It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands in Georgia finding out they are no longer eligible for food stamps

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Sincerely, if you can't provide for yourself and there's nobody on this earth willing to provide for you, you have zero value to society and its best we go our separate ways.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamesismadson

Sorry but simply existing as a human being does not obligate someone to do anything for society. There are serial killers and rapists that get fed every day and a roof over their heads that are a liability.. why take care of them? Likewise there are poor, there are severely disabled.. why should they have to pay for your ideals of how society should be?
edit on 26-4-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Umm ok, they are not talking about people that cant work. If you have a provable excuse then you still qualify. Whats the problem here?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I dont agree with that one LOL. If we took care of everyone that needed it and no one gamed the system it would be a very small percentage we would be taking care of. Those that cant provide for themselves do have value in my eyes. That is part of our humanity.. Unless I misunderstood you there?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: riley

Sorry but simply existing as a human being does not obligate someone to do anything

Exactly, and likewise society owes nothing to anyone for simply existing.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RepealTheLaw

And what is their value? It seems you like to talk a big game but when push comes to shove you value your computer more than the starving bum. Seems that you personally place little value in the starving bum but can't bring yourself to admit your computer is more valuable to you than the starving bum.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Jamesismadson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

There are billionaires that contribute nothing to society except for treating people like slaves to make more money off. Do you let them off the hook or is it just the most vulnerable you want to send separate ways?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: riley

I assume the 'slaves' you're referring to are employees? Are employees, both free to quit and protected by expansive law, really slaves? It seems these billionaires do have great utility to both their employees and society, else their employees would quit and society would discontinue use of their products and or services, no?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamesismadson
a reply to: riley

I assume the 'slaves' you're referring to are employees? Are employees, both free to quit and protected by expansive law, really slaves? It seems these billionaires do have great utility to both their employees and society, else their employees would quit and society would discontinue use of their products and or services, no?

Not just employees. Predatory sociopaths who make money off harming others. Like Pharmaceutical companies. Like those involved with the Flint crisis. Like those who allow priests to rape children. Like those who are refusing to treat the planet with some respect and are poisoning the air for those who do try contribute to society.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So many people here are ignoring the part of the OP that mentions VOLUNTEER work. Yeah, maybe a bunch of welfare or food stamp recipients are not able to find or perform employment. But there is always some type of volunteer work that needs to be done somewhere that anyone of any physical or mental capability or impairment can do. Unless you are in a coma or suffer from severe developmental disability you can do volunteer work.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Komodo

First of all, I've never minded helping out those who are at least trying, until they get on their feet. It's the people that refuse to even bother trying that piss me off.

couldn't

agree

More~!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

originally posted by: Komodo
Here's something I've been talking over with a close friend of mine.. and running through the 'what if's..."

hmmmm....running the numbers on this .. we are facing, possible bigger issue(s) that will, if not curbed, will have deep ramifications ...

Let me recap this .. 500,000 alone, or less, in Oregon will NOT receive food stamps .. that's $200.00/month, even for those working part-time......when people run out of food and water ...there's an issue...or am I just stretching this too far...?

Math doesn't lie..
Oregon Demographics

I had not intended to post in this thread again but I just ate something that must have contained some tin foil.. With all the riot gear and training having gone on, plus all the super ammo purchases by our loving government, everything is in place for "CIVIL UNREST"..

When people have nothing else to lose, and their lives are so miserable they feel it is no longer worth living... Think about it... It was my understanding many years ago welfare was a form of buying off the rioters and the people who would otherwise cause problems. Vote for us and we will give you free stuff that we take from other people in the form of taxes; because you are more deserving than those who got an education and have a job which makes money that we can take...

Free housing, free food, free electric and you are better off than a very large percentage of the world's population.... anyway just a thought, right or wrong....

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
We can fight all day but at the end of it there should be an individual case by case allotment of these funds, I live on a council estate, I've not always lived on one so I have a balanced view but whether people like it or NOT there are MANY people who live on estates etc who live the entitlement life and as did their parents before them...FACT..

We have families who do not work, never have worked and worse still, do not ever want to work because they get more being on benefits and doing nefarious things than they could if they worked, again, fact.

We have people who still live the old "have loads of kids and get a place to live" ideals, I live next to 2 families doing the same and I can point out that in the three conjoined blocks made up of 18 flats in total that 2 families actually work, the rest do not and I'm talking entire families and parents who have never worked, that is one set of blocks where there are 100 plus of these 18 flat blocks on this part of the estate alone....Again, fact...

This is an epidemic here and I'll repeat what was said to us when we first moved here, I was talking to one of the parents about my daughter and she said she is very bright, I replied thank you and that we hope she's going to do well and get a decent job which brought about this amazing response, "why bother, she's from an estate". I was gob smacked, thinking she was feeling down trodden after being on the dole for ages I said that every one has a chance if they bother to which she said "why?, I get enough for food and fags and have a roof over my head".

What is worse here is that the ones that don't work are almost all able to work, apart from being too weighty they have no disabilities or illnesses, they have SKY TV, do drugs, smoke and drink, not all of them but lets say most do. They ARE milking the system, we have youth who would rather deal drugs than get legal work, we have others that would rather perform petty crime such as burglary than work. These are people who were given a new community centre to motivate them, they stripped it clean and burnt it down.

Now I look at places in the US and see an appalling mess that makes here look almost decent but I see at the core the same style of entitlement culture that want to do NOTHING to earn it, I see people that have children galore but have no issue fighting in mass brawls in front of those children knowing those children will be repeating the cycle.

So yes, stopping those who fail to want to work and make no effort to do it should lose benefits, those in charge should look at each case but unless there's solid proof of an issue then no extra benefits, these benefits are not an endless pot these people can just demand, they come from the hard working people and they have the right to demand it only goes to the needy and not the lazy. Make people who can work do something for that money, if they refuse cut it there and then and other benefits may be cut also.

When one says, how am I going to feed my eight kids, tell her to ask the dads to pay, when they say they don't know who or where they are then say they are living beyond their needs, go to food banks and not give cash to them.

Am I cruel, perhaps but the simple fact is that as numbers rise the benefits system starts to break, at no point should it be an appeal to be on benefits and whether the liberals like it or not I can say from common close by knowledge that MANY / FAR TOO MANY CHOOSE BENEFITS, they also avoid education and choose crime because its gets them more money FAST.

You don't congratulate a child for being bad, as we sort out the leeches it will become easier to help the real cases but at the moments the numbers mean those that need the help often escape getting it because they are hidden behind the wall of leeches that are demanding everything...
edit on 27-4-2016 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Oh and about Civil Unrest....We had it here a few years ago, technically it was supposed to be a protest about a local drug dealer that was killed by the Police, the protest soon turned in to riots and it wasn't about this common criminal dying, it was about greed and freebies.

We had people on our estate getting Blackberry messages co-ordinating where to meet and what shops to target, places like Argos (a shopping chain for electrical and home goods) were instantly hit, people were coming out with 50" TV's, so much for the common cause of a Police killing. And then we had the wanton destruction, shops being burnt out just for the evil pleasure of it, add to that the muggings galore, the shootings, the pure greed. This wasn't about being poor, coming from underprivileged communities or the dead criminal, it was simply sub human crime because it was easier to do when the Police forces are stretched. These people put small businesses out of business because they could not afford to restock and rebuild, it was only luck that no one (afaik) lost their life.

For the most part it was the people who refuse to work but lets not believe the banner of BLM or poverty etc are the overpowering reason for civil unrest, its as much the ability to steal being used by all folks of all colours and religions, Just look at footage of the Rodney King based riots, where do you see people protesting as opposed to people using it to commit as much crime as they can, oh sure there was anti white crime in there but I saw more people of all races walking along with electrical goods than I saw anything else..

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

The republican party likes suffering and wars and making rich people richer. I should side with that philosophy. No thanks. I know one person who collects a check because he has cerebral palsey. He can't walk, stand, or use his hands. What do you want him to do? You want him to die. No thanks.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

And the Dems like buying votes with taxpayer money and keeping people dependent on the plantation system.

Aren't generalizations fun

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This is definitely not Sparta my friends.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

It was not democrats that poisoned 9000 children in Flint, MI. That was not an accident, that was a deliberate act to save money. I will take democrats philosophy of helping people any day.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Democrats like Danye Walling and Susan Hedman.... oh wait, the buck only stops at the top when it's a Republican.

Both parties screwed the citizens of Flint and to use the victims as a political tool is a typical Democrat ploy. Any more bodies to stand on?

+EDIT - do you even know why Flint was moved to the Flint River as a source in the first place?

edit on 27-4-2016 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

You need to research what happened in Flint. It only happened because of the republican philosophy of tax cuts, as Snyder promised. People are dying because of that philosophy that only money has the right to security and freedom. And the republcian party is irrelevant now and I take comfort in that.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join