It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands in Georgia finding out they are no longer eligible for food stamps

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
*BEFORE YOU POST, LISTEN TO THE VIDEO~! NOT ALL OF US ARE ABLE TO JUST GO OUT AND GRAB A JOB~TRUST ME, THE RABBIT HOLE GOES DEEPER THAN MOST BELIEVE! PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE PEOPLE WHO ARE STUCK AND DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS UNTIL YOU HEAR THEIR STORY*

Need some confirmation on this news, it's also being reported on RT New (which, is why I'm requesting confirmation); I knew about 3 months ago this was coming and about 2 months ago, I thought it was already in place since I had to renew my app for EBT, which is odd, since I remember doing it just 3 months before. If this is true and the states/Gov are implementing the rule, then...you can do your own 'math'.

I'm really hoping that this isn't so but......

OH MY GOD! I thought you were completely joking...then sadly, I realized you weren't. Let me get this straight. You have a smartphone? Apple or Android? So you thought this was already happening because you had to renew your app??? You have apps on your smartphone and downloaded the update...right?

You can afford a few hundred dollars for a smartphone and about $70 per month for the service but need money from us to feed you?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The person in particular who pulled this off lives in Oregon. Yeah just tell the doctore you have anxiety and need a pet and they print out a pass you can use to waive pet fees if you are renting etc.

AdmittedIy I cant say for sure she is a bull#ter but the time I spent around her she was loud and outgoing and I honestly never saw one shred of anything like anxiety.

I know what anxiety is as I have suffered with it and post traumatic stacked several times over though I have not told a doctor about it for lack of being able to get the doctors and just being stubborn and trying to tuff it out. (going to soon)

They can shove all their pills up their asses though.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: yuppa

bad advice probably, unless it gets impossible for him to work...
first he might be earning more now than he could possibly get from disability..
and well, I'm not sure, but he might end up waiting a good time with no income..
by working, he is proving to them that he can work, he could get disability, maybe, but him working reduces his chances considerably. and well, unless he can prove that he had a disablility that prevented him from working, there's something like a three or four month waiting period.... and well the max that pays out is a little over $700 dollars.

All true EXCEPT with his injury severe enough he would get approved very fast. And no there is not a waiting period. an dno i will get what i made working my job on my case. they base it on your past income.
edit on 16000000pppm by yuppa because: reasons lol

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stabstab
a reply to: Psychonautics

I would go as far as to say that you are making your own choice to suffer through it and thats good for you but I gotta tell you that working two jobs with an old injury like that is just stupid in my mind but again to each his own.

When was still working I did that alot too walk around with broken ribs, foot bones, torn up knees that would literally bend inward randomly where I had to catch myself with the other leg so as not to fall.

Finally I figured why should I keep doing this until my body is kaput I mean I deserve to preserve what little of my health I have left and I am fine with being broke as hell or no money at all having made such a choice.

Then again I know several people who are able bodied but they go in and whine about anxiety next thing you know they are walking around with an anxiety animal and a thousand dollar check every month when we have people with far far worse health conditions going flat out ignored by doctors and they Social Security system.

I'm actually only 23 years old, and I would never qualify for any kind of assistance, I can bet you that. My roommates mother died of cancer while waiting for assistance, she had applied multiple times over the course of five years.

Like I said, there are plenty of legitimate cases where people need help, but I don't believe it's the majority, and if you don't live around it, you wouldn't know. I see some disgusting behavior where I live, and this has nothing to do with bigotry. I live near one of the top 50 most dangerous cities in the United States, and I live in an apartment complex that has been inundated with these types of people, white, black, Hispanic it doesn't matter.

They live in 1660 dollar a month apartments and drive BMWs and they take their EBT card and shop at Family Dollar, they play the system. I live directly next door to these types of people, I used to have them as customers in my place of work.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

Wow. Hey -
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. It's not okay. Not at all.

"tuffing it out" is making it more difficult than it needs to be, but I also understand it - my husband is an accident-prone, hypervigilant, hyper-reactive anxious fellow suffering from PTSD, who finally accepted help and is doing better.

I hope you do tell the doctors - they need to know.
Even if they don't know what to do - they need to know that they need to know, and they need to learn what to do....you see what I mean?

It's the only way medical education gets improved - when people speak up, and practitioners are forced to recognize the issue.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Holy cow! You must be on one of the coasts, right?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm sure most of them have some type of transportation or knows somebody who does. With hundreds of dollars worth of food stamps on the line I'm sure they'll find a way to relocate.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
there is a waiting period if you are talking about social security disability, I just went through it..

If you are eligible for Social Security disability benefits, there is a five-month waiting period before we can begin your benefits. We will pay your first benefit for the sixth full month after the date we find your disability began.

for those five month, it was SSI only...

as far as his actual payments would be, I can't say for sure, since I will be drawing survivor's benefits and not disability. I am just assuming it would be.. seems logical

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Holy cow! You must be on one of the coasts, right?

Less than an hour south of Boston.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: korath

With starvation on the line, I'm sure you'd find a way relocate also! See, here in the US of A, there shouldn't be people who are that desperate.
If you know of fraud going on, then you need to say something to the authorities. Otherwise, myob. You don't know the situations of the people who find themselves requiring federal aid.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
hey it's now a necessity for kids to have home internet!!

connecthome.hud.gov...

ya see this is what gets me, they can pay for kid's internet, but they will let people starve or die without healthcare. their priorities seems to be a tad bit screwed up!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

ahh, there's plenty of edible weeds growing in their yard, if they have one, they'll be just fine!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This kind of stuff kind of irritates me. In these times it shouldn't be difficult for a species to mass produce food so no one starves. Given that you don't ask to be born into this world and you can't even just settle somewhere and grow your own food, others should be forced to at least provide it.

This civilization is deranged. How can a people claim all territory, force you into existence then tell you you have to do what they want or go away and starve to death?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I doubt their starving, no food banks or soup kitchens in the area? I never said anything about fraud, and if the people who Do know their situations cut them off, I doubt it was that bad in the first place. Able bodied and no dependents? Go find a job.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
On June 5, 1933, Congress passed House Joint Resolution 192, which effectively seized all the gold (both coin and currency) of citizens within the United States and made it illegal for anyone to use them. These promptly went to the United States Treasury, and the Federal Reserve settled for collecting all the assests of the US Treasury, which meant all the gold.

What did we get in return? Monopoly money, debt coupons, i.e. Federal Reserve Notes to play with and the illusion that we could buy and "own" things. The back and forth in this thread is appalling in that most are merely concerned about who's "pulling their weight" when ALL of us have and continually are robbed of our future(s).

EVERYONE is entitled to reap whatever benefits we can from the Fed as we have already been ripped of our assests long ago.

As far as the taxpayers who complain about it coming out of their pockets? I'm willing to bet a MAJORITY of you don't even have clue as to even why you ARE paying taxes! Oh, that's right... Because the IRS says so...truly pathetic. WE ARE ALL SLAVES TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE! And good slaves always complain to master when another slave isn't towing the line thinking it will somehow differentiate them from the so-called "lazy asses".

Really... wake up already.
edit on 25-4-2016 by EternalShadow because: ..

edit on 25-4-2016 by EternalShadow because: sentence structure

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BoredToDeath

The problem has never been about how much we can produce.

We're able to feed, cloth, house and even job every single being on this planet.

The reason we haven't is not about us not having enough, it's not profitable, so we just allow some to have more than others.

We're all waking up because we're all being forced too, hunger in many forms tends to do that.

We're a very greedy species who only need the few to screw it up for the all since the all never work together to solve problems.
edit on 25-4-2016 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

APPLAUSE! medal medal
applause!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I was thinking either they will move or get knocked up.

I live in a poor community and I personally know many women that openly admit they started having babies at 16 because their young mom was STILL having babies and needed them gone; but with bad grades and no job skills they needed their own baby to get into the system. There are VERY few jobs here, but I had a mom that worked two and made it happen soooooo get a job. Take assistance if you need it, but only as a temporary step towards self-reliance.

I stay "rich" by living like I'm poor (well inside my means), but it feels like the poor stay poor by living like they're rich (living outside their means). Just a thought.

a reply to: korath

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Believe it or not, I do an annual survey of my yard and we do have plenty of edibles...many people don't, however. We are also in an area with plenty of deer, squirrels, birds, rabbits, fish, etc. We will not starve.

Others might - depending on where they live, and how over-worked or poisoned their 'yard' is.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I took time to learn some of the wild vegetation that is growing around here, mainly because well, you never know... and I'd rather be eating the weeds everyone else rejects than having to fight them for the few scrapes of food that might be available.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join