It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rss feeds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am using desktop sidebar and use rss feeds for several news sites like cnn etc etc, so I have all the latest news. My question is, is it possible that ATS create an rss feed, so I can see for example all the latest news, or latest discussions on that sidebar and when im interested I click on it to read or respond to the topic. Or does ATS already has such an address? Would be really interesting I think.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well they do already. I use em in my Email client to download ATSNN stories all the time. They are aroudn somewhere just look more carefully on the main index page. Click the top right bottom second from the right called ATS Discussion I think you should find it there. Also ATSNN News tab has em as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Cool, never saw it before, stupid me! Thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
ATS has so many extra features, I probably don't even know them all.

The links are at the very bottom of the page,or you can just use these.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
ATS has so many extra features, I probably don't even know them all.

The links are at the very bottom of the page,or you can just use these.

Yeah im really happy with that. But im only able to recieve the atsnn news. The latest forum topic seems not to work. Someone else have this problem?

[edit on 13/1/2005 by rai76]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It works for me. This rss feed doesn't actually show any of the details aside from the name of the thread. Maybe that's what you're thinking of. If the text of the most recent post was actually put in this feed it would need to be updated every 30 sec. Probably too big a load on the server. I would like to see the forum name by the topic, but it's still nice the way it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
no, it's more that the whole link doesn't work. Don't know why. ATSNN news seems to work fine.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Also, most of the forums have feeds as well. Forums with feeds have this button at the top-left of the forum list: The recent posts feed works fine for me too.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I loaded desktop sidebar to see what it would do for me, and the feeds work fine. I see the title of each post no problem.

In fact, I saw that they had a beta v.88. It shows the title of the post, AND if you hover your mouse over it, it shows the full body of the post!
Not too shabby.

I think I will keep it. Thanks for making me aware it existed.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You can also use klipfolio. This is more for newsfeeds. Desktop sidebar has ofcourse alot of other feathers, but if you only use it for news, I recommend klipfolio.

Still don't understand why ats forum posts don't work for me.

top topics

join