It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my personal hypothesis why UFO sightings are less common. What's yours?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

If you can make metamaterials able to create double negative index refraction at certain em eave lengths what are the odds one of them would be that tinsy spectrum we call visible light?

But if that fails they do have another "legit" system that, excluding innocent physical maladies, will ensure you dont see a damned thing. Maybe one of the reasons a bloke could walk down the street, see something, but nobody else had. What was different with his senses?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I hypothesize that there are many uses for rhis technology.

Heavy lift capability to orbit.

Convenient clandestine capability to get into orbit without tipping off the whole world like with a rocket launch. Maybe for military vehicles, or, to launch sensitive satellites.

Early space exploration.

To set up "grow labs" in low gravity environments to make super refined materials you cant on earth that have profound technical and especially military applications. Perhaps to corner the market on meta materials.

To in the atmosphere operate as highly mobile platforms for either target acquisitions, reconn, comm nodes, etc.

To do the samething but in a long term loiter situation.

To, while working in pairs, set up passive Radar like screens that go from continent edge to continent edge like a electronic fence to secure our airspace from enemy stealth aircraft or intrusions.

To scour ours and allied territories at low altitudes to search for potential radiologicals and other stuff we dont want bad guys bringing into our country.

Psyops

Penetrating aerial electronic assault.

Hacking and espionage

Spoofing radar systems and sensors to open the door for other military assets

edit on 23-5-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

U2U'd you.

Yup, metamaterials is prolly what the X37-B is doing right now. Hope some day to find out.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The psy-ops... that is why they flash you (like a picture being taken) according to "he who shall not be named" it is to bounce the light off the back of your retina--it is like a finger print, that tech is. He called it "sparkle" which is a cute term!

I think I've had the "sparkle" in my eye three or four times now. I wonder if they lurk here on ats? Me thinks so. Hence the coy posts and not full on TEOT!

See the mach 7.5 scram jet post? I think NASA did a mach 10 run. The things floating around up there are faster. And quieter. The whole "throw an engine on back" like George Lucas in Star Wars is the bassackwards way of doing it. They do not allow the atmosphere to touch them, hence they are silent. Kind of like the cavitation stuff in liquid but applied to air.

And they can "walk the light from the tail to the nose" and let it back on its merry way if you know what I mean!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Yes indeed.

I'd say that multiple research organizations have probably noticed strange phenomenon in nature (or as an accidental side effect of high powered microwaves) and have been attempting to reverse engineer those phenomena.

Now THAT is probably as close to "real disclosure" as could be done right now...and it's not in the military industrial complexes interests to disclose their plasma research programs.

(As no nuts and bolts alien ship's have ever visited Earth in all likelyhood).

Kev

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: craterman

Close IMO. Jack Parsons and L Ron Hubbard practiced some conjuring magic in and around 1947. Even Crowley who inspired them disapproved. This was done in the area of Hells Gate California and is why that place is what it is. Their efforts opened a portal to another dimension from which the demons came. Think 1947 Roswell. Look up Crowley's Lam from way earlier. Look familiar?

Is there any evidence that Parsons was doing anything more than hand-waving and stringing words together? He might have thought he was 'conjuring' 'entities' and opening 'portals,' and yet it should be asked what made him special enough to succeed?

People have been 'conjuring magic' for as long as recorded history. Did he get the words in the right order? What differentiated him from the tribes of South America or any other practitioners who predate the rocket age?

Serious questions

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Logiciel

My theory:

Aliens are human time travelers from the future and come back to see what life was like on Earth thousands of years ago. If we get a good glimpse, one that makes the news and proves their 100% existence, they come back to the moments before, and stop that visit so we will be left in wonder. That's why they've been spotted as far back as ancient BC carvings on rocks and in caves.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UFOdanger

Fall of 1987 (I think)... I was 8 and I was helping my mom unload a couple bales of hay, it was dark out, so at least 6pm. 50 to 75 yards in front of us, just above the tree line, hovered a machine with red lights all around it. It looked a lot like the Sandcrawler in Star Wars. Not the entire shape, but just from the front. We both froze as we noticed it, then as my mom grabbed me by my hand and ran inside, it was gone in the blink of an eye. Back then, the town I lived in had a population of 500 and was a very small farm town. There have been at least two other sightings from my dad and my sister as well. Neither of which would come home and tell of a UFO sighting without being 100% sure they saw......something.

ETA: It was pretty big, but didn't make a single sound.
edit on 24-5-2016 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I agree. IMHO at least 95% of all so-called "magical systems" produce little or no effects, and the people who get caught up in those systems psychologically damage themselves.

I have to keep my mind open to the remaining 5% however.

None of those 3 individuals impressed me in the least, that's for sure.

Of course accidents can occur.

Who knows. Might have been part of the 5%.

Kev

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I thought they found the fantasy story where the LRH/Parsons Apocrypha story arises. (Sorry, no links.)

Mostly they were partying in LA and getting laid. Think they even swapped girl friends or some such. Had a falling out and went their ways. Then Jack Parson did blow himself up. The other created scientology.

And agree with KPB's post about them.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm reading "Sex and Rockets" after my current book; I'll be very interested to see what it says.

But in my opinion, sometimes total losers with delusions of grandeur and no actual knowledge of anything, sometimes "conjure up something" anyway.. It is known to happen in esoteric communities.

But to kick-start an entire era of "UFO" visitations as the result of such an accident (if that's what happened) does seem a bit far fetched. Could one person say, "give permission for our planet" to receive a 'wholesale invasion of otherworldly critters/machines"? I hope not!

Kev

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

But in my opinion, sometimes total losers with delusions of grandeur and no actual knowledge of anything, sometimes "conjure up something" anyway.. It is known to happen in esoteric communities.

Losers? Ever been to a meeting of the Native American Church or the UDV?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I am not talking about real practitioners.. I was talking about Wannabees.

I identify with both Native American and "summoning" both---as I thought you knew.

And nope.. never been to a meeting.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
That's easy. 99.9% of all UFO sightings were likely only unidentified because the person seeing it didn't know what they were seeing. These days, most people have access to the internet, and can look up what they think they saw, and easily identify it.

The rest are going to get lost in the noise: since everyone has a camera on them 24/7, any sighting by someone without one is hearsay and will be ignored. Any sighting by someone with a camera will either be shopped or ignored because half the people seeing the pictures will assume a shop, and the others will argue that the first half are wrong.

Hence -- we will never again see any convincing photographic evidence, and the point is completely moot.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: olaru12

I am not talking about real practitioners.. I was talking about Wannabees.

I identify with both Native American and "summoning" both---as I thought you knew.

And nope.. never been to a meeting.

Sorry, I just made the connection between esoteric communities and losers.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

Forgot about your post but just to show YOU don't understand what YOU are reading. I will post this bit of text again.

However, because its power is radiated over a large surface area, the power densities associated with these systems vary between 10 and 100 W/m2 within the site boundary. Outside the site boundary RF field levels are usually unmeasurable without using sophisticated equipment

Underlined above what do YOU think OUTSIDE the site boundary means

edit on 27-5-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008
You brought in the smaughtarse 'pot noodle' scenario to derail the thread,
Then you quoted the 'radar /site boundary' quotes to justify your flippancy
... so why don't you DEFINE?

Now to get back to original hypothesis...
corso / ufo / radar
P.S ever heard of the term 'beamwidth' or 'lobe'?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Less common these days? People used to call them UFOs, now it's all written off as drones, planes, wether phenomenon, marsh gas. Also maybe the government are getting better at chasing the away with modern tech. Maybe the UFOs took a look at Planet Earth, watched all mans inhumanity to each other and ceaseless mass murder of other species and thought 'let's go someweher a little more peaceful.'

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Of course I am saying this on assumption...
Perhaps they would love to help us but they understand our nature and know that they would be harmed should they try...
Imagine a benevolent race of beings so intelligent beyond comprehension obviously technologically advanced should they able to visit. Believe they have transcended to the mindset where murder and war are not even considered instead only seek harmony with all things...
Suppose if you will than they value all life and would risk not even the death of one of their own or to have to harm any other to defend themselves...
I am assuming they are mortal even if their natural mortality rates were far greater than ours or if they had altered themselves to live longer through technology...
With this line of thinking knowing that they are superior to us they would have the understanding that we are not ready to have this type of full interaction...
So a process would be needed to slowly introduce themselves by revealing things at a distance through brief sightings message conveyed through things like crop circles which only our greatest minds begin to comprehend and through abductions which would serve various purposes much like we would study any other biological life form. But perhaps also to elevate the Psyche also in order to further prove they are real. I would have to note that such accounts are fractured by memory blocks most likely to limit the trauma of the abducted yet traces remain enough to cause them to dwell upon it and share the accounts with others. Thus permeating the culture of mankind. I would like to add the safe return of the abductees as an important factor also. Because they
obviously cared enough not to destroy them through the process...
But the mist important factor I believe which prevents them from forth right interaction with mankind is the fact we are so far beneath them mentally that should they force communication what they would tell us would be lost on us through our stupidity or that the effects the information would reveal would destroy our grasp on reality in effect drive us insane...
I could go on with this view...
But instead I will offer another possibility...
These beings...Possibly many different races... Share the same comparable intelligence and technology perhaps some have even worked together to achieve such. Maybe a signal was made on Earth I dunno let's say it was a nuclear explosion that set forth gravitational waves into space. Then assume through their abilities this signal was not ignored but instead drew immediate interest. Upon investigating the scene derived that an mentally unstable race was making technological advancements that would see them enter into their realm of existence. They would surely percieve our nature as a threat. Perhaps they are doing nothing more than making sure we stay put until they can trust us.
I could also asume all of the above is true but also that there is another sort those who see no use for us and would destroy us fully. And there is conflict between those whom have no wish to destroy us and those that do. This way of thinking would leave me to believe that the positive ones have the greater capability because this has not happened in other words we are protected by them...
When you form this view and consider their opposite positive and negative agendas you could make correlations based on ancients texts of beings referred to as angels and fallen angels...
As for intervention there are many claims made by those who witnessed natural disasters fukushima being only one of them that say they saw UFOs on the scene...
Also they have done things like display the ability to cause weapons systems to go on line and off line and even rendered nuclear materials useless...
I don't think we would be permitted to destroy ourselves or our planet...
I hope I gave you something to think about...
If not thank you for letting me share my thoughts with you...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join