It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New water molecule state discovered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Think of them as being in six positions at the same time, but only 1/6 there in any one place.

If they are only 1/6 there in any one place, would that allow 5 other water molecules to fit in the same spot as gery580 suggests?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Ever see a water droplet under varying frequencies? It makes various hexagonal patterns, including metatron's cube (at time 2:14). I'd like to hear your input regarding this phenomenon:

edit on 25-4-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

originally posted by: Bedlam

Think of them as being in six positions at the same time, but only 1/6 there in any one place.

If they are only 1/6 there in any one place, would that allow 5 other water molecules to fit in the same spot as gery580 suggests?

I don't think two particles in the same state can occupy the same space. That aside, probably not, because the central oxygen is not tunneling. That would keep you from superimposing them.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Ever see a water droplet under varying frequencies? It makes various hexagonal patterns, including metatron's cube (at time 2:14). I'd like to hear your input regarding this phenomenon:

That's just Chladni patterns in 3D. If you change the size of the drop, or the temperature of the water, you get different patterns. I guess it's interesting if you're into vibrational nodes/antinodes in liquids.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You have, in that explanation, rekindled my long forgotten love affair with quantum physics.

Thank you.

S&F OP

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

When you say the hydrogen atoms and the electrons exist in all positions, do you mean to say they are moving so fast (faster than we can detect) that it only appears they are in all positions?

It's more that the notion of an electron being in a particular position at a given instant in time doesn't really apply. Some of the electron is over here and some is over there. (Sort of).

The best you can say is that the electron's location, symbolically, can be derived from a function over space & time, but isn't really a single point. Back in conventional regimes (large quantities of atoms) this strange uncertainty doesn't matter quantitatively, so it looks like "as if" objects are exactly in one point in space at a given time as Newton said. But it's only an approximation.

No, you aren't expected to understand this intuitively. Your brain was evolved to understand classical (not quantum) behavior intuitively as that's what you deal with in everyday life. Rocks, fists, #, and food.

Or are you saying that they actually multiplied themselves to exist in all positions, and the water molecule now has more mass? Something from nothing...

Definitely not.
edit on 25-4-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
derr i hate to be captain obvious here, but what does water do? It gets things wet or saturates... doesnt matter if its a huge conglomerate covering an entire planet like neptune, most of a planet like eart, that half full glass with even small unseen water particles evaporation out as a gas making it um never full or empty where water is the application... so hey down to the atoms itself making up that larger conglomerate called water enmass, it is still going to have that saturation property that spreads of permeates...

Why dick around with beryl? The opal is already full of it...

<< 1   >>

join