It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study claims Africa is poor because of too much diversity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
a reply to: Spider879

Just understand that if you are defending this commie study, that adding significant Chinese trade to Africa will only add more diversity to the population. When ethnic cleansing comes around will those of Chinese descent get spared? I mean they wouldn't want to scare off their Chinese Trade Lords. Less diversity means the ones doing the Trade with Africa turns a blind eye to genocide, which is going on and will continue. This study is justifying that genocide and future ones, even overtly calling for it.

What I am saying is, whoever is doing business in what ever nations in Africa treat that nation as a trading partner and butt out of their internal affairs , when a foreign government or entity interferes they generally cause more harm than good,as I said earlier there are folks on the ground that is calling for change in whatever they see as a failing.
Pay for your unobtainium and keep out of their siit letem muck-up and fix their mistakes as westerners have done/ are doing, and again Africa outside some conflict areas are growing a significant middle class, and what happens when that takes place??.. higher expectations and accountability.

A lil dated but still holding true.

edit on 25-4-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Wouldn't more trade in Nigeria help the Nigerian government deal with Boko haram?

Can you provide a link to the current ethnic cleansing happening?

Won't technology help future generation connect with the rest of the world?

What about Botswana having the money to build proper infrastructure?

Boko Haram last as long as it did because the last government proved to be incompetent in military matters, this new guy Buhari knows how to handle it, he fired all the incompetent do nothings, promoted the do somethings reorganize the operations and took the fight to those baby killers and girl snatchers, now they are on their last legs.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I completely agree with you. The African contintent has some of the fastest growing economies in the world, they're doing they're own trade and manufacturing. The countries who are freeing up their economies (less government regulations and involvement) are growing the fastest.

MPESA might be the best payment system in the world right now. And I've read before that Africans want no aid at all. They want free trade and capitalism.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
An example: Made In Africa: Three Cars Designed And Manufactured In Africa

Top 10 African car manufacturers
edit on 25-4-2016 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
An example: Made In Africa: Three Cars Designed And Manufactured In Africa

Top 10 African car manufacturers

That's what it's about Bandit,building a stable middle class and then they will take it from there, I have lost many African friends due to back migration to their countries of origins, because they saw the boom with their own eyes and made that decision, yes there are still mass exodus heading to Europe in leaky overloaded boats, but that's due in part to conflicts in problem areas.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You've made some brilliant points here, Spider. Just now reading the thread.

I agree with you (for whatever it's worth) - and the point above regarding how decades later the same fly-encrusted pot-bellied child is always still the same......

A point so well made! It perfectly summarized my ambivalence about all that 'foreign aid' stuff.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted before and certainly deserving of it's own thread, for the both the pros and cons need to be expressed but Nigeria is set to launch it's first astronaut into space by 2030 in about 14yrs from now.

Nigeria plans to send an astronaut to space by 2030

(CNN)Nigeria has announced plans to send an astronaut into space by 2030, as part of its drive to develop a world-class space industry. "The space program is very important," said Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, Minister of Science and Technology, during a speech in the capital city Abuja. "Space is a major asset that Nigeria must be involved in for the purpose of protecting national interests."

A Nigerian Space Agency delegation will visit partners in China this month to discuss logistics and investment for a manned space mission, which would be the first by an African nation. The case for space Dr. Onu's announcement has been greeted with skepticism, partly as it came soon after a scam email demanding $3 million for a lost Nigerian astronaut went viral, and as policy announcements from the new government have been scoring poorly on the Buharimeter, a Nigerian civil society website assessing policy commitments.

Onu also recently announced plans to start a pencil manufacturing industry that would create 400,000 jobs. But Nigeria's space program is no joke, and it is making steady progress. The National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) has launched five satellites since 2003, with three still in orbit delivering vital services. The most recent - NigeriaSat-X -- was the first to be designed and constructed by NASRDA engineers, and more advanced models are in development. Ethiopia starts looking at the stars - from a nearly perfect location Ethiopia starts looking at the stars The space agency has made extensive and creative use of the satellites, from analyzing climate data to improve farming practices, to retrieving hostages from Boko Haram, and officials argue this proves space exploration is essential for Nigeria.

"We contribute to various sectors that benefit the nation," says Felix Ale, NASRDA communications chief. "Space applications are key to development." Capacity has improved through greater investment in infrastructure and skills, says Ale, adding that NASRDA has now trained over 300 staff to PhD or BsC level.
edition.cnn.com...

Now before we start braying about , poor people and problems of wars , political strife , corruption etc, lets remember the U.S was sending it's astronauts during the 50ts -60ts a time of massive poverty , civil unrest and corruption.."Nixon.".not to mentioned fighting a cold war and hot wars around the globe, but the efforts payed off immensely plus boost to massive national ego stroking .

Some will say yeah but we did all that 50yrs ago so BFD..true but most African nations are 50yrs old, some a lot younger, I am certain many here are older than some of these nations.

And props given to Rwanda for kool design and kicking off the world's first airport for drones, yes that Rwanda that blood-soaked nation of body parts have now come along way and is set to be east Africa's I.T hub, the above is of a drone airport.

Inspiring a continent:

The Nigerian space program has ambitions beyond its borders, and it is hoped that bold statements -- such as a manned mission -- will inspire stargazers across the continent. "This would be a landmark achievement for Nigeria and Africa, which will encourage the rest of Africa to get involved," says Ale. Nigeria already shares resources from its space assets, such as providing satellite imagery to Mali, and has supported the idea of an African Space Agency. With an ever-increasing number of African states investing in space programs, while traditional powerhouses downsize, the continent could be the hotspot of exploration for years to come.
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Why is Africa so poor while Europe and North America are so wealthy?

Guns. See how easy that was to answer?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I'm sorry I dont get your point, Marxism actually promotes diversity, Communism doesnt see races, it sees people has classes, it promotes and celebrates diversity as a means to achieve a goal, as it also sponsors that minorities are supposed to be better social "fighters" because of the pressure their are subjected by the higher social hierarchies.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Why is Africa so poor while Europe and North America are so wealthy?

Guns. See how easy that was to answer?

Whatever happens, we have got. The Maxim gun, and they have not.
Hilaire Belloc.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I have noticed a lot of ads from Nigeria and other African Nations on sites like CNN, reuters, etc.

Also some Middle-Eastern and Asian countries....

I really like the Japan Airlines one. I'm still a little skeptical about "banking in Nigeria", though - the spam email thing is still too recent. India and Dubai (? - or is it Abu Dhabi?) look pretty hi-tech in these ads, too. Cairo, it seems like, too - these places aren't just fly-covered malnourished toddlers anymore - at least not according to MSM.
O_o

edit on 4/25/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

To be honest with you I see Africa as a beacon of hope for the future because they have been through so much that when they get it together they will lead the world.

O really believe this.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I believe it, too. The countries of Africa really are developing at a phenomenal pace....and that's a good thing.

When I read they are approaching 300 million middle-class people now, well - that's pretty impressive.
Nothing to sneeze at.

Africa: Turning the World Upside Down
(the source for pic above)

And guys, if you notice - it says "rich" is "more than $20/day".

So - stick that in your hookah....

Back in the mid 2000s, I worked with a guy from Ethiopia - well-mannered, well-spoken, told me about how 50 pennies were a festival-worthy windfall!!

Just goes to remind us - it's all just "ink on paper" or "stamped designs on metal wafers" or "digits on a computer screen" - it's all relative.

To Trump, my household's annual budget and 'equity' are laughably insignificant. To me, they are my life and my only chance at security...to people in the Congo, I am filthy rich....and Donald Trump is a veritable super-hero of gargantuan proportions.

And yet - we all need food, water, air, and sleep. Most of us need clothing and shelter as well. No reason anyone should be without those things. Not in 2016. Not anywhere on Earth.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I have noticed a lot of ads from Nigeria and other African Nations on sites like CNN, reuters, etc.

Also some Middle-Eastern and Asian countries....

I really like the Japan Airlines one. I'm still a little skeptical about "banking in Nigeria", though - the spam email thing is still too recent. India and Dubai (? - or is it Abu Dhabi?) look pretty hi-tech in these ads, too. Cairo, it seems like, too - these places aren't just fly-covered malnourished toddlers anymore - at least not according to MSM.
O_o

Actually much of the so-called Nigerian scams are from different regions /nations like Ghana etc but it started in Nigeria, and yes the internet makes for clever criminals but with due diligence one can minimize risks and this goes for anywhere in the world remember scam that almost tanked the world's economies at the end of the Bush yrs, that was no Nigerian effort.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I keep joking and saying I'm moving to Botswana but the thing about me Is I tend to be serious when cracking jokes like that.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Brother, you are preaching to the choir director here...I'm just chiming in - your points never fall on deaf ears when I hear them.

We need intelligent nonfiction on this site!! More than we've had lately, anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

To be honest with you I see Africa as a beacon of hope for the future because they have been through so much that when they get it together they will lead the world.

O really believe this.

Much of the world's population is aging even China , much of African populations is quite young and will remained so for the foreseeable future , so yes it is in the best interest to all of us that they do well if that trend continues.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You remind me a lot of my son....just saying.

He's 25 now. Facing the same prospects that you are. I wish you both nothing but the best. Please know what we - the rest of the country, that is - really do need you. We need you to step up, bewildered and 'unprepared' as you may feel, and help us get things back on the rails.

If there's anything I can do in the realm of moral support, please let me know.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm a fighter to the core and I will always fight for our future.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
My pet theory on why Africa is so poor is the following:

The darker a human is, the more animistic his/her behavior is.

In other words, the human body, when it has a lot of melanin, and a host of other attributes, clouds the mind with emotions that take over the human's behavior, which in turn focus the person into a sort of behavioral autism, making the person more inclined to repeat/mimic behaviors of other persons in its surroundings than understanding itself and forming its own behavioral patterns.

That is the reason so many tribes are dark-skinned and also live in a primitive way on our planet.

It's not only about Africa, it's a worldwide phenomenon.

And it's not black and white either. Many societies that are not so white, for example Mediterranean people, or Middle-East people, also exhibit this, albeit in a smaller degree than the darker of tribes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join