It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami Buoy in "EVENT MODE" off New Jersey - Sudden 180' Water Depth Change

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Obviously, I cant vouch for the truthfulness of any YouTube video
but I thought you OP, might find it interesting considering the topic.

The description says huge wave anomaly spotted over upper east coast.

not sure it's ground/sea related though.

To add, since the official reason is now given as the, " buoy triggered an 'event' situation while undergoing routine maintenance" I could still say a sub,
but....I don't know how that system works, while the super duper system DART works by measuring the wavelength, (as in a wave) and the formula of depth appears to be something like half the length of the wave.
edit on 25-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Of course there are Russian subs of the coast... maybe Chinese? North Korean?...............ooh! My tin foil hat is buzzing! A USO! Yeah! Freakin ALIENS MAN!!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gravitized
This site has gone to # lately; none the less, posts such as this help me sleep at night knowing that someone, somewhere, is watching the buoy data. I love you man. And thank you ATS.

A star for being smarmy. Jeez, aren't you the clever one? Sleep well gravitized. Sleep well in all your contemptible cleverness.
edit on 25-4-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: small

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Surfy, THAT is interesting!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Instrument calibration reset.

Are they GPS operated, barometric, or do they use sonar?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: qiwi676

Man it must have taken a lot of force to cause a 180' depth differential.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: itsallmaya
hisz.rsoe.hu...

RSOE finally has reported it and categorized it as an "other" event. Be interesting to see what transpires.

Thank you ATS for informing me of this situation (and scaring the crap out of me!). LOL

Interesting while looking at that one there is another event nearby that is dated today but the fire has been reported for at least a day already.

A meteorite strike may be the cause of a massive brush fire in Bowie, according to the Bowie Volunteer Fire Department. The possible meteorite strike happened around 5 p.m. Sunday in the woods behind the Scarlett Oak Terrace, just off Maryland Route 450. It took firefighters several hours to bring the fire under control, WJZ reported. WJZ said firefighters later discovered a hunk of what appears to be meteorite lying at the bottom of a cratered patch of earth, surrounded by the splintered and charred remains of tree limbs.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Release the Kraken....!!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Haha. To be honest, that was my first thought when I read the article. No joke.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I just noticed last night on a different website that there was a "strange wave anomaly" forming off the coast of NJ and NY... Honestly, I didn't read the article, but from the radar photo they showed on the cover (granted it was a real photo) it looked pretty massive.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

hisz.rsoe.hu...

RSOE finally has reported it and categorized it as an "other" event. Be interesting to see what transpires.

Thank you ATS for informing me of this situation (and scaring the crap out of me!). LOL

Interesting while looking at that one there is another event nearby that is dated today but the fire has been reported for at least a day already.

A meteorite strike may be the cause of a massive brush fire in Bowie, according to the Bowie Volunteer Fire Department. The possible meteorite strike happened around 5 p.m. Sunday in the woods behind the Scarlett Oak Terrace, just off Maryland Route 450. It took firefighters several hours to bring the fire under control, WJZ reported. WJZ said firefighters later discovered a hunk of what appears to be meteorite lying at the bottom of a cratered patch of earth, surrounded by the splintered and charred remains of tree limbs.

Good catch! I guess we will never know the truth. I find the routine maintenance explanation hard to swallow. Wouldn't they have figured it out right away?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Good catch! I guess we will never know the truth. I find the routine maintenance explanation hard to swallow. Wouldn't they have figured it out right away?

The thing I noticed is that once upon a time you could select any buoy that was yellow and view it, now you can only select ones in 'event mode'. This chaneed a while ago I remember mentioning it on a post but it had no significance I guess. The view of the map changed like it is today as opposed to being similar to USGS where you are able to choose any earthquake. Now why would they allow a bouy with such anomalous readings show if they can control which ones can be viewed?

One other thing that has happened and is not related to the bouys but has changed, is the ability to monitor Yellowstone see here and here for changes. Thread drift over

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Since these 'depth gauges' operate on bouncing signals off the bottom of the ocean it had to be something passing between the buoy and the bottom.

Maybe it was an an alien submarine disguised as a whale.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Since these 'depth gauges' operate on bouncing signals off the bottom of the ocean it had to be something passing between the buoy and the bottom.

Sonar..hmm...An extreme Low pressure system passed over or lunar pull decreased the water density under the buoy.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psychonautics
Isn't 180ft depth displacement a bit much for a sub? I mean, how exactly would that happen in the open ocean?

I'm gonna guess malfunction.

OUTTA BOX
It depends, if its a high advanced USO cutting a wake as it travelled passed or had enter / exit the ocean then it could be possible Psychonautics. Again outta box

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: intrptr

Sonar..hmm…An extreme Low pressure system passed over or lunar pull decreased the water density under the buoy.

You mean tides? They don't displace 180 feet of water column, on one buoy, one time. The cycle would repeat itself if it was the moon. "Event Mode" is triggered by specific conditions, anomalies or instrument 'glitches'.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

There is only one problem I see with the tsunami scenario. Correct me if I am wrong, but when tsunamis are in the deep water, they are only a couple of inches to a foot in height. They only raise up when they get close to shore. The only thing that would make this kind of depth change is a meteor strike or a huge uplift of the sea floor. So its either a malfunction or some unknown phenomena.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

There is only one problem I see with the tsunami scenario. Correct me if I am wrong, but when tsunamis are in the deep water, they are only a couple of inches to a foot in height. They only raise up when they get close to shore. The only thing that would make this kind of depth change is a meteor strike or a huge uplift of the sea floor. So its either a malfunction or some unknown phenomena.

What could cause the sea floor to rise up without triggering alarms on any seismographic instruments?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Superstation95 makes up a good HALF of it's articles. NONE that they post on natural disasters are correct. They were absolutely certain that the city I live in was going to bne destroyed by a ' giant water sieche' at one time.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

hisz.rsoe.hu...

The same thought occurred to me because NASA, the military and the USGS actually responded to the original query instead of finding out if it was due to maintenance first.

The maintenance crew could have neglected/forgot to turn the thing off before servicing it. I think the reason they began shutting them off in the first place before maintenance was because after the system went online there was a lot of people monitoring them and anytime an anomaly appeared the info would be posted all over the Internet. They probably grew tired of reassuring people it was only maintenance causing the event mode to kick in.

Something I noted: the buoy is out beyond the Continental Shelf in deep water and I'm not sure how a tsunami would act once it hypothetically hit the shelf break -- the shelf break being where the shelf drops off into deep water. If it was a meteorite, the water displacement would be different, it seems.

There was a comment underneath a YouTube video I happened to see from someone who lives near or on the Jersey shore seeing a fireball coming straight down out over the water around that time. I think I should check NUFORC. Maybe there will be reports posted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join