It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study claims Africa is poor because of too much diversity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: masterp

Horse crap.

I know Africans and the ones I know are highly intelligent and caring people.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Not remotely.

I am well aware there are differences in Africa between the regions. But there are also difference in Europe between the different areas there too, so what of it?

Fact remains, the study claimed that diversity is making them poor. If it makes them poor, then it would also make others poor too. The implication is that different areas of the world should be ethnically cleansing their regions by sending everyone home.

Clearly, you don't like that idea, but that's the implication of the study cited in the OP.

You misunderstood the post you reacted to.
Of course there are slight differences in European people, but what the post meant was very probably that there is an actual genetic difference between N-Africans and Sub-Saharan Africans. Europeans and Asians and N-Africans have all Neanderthal genes in their DNA, this is almost completely lacking in Sub-Saharan humans.

Meaning that somewhere along the lines, we all made a little 'loooove' to Neanderthals and created the hybrid offspring, where we came from. Sure you are still a Homo Sapiens Sapiens with or without the Neanderthal DNA but their traits WILL have some kind of influence on something.

Now what does it mean in real life? Your guess is as good as mine.

There are tons of papers out there for anyone to read [tried to give a link but there is just too much to chose from and people here have their own idea as to what constitutes a good link, so interested people should just google it themselves.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: masterp
My pet theory on why Africa is so poor is the following:

The darker a human is, the more animistic his/her behavior is.

In other words, the human body, when it has a lot of melanin, and a host of other attributes, clouds the mind with emotions that take over the human's behavior, which in turn focus the person into a sort of behavioral autism, making the person more inclined to repeat/mimic behaviors of other persons in its surroundings than understanding itself and forming its own behavioral patterns.

That is the reason so many tribes are dark-skinned and also live in a primitive way on our planet.

It's not only about Africa, it's a worldwide phenomenon.

And it's not black and white either. Many societies that are not so white, for example Mediterranean people, or Middle-East people, also exhibit this, albeit in a smaller degree than the darker of tribes.

Really ?? Masterp you are sighting biological determinative , not social or environment ie cultural?? , well as a history buff I can tell you the ancient Greeks and Romans did not think highly of very white skinned folks, and although they placed themselves as the perfect example of what a man is supposed to be, not under cooked as the far northerners or over baked as the darker Kemitians and Ethiopians they placed them as higher than northerners in social skills ,civility and intellect, today they would be shocked to find how much the world has changed.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

For one, this isn't the Stone Age. Resource scarcity doesn't apply in the same sense it might have 200 years ago. I'm pretty sure you can still order a pizza in the winter in Moscow. The more interesting thing, to me, are the so-called liberal utopias. They're some of the least diverse places on the planet... yet apparently also the happiest, most wealthy, most educated, most everything!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

But diversity IS Marxist.Its probably their main weapon.

As for 'freedom', true freedom is being left alone without having such things as diversity FORCED on you.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
That's funny because I was reading how Africa is embracing the Chinese and their way of government over the western style of government.

Apparently they don't think what we do works for them and I tend to agree. Different strokes for different folks.

The Chinese are not wanted in Africa one bit.Even the leaders are saying they would rather have the westerners back and have jobs created(like the westerners did) rather than just being exploited like the Chinese are doing.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viking9019

originally posted by: onequestion
That's funny because I was reading how Africa is embracing the Chinese and their way of government over the western style of government.

Apparently they don't think what we do works for them and I tend to agree. Different strokes for different folks.

The Chinese are not wanted in Africa one bit.Even the leaders are saying they would rather have the westerners back and have jobs created(like the westerners did) rather than just being exploited like the Chinese are doing.

Iam sure that the Chinese are gonna do what's best for the Chinese it's up to Africans to do what's best for Africans, but the west have been mucking about in Africa and have got dick to show for it other than their own inflated bank account, they controlled how much they will pay for African products instead of the other way around, they are extremely meddlesome and paternalist installing corrupt regimes that lasted 30 or 40 yrs , funding proxy wars while at the same time their media decry the fallout from those wars and mismanagement as how hopelessly backwards Africans are..they intern get a high off giving feel good Aid with stringent conditions, this time around Africans have at least breathing space and room to maneuver and it shows in a dramatic way, but all is not dependent on China go to the vid a pg or two back, the west are seeking to come back but with new attitude hopefully and not the same ol same ol.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Africa was fine before the invaders and colonizers came , raped the people and their land which continues to this very day. now they have corrupt leadership financed by america, asia and others .

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
Africa was fine before the invaders and colonizers came , raped the people and their land which continues to this very day. now they have corrupt leadership financed by america, asia and others .

What is your excuse for Chicongo, Hotlanta, Trinibad, Venezuela, Dominican Repubsick, Hatiti, Columbia, etc.

All high population of blacks, all garbage.

Probably white peoples fault....

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

You should move there and do your part, it's easy to live in comfort and in contradiction, while doing nothing to help.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamesismadson

originally posted by: magnetik

What is your excuse for Chicongo, Hotlanta, Trinibad, Venezuela, Dominican Repubsick, Hatiti, Columbia, etc.

All high population of blacks, all garbage.

Probably white peoples fault....

You know anyone can throw out some pretty damming examples of "white nations " and neighborhoods and contrast that with high end black ones and just say they are garbage because the inhabitants are "white" and leave no context as to why and how, like this maliciously lopped sided vid below.

The point of this vid is to show how media focus on the ills of Africa and the diaspora but never what lays behind curtain #3, because from your stand point if I am reading you correctly no "Black" nation , community or perhaps individual should have been able to do better than any white ones.too bad Greece don't have a sugar daddy such as Angola to bail them out like they did/are doing with , Portugal even if they are corrupt and much work needed to be done in areas outside the capitol of Luanda.

Cash-rich Angola comes to cash-strapped Portugal The relationship between Portugal and its former colony is fraught — but hardly unique.

Soon, Angolans had substantial stakes in the commanding heights of the Portuguese economy, from the banking sector and telecommunications, to the media and energy. The pattern of acquisition mixed state-led investments by the national oil company Sonangol with ostensibly private, but regime-connected, investors such as President dos Santos’ daughter Isabel, now one of Portugal’s wealthiest citizens. Angolans became the leading buyers of prestige real estate, acquired old-money Port wine estates and kept crisis-hit luxury restaurants and retail shops afloat. Soon Portugal’s media was replete with portraits of the “new settlers” and tales of Angolan excess. By 2012, an estimated 200,000 Portuguese nationals were also living in Angola as service providers paid by the spectacular oil boom. But their presence in Luanda, lucrative in terms of remittances, was often perceived as a further instance of Portuguese exposure to Angolan whims, not as a sign of interdependence.
www.politico.eu...

This is not Chicongo as your snide racist remark would have it, but a very boring town with majority Black welltodos and it's not a stand alone.
And your post side stepped the Bahamas as a nation ran by black folks and the 3rd wealthiest in the Americas , but off course when you are in the business of managing rich peoples money you will become rich yourself.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

You really trying to compare Europe to Cameroon using a youtube video?? I googled Cameroon and the average male life span was 54 and the number one cause of death was AIDS. Show me any european country with a lower average male life span. Nigeria 52 years. No worries they got a mall on youtube. Get real.

Heres second paragraph of Angola wiki, figure it out.

Although its territory has been inhabited since the Paleolithic Era, modern Angola originates in Portuguese colonization, which began with, and was for centuries limited to, coastal settlements and trading posts established from the 16th century onwards. In the 19th century, European settlers slowly and hesitantly began to establish themselves in the interior.

De Sota, Texas your golden boy. Medium household income 60 k. Only issue is 7 COUNTIES in Ohio have a higher medium household income than your golden boy.

You in the nation of islam or what else is messing with your reality man? I get its a tough pill to swallow but it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamesismadson

No I am not trying to compare Europe to any nation in Africa just the crappy parts to more affluent part, which in your world view should not exist because they are simply black, and Colonization is a two way street, who was colonizing Iberia about 1000yrs back until 1491.

Iike I said there are many more communities like this other than De Sota which is not even the most affluent one, but you felt free to list all of your urban hell holes and I will list those that aren't.
And Nation of Islam?? me?? in a religious org..now that's funny should I peg you for a Klans man or a Nazi...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I see. So you're saying there's not one majority black coubtry that as a whole is as developed as any majority white country. The closest you can come to competing with ehite society is a yet to be named city in the 80% whits USA. I'm just normal Anetican, we're all familiar with white flight.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

edit on 27-4-2016 by Jamesismadson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamesismadson

I see. So you're saying there's not one majority black coubtry that as a whole is as developed as any majority white country. The closest you can come to competing with ehite society is a yet to be named city in the 80% whits USA. I'm just normal Anetican, we're all familiar with white flight.

I just showed you Bahamas, and there are more depending on where one is searching and comparing , is it me or are you drinking right now,
What is the following??
there's not one majority black coubtry
ehite society
I'm just normal Anetican
Too many typos, we all make them at least I do, but this is too much for one post..if you are drunk then get off the key board and sleep it off.

edit on 27-4-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure how it fits into the puzzle of African economy as a whole but I was confused when back in college in Athens, two friends of mine at school were from Zimbabwe and had moved to Athens for college. They were Greek-Zimbabwean (or so they said they had two Greek parents but were born in Zimbabwe) and said there was a decent size Greek community there. They spoke Greek English (with an American accent go figure) and two or three African languages, they always wore designer couture, drove fancy cars back home, lived in what most people would call a mansion walls and security fences and all, could easily find recreational drugs and laughed at the notion of ever getting in trouble if they got caught by police in what I thought was a tough on drugs part of the world, they regularly traveled and went to Abu Dhabi or Dubai for shopping, and just really changed what I thought of Zimbabwe. That is until I looked up some statistics and no, Zimbabwe even in its capital is not some decently performing economy boasting sprawls of upper middle class and upper class suburbs. Now I know the fact is simply some folks are living like kings among men and in my experience its the visitors doing so. I wish I remembered what the parents did...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join