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

edit on 25-4-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Most fighters fight due to the absence of love in search of love.
Trust me that's a thoroughly thought out perspective.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Never thought about it that way, something to ponder about!

Like when people would get out of their comfort zone, traveling around, to find themselves, the absence of something that would compel them to leave!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I fight periodically and a lot of friends and associates find it rather strange, almost like something exotic to them. I can't say I'm proud of all the scraps I've been in, and I've plenty of physical reminders of some less successful altercations (chipped teeth, road rash scars, etc) but I'm also not ashamed in the slightest. Really, I look back on these things and am just kinda amused, more than anything else. Sh*t happens, and those of us who fight sometimes typically aren't the sort to hold grudges and be passive-aggressive and disingenuous. Violence still has a place in the human male psyche, it's just a fact of life that you can't try to sweep under the rug because it scares you.

originally posted by: primespickle
a reply to: Substracto

As a race of people, we shouldn't attempt normalize violence.

Violence is something that can easily escalate. It may start off as something simple like a basic on-on-one fight, but quickly turn onto a mob. Over time people will be desensitized to hurting others and it'll make them less empathetic overall. I don't know how that is good.

Welp, my violence is already fully normalized and idealized. When I think cool guys, guys to read about, discuss, and look up to, I think of big bad evil males of the ancient world. Bad motherf*ckers who liked to conquer. I don't think about some skinny jeans-wearing pop star.

It's too late for me sister, I'm gonna keep idealizing the likes of Seleucus Nicator and Pyrrhus, and there's nothing you can do about it.

edit on 25-4-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

I've plenty of physical reminders

Lol, me too, for instance my hand still hurts everyday after breaking it on some guy's chin a few years ago(he threw the first punch). But it was worth it. I don't think he feels the same about his actions.

Btw, ever heard of Gaius Mucius aka Scaevola?
edit on 25-4-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

I've plenty of physical reminders

Btw, ever heard of Gaius Mucius aka Scaevola?

Indeed I have. Could you imagine some modern weenie trying to hold his hand to the flame?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Well, to be honest I couldn't see myself doing exactly that either but I like the gist of the story.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The traditional of martial arts manifest from spiritual practices and physical fighting is a part of human culture.

Its part of tribal traditions as far back as human antiquity and literally the human body of a male is built for it.

Its in our bone structure and hormones its part of our DNA.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This thread brought back so many memories - good and bad...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yep men are absolutely emasculated. There was a time where it was perfectly acceptable for 2 guys to settle a disagreement by banging out, shaking hands afterwards, putting it behind them and laughing about it afterwards. Most of us were probably raised this way and it served us well. Not the most intelligent way to resolve disputes but it worked.

These days young men are frightened, isolated, protected from the world with fragile egos and avoid pain at all costs which leads to entire gangs of afraid manchildren stomping out a person, using weapons and generally finding their worth in a group as opposed to having any confidence in themselves.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Now you painted one root of the origin of SJWs

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't fight, never have, I don't like to get hit.

Am i the toughest most calloused dude out there? no. but i'm also intelligent enough to not get myself into situations that would require physical altercations. I work with my hands, I create things, my kids think i'm tough. My wife thinks i'm tough, that's all that matters to me. I do not need to puff out my chest to prove i'm an alpha male. I'm not so into myself that i cannot make fun of myself. to me someone who is constantly exerting their will over others via physical force makes themselves look small. . . .

my friends and I would go to the bars a lot when we were younger, and you could tell there were guys there just looking for trouble. like, dude, you came out here to pay double price for drinks, just so you could fight someone? I just came to have a good time and socialize.

I dunno, that's just me though.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The reason for the emasculation of the Western man, is so when the police state is to be installed...there will be no one to fight for our country. If you give women the affirmative action card, they get chosen for the best paying jobs, they legally get to hand your @$$ to you, as a male and women these days, generally are the managers of the men. They get the higher positions to be able to control men and their behavior. Why? Because this will assure than men become controlled and docile, and when the New World Order brings the NATO soldiers over to install the police state, them men will be too subjugated to fight them. The police state can then be installed without contest. If you're a male, the next time you go to work, count the female to male ratio in reference to managers. I think you'll be surprised that you didn't notice this before.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I was like 13 I'm a different person now, now need for insults.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: GoShredAK

You said something, that is very important, the duality and filtering of behavior!

"I'm an empath who cries during freaking sad or happy commercials. I hate violence, I can hardly stand to watch it. I'm not into razzing. All the street fights I've been In I just end up feeling really bad for being a jerk. (even in defeat)

Put me In the cage though......the lights come on. Pure aggression, sweat, and blood. It's thrilling."

You can be more than one way, an empath and a fighter, just as in the old days, some warriors were writers or poets.

Thanks!

From what I've seen in life, all the best men are humble, quiet, and kind.

The loudmouth, bossy guys who have the need to constantly remind everyone how great, and badass they are, are actually pathetic.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

This sounds like feminists to me.

The loudmouth, bossy [girls] who have the need to constantly remind everyone how great, and badass they are, are actually pathetic.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Agree, sounds like insecurity in most cases, saw some documentary about guys who were in the special forces and they reflected about what you said, how the best operatives were the quiet, humble and calculated persons, against the loudmouths who were constantly bragging.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Yep men are absolutely emasculated. There was a time where it was perfectly acceptable for 2 guys to settle a disagreement by banging out, shaking hands afterwards, putting it behind them and laughing about it afterwards. Most of us were probably raised this way and it served us well. Not the most intelligent way to resolve disputes but it worked.

These days young men are frightened, isolated, protected from the world with fragile egos and avoid pain at all costs which leads to entire gangs of afraid manchildren stomping out a person, using weapons and generally finding their worth in a group as opposed to having any confidence in themselves.

Well said, I've always respected the way it used to be. I didn't grow up in that time but I agree with you.

For as long as I can remember, since elementary school, I have always maintained that jumping someone is a display of absolute cowardice. As is going for a gun when you feel threatened or disrespected.
edit on 25-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I totally agree OneQuestion. How many times have you known an unsufferable douchebag of epic proportions and heard somebody say "One day somebody is gonna kick your ass, because of X reasons"? Yet, sometimes nobody kicks their ass...and than said douchebag is free to keep on keepin on spreading the douchery?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sourcery

More times than I can count.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join