It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The games of Rosicrucians, Illuminati, and other secret societies...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'd made an interesting discovery today. One of the Collectible Card Games (and Role-Playing game) called 7th sea features a secret society that gives 'bonuses' for doing things for The Rose and Cross. I didn't see the connection right away. Also, at my fav. gaming store that have something called "Illuminati: The Game". Question of motivation. Somebody trying to make a buck off of curiosities they know nothing about or possibly a channel of information and a way to peak people's interest into investigating becoming members? Facts and opinions please...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's an old but very fun game. I personally have well over 300 cards.
Here's their website.
www.sjgames.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It looks pretty fun. Might be the next thing i buy for myself.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have heard about the Illuminati card game, but not the 7th Sea game. And I am an RPG'er, myself, and I know just about every game. That's pretty weird, though. And there is a computer game called Illuminati: New World Order, or something.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
just wondering what the deal is with them but since we have those who play them, what are your impressions? And philosophy or leads to the real thing? I here there's also a book series called the Illuminati Triology that a friend used to read.

7th sea is a pirate-type CCG and RPG game in a parallel universe set up. Rose and Crown are kind of musketeer types of the 'Montaigne' (their version of the french). It's an order and somehow related to a corrupt Inquision-style religion. At first didn't seem obvious, but after doing some digging, now does. It's not one of the selling points of the game so I'm curious as to what it's doing there.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
In an attempt to find answers on another thread, I found the following Illuminati influences and thought it appropriate to report it here:

"A card from Steve Jackson's 1995 Illuminati card game foreshadowing the event's of 9/11 by six years."

"A card from Steve Jackson's 1995 Illuminati card game foreshadowing the event's of 9/11 by six years."

What do they know?

Let's see, "all-seeing eye" is expected, not sure what to make of the cogs, but doesn't that look like the branches/leaves from the U.N. symbol?

As far as the Rosicrucians. Here's the book I was referring to earlier:

Hm... looks like gamers are the target audience. Why is that?

[edit on 17-8-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

What do they know?

Maybe they planned the attacks!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
Maybe they planned the attacks!

Just wondering what the odds are of the 2 targets in the 9/11 attack were both pictured (and pretty graphically accurate) in one game. The World Trade Center's explosion on the card was not on the ground or below ground like the rare previous bombings, rather half way up the building. I don't think makers of games are the creator of societies, but rather the result of being an outlet and research. I'm wondering if Steve Jackson frightened himself after this event and started checking his sources. I don't know, just throwing it out there for ideas.

By the way, nice pyramind surrounded by the sun in your avatar pic

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Also of interest is a game called Rosicrucian Chess. Instructions for constructing the game pieces, Enochian Tablets used for play, and rules can be found in Dr. Israel Regardie's "A Complete Account of the Teachings, Rites, and Ceremonies of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn."

It is suggested that this game not be played until one is familiar with certain techniques of ceremonial banishings, preferably either the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (given in Regardie's book) or the Star Ruby (given in Crowley's "Magick In Theory and Practice").

Cug

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'd say the games are out there just because the subject is popular. Look how many people come here.

The The Illuminatus! Trilogy is (IMHO) what started the modern Illuminati "craze", quite a few of the theorys the NWO types seem to come directly from this book.

The author's web site www.rawilson.com...

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Also of interest is a game called Rosicrucian Chess.

AKA Enochian chess and I'd say you better know the hexagram rituals also.

F N O R D

[edit on 8/17/2005 by Cug]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Considering that the WTC had already been attacked previously, and that Pentagon has always been a strategic target, I don't think the cards necessarily predicted anything other than perhaps the obvious.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I guess I didn't need to put it up on the other thread if we were going to come over here. Thanks for coming along. The curiosity on the other one led me to some interesting finds I think.

Also of interest is a game called Rosicrucian Chess. Instructions for constructing the game pieces, Enochian Tablets used for play, and rules can be found in Dr. Israel Regardie's "A Complete Account of the Teachings, Rites, and Ceremonies of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn."

Jackpot! I'm going to need some time to research that.

It is suggested that this game not be played until one is familiar with certain techniques of ceremonial banishings, preferably either the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (given in Regardie's book) or the Star Ruby (given in Crowley's "Magick In Theory and Practice").

Again, need time for that! Thank you very much yet again.

Why are games being tied into secret societies and real-life practices with Majik? I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Occult symbols and concepts are often used in games.

for exemple, on the popular Game final fantasy 7, on the playstation and pc platform, the evil guy you have to defeat at the end is called sephiroth (from the kaballah)

In the popular online pc game, ''world of warcraft'', there is an knight order called the argent dawn (golden dawn), there is also a item you can wear which is called the ''mason fraternity ring'' (masons). There is also in this game a series of armor called ''armor of the caballist''.

There are tons of references like this ini various videogames / table games.

Cug

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The rules

www.totse.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

just wondering what the deal is with them but since we have those who play them, what are your impressions? And philosophy or leads to the real thing? I here there's also a book series called the Illuminati Triology that a friend used to read.

"The Illuminatus Trilogy" by Robert Anton Wilson

Here's a link with a small sample.

www.amazon.com...=dp_proddesc_0/103-5280583-7541404?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=283155

Kind of a unified theory of conspiracy theories.

Fun to read, but be sure to keep at least one foot in reality or paranoia could easily set in.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Just wondering what the odds are of the 2 targets in the 9/11 attack were both pictured (and pretty graphically accurate) in one game. T

The WTC i think had already been attacked by the time of the game. The pentagon didn't explode in real life either. The odds are decent, considering its an illuminati-mythology based game. The people that made it are definitly trying to appeal to an audience that is aware of the stories about the Illuminati. Similar to the popularity of the 'Illuminatus!" trilogy. fnord.

The Rose nad the Cross, BTW, is supposed to be a symbol for jesus. The cross (duh), with a rose affixed to it, representing christ in crucifixtion, bleeding.

external image

By the way, nice pyramind surrounded by the sun in your avatar pic

Another God symbol, this time God the Father.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild

for exemple, on the popular Game final fantasy 7, on the playstation and pc platform, the evil guy you have to defeat at the end is called sephiroth (from the kaballah)

I didn't pick up on that but, did pick up they had these two:

Shiva. "I'm blue ba da dee ba diii", she's blue and I think I know why...

and

Ifrit. Not a horn out of place. Things that make you go "hmmm...."

In the popular online pc game, ''world of warcraft'', there is an knight order called the argent dawn (golden dawn), there is also a item you can wear which is called the ''mason fraternity ring'' (masons). There is also in this game a series of armor called ''armor of the caballist''.

Ack! No! Not my World of Warcraft too! I knew of the other references that are familiar to my experiences and tried hard to ignore them. I had reservations to playing it because of them, but broke down and started playing because it is truly a sweet game from a gameplay and graphics stance. This is interesting and worth investigating for sure. I did notice quite a number of human quests that involved the stonemasons. Thanks for the research material!

There are tons of references like this ini various videogames / table games.

I'm sure and a lot more than we initially see, but the question I have is why?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm sure and a lot more than we initially see, but the question I have is why?

Initiates can be found all over the planet. Since Occultism is a very interesting subject when you start to get into it, Its just normal that game devellopers (and book authors, and artists etc etc) are going to use as many symbols as possible in their work. When you start to master the symbols and their meaning, you will of course use them in your everyday lives.

Another exemple with music : I am i huge psytrance music lover, and some of the artists in this scene have very revelating names : Opsis (greek word for vision, refers to the 3rd eye), Manibus (latin for hands, ''Babalon manibus plenis'' - Alesteir Crowley), The Delta (triangle, number 3, triad), Tetraktys (pythagorician concept, refers to YHWH, or yod he wav he, adonai, el shaddai, sabaoth etc), there is an ambient music label called the Chilluminati, etc etc.

Speaking of world of warcraft, i admit its a very interesting game. I enjoy it immensely, and i am in the top guild of my server (, on the lothar server) heres is my character profile on allakhazam, my character name is Semiramis (another symbolic name), And i am a Night Elf Druid. wow.allakhazam.com...

A:.L:.G:.D:.G:.A:.D:.M:.

Moonchild :.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by moonchild]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I don't think you'll be disappointed. The book contains all the initiation ceremonies up to the degree of Adeptus Minor, including the Ceremony of the Portal. It is also includes the installation ceremony for officers at the Equinox Celebrations.

Further, it contains all the formerly secret documents that were given to initiates of the Order which taught them the theories and practice of ceremonial magic. This book is indispensable to even the most casual student of secret societies and esoteric teachings.

Why are games being tied into secret societies and real-life practices with Majik? I don't get it.

I can only assume that this particular game was invented by an Adept of the Golden Dawn, perhaps Mathers, for the purpose of acquainting students with the Enochian system by playing a recreational game using the proper symbols. This also appears to be what happened to the Tarot, several Adepts invented a recreational fortune telling game for fun with the purpose of having more people come into contact with the Tarot symbolism.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Initiates can be found all over the planet.

I think that's the best answer. It is a conspiracy. A group of individuals in secrecy plotting to initate new membership to exercise some kind of dangerous power.

Since Occultism is a very interesting subject when you start to get into it, Its just normal that game devellopers (and book authors, and artists etc etc) are going to use as many symbols as possible in their work. When you start to master the symbols and their meaning, you will of course use them in your everyday lives.

I hope not...

Another exemple with music : I am i huge psytrance music lover, and some of the artists in this scene have very revelating names : Opsis (greek word for vision, refers to the 3rd eye), Manibus (latin for hands, ''Babalon manibus plenis'' - Alesteir Crowley), The Delta (triangle, number 3, triad), Tetraktys (pythagorician concept, refers to YHWH, or yod he wav he, adonai, el shaddai, sabaoth etc), there is an ambient music label called the Chilluminati, etc etc.

Good point about music. Though I'm not familiar with psytrance, I do enjoy large doses of techno, trip hop, industrial, etc. I have however thrown CDs away after realizing what was being said but this is a rare case. I try to keep my head clear of hate, fear, anger and such these days. Is Tetraktys of good moral theme or slamming it?

Speaking of world of warcraft, i admit its a very interesting game. I enjoy it immensely, and i am in the top guild of my server (, on the lothar server) heres is my character profile on allakhazam, my character name is Semiramis (another symbolic name), And i am a Night Elf Druid. wow.allakhazam.com...

A:.L:.G:.D:.G:.A:.D:.M:.

Moonchild :.

Ya! It's an excellent game though I don't have a uber like you've pictured there yet. I have joined friends in the [Rue Tang Clan] on Stormrage, but mostly play on Feathermoon since it's a role-play server. My main who is a Human Warrior has a guild....guess what it's called? That's right [Saints Crossing]
. The tabard is a gold cross on white background, gold boarder.

I've bumped into not only symbolism there, but some ideology that's shaken me up a bit. Not because it worries me, but the fact that it can draw other people in who are unaware of what's truly going on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join