It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africans Rise in the Thousands Against US Agro-chem Giant Monsanto

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: BO XIAN

This is great to see.

Once the rest of the world throws these Monsanto a-holes out maybe the people of the U.S. will finally get some sense and do the same. Good for the S. African people.

Americans will never get any sense.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Funny how these people from Africa and Farmers from India can see this stuff is bad yet the people in America can be brainwashed by this company to believe it's products are safe. I don't think their products are even safe to feed the animals we eat yet alone eat their products directly. I think the execs of Monsanto should serve life in prison for their disregard of people's lives.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: seeker1963

Did you ever think you'd live to see the day when

evil doers at the top operated with such rotten determination to destroy their whole house/country and everyone in it?

What suicidal madness rules the halls of power these days.

Oh, I realize that they think they'll be cozy in their plush deep underground cities.

They won't. God is well able to crash all such and squeeze them to the thinnest layers of bloody mush. I'm reminded of the HANDWRITING ON THE WALL--the original case--where the King who was celebrating was supernaturally informed that his kingdom would end--which it did--that night.

Are you talking about the seedbank Monsanto helped build? That would make sense..
edit on 24-4-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree.

That's why posts filled with nonsense get multiple stars and ones debunking said nonsense get 1 or none.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Funny how these people from Africa and Farmers from India can see this stuff is bad yet the people in America can be brainwashed by this company to believe it's products are safe. I don't think their products are even safe to feed the animals we eat yet alone eat their products directly. I think the execs of Monsanto should serve life in prison for their disregard of people's lives.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

And, they will.

No evil doer will ever be beyond reaping what they have sown. . . . particularly short of heart-felt repentance, confession, etc.

And, they seem to exalt in their evil deeds and in their arrogance as though it were their UNDivine RIGHT to use the serfs and slaves as whatever kind of fodder for their maniacal schemes their whims dictate.

They will discover otherwise--likely when it is far too late.

Imagine what it will be like for them to experience AS THOUGH THEY WERE THE SUFFERER--every last pain, emotion, nuance that they inflicted--on the part of ALL their millions of victims--from the perspective of that sufferer. That will not be any kind of recreational fun. Times hundreds of millions of sufferers.

I don't envy them their certain punishment.

I do think it will be more than fair . . . however delayed, from sane folks perspectives.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: riley

No.

You could research DUMBs

Deep Underground Military Bases

to get an idea.

The oligarchy has evidently built and stocked many many dozens of super plush underground cities to ride out the holocaust they have engineered for those of us on the surface.

Why do you think they built the seed vault? They KNOW what they have engineered for the surface.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I gather you have little to no understanding of how much research I've done on this and related topics since 1962, 1965.

I wonder how many years you have researched such topics . . . and with how much fair-mindedness.

Lots of things are not as appearances seem to dictate.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

If the rubbish you've posted here is the result of your decades of research, then you've wasted a lot of time.

And really? Fair mindedness? You type that here, with multiple errors in what you've said, and can actually say, with a straight face that you look upon Monsanto and the like with fair mindedness?

What utter BS.

Just so we're clear, your decades of research and fair mindedness brought you to the conclusion that glyphosate is a carcinogen and causes birth defects, that's proven to be false.

Glyphosate is found in breast milk, that too is false.

Seeing a theme here?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Evidently we don't share a large enough dictionary with sufficient numbers of terms common to both our constructions on reality

in order to have

anything resembling a sensible dialogue.

I find many of your assertions to be greatly lacking in any significant familiarity with well known and verified constructions on reality.

I stand firmly by and behind my assertions.

Time will tell who has the bi-polar construct system most in sync with 'objective' reality.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

If the rubbish you've posted here is the result of your decades of research, then you've wasted a lot of time.

And really? Fair mindedness? You type that here, with multiple errors in what you've said, and can actually say, with a straight face that you look upon Monsanto and the like with fair mindedness?

What utter BS.

Just so we're clear, your decades of research and fair mindedness brought you to the conclusion that glyphosate is a carcinogen and causes birth defects, that's proven to be false.

Seeing a theme here?

What are you talking about, Glyphosphate has been found in breast milk and there is a lot of stuff wrong with it. Even Monsanto does not claim it is perfectly safe. The FDA does not deny it is in breastmilk either, because evidence shows it is. The FDA just follows protocol that it is considered safe, only allowing evidence they approve to be used to challenge that claim. They have not yet approved the evidence that it is bad so they still consider it safe.

Don't you know how the system works. I do know that the policy they use of denying some evidence is beneficial, or we would not be able to buy any food at all. But what Monsanto is doing and the FDA is allowing is not good. Sure. occasionally using a little glyphosphate like they used to do is safe, the basis for their original safety data. But using the data from occasional use to show safety of a ten fold increase in use should not be allowable.

I have studied this chemical over the years, I even had some and used it once in my garden. One treatment or a modest treatment every four years probably is not a problem. Applying it twice a year every year is a problem. There is no evidence to show it is safe when used every year except past usage records which aren't actually applicable to prove safety.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, it can ruin the land and environment and our health if over used. It is being overused. Read about the changes in allowable application at the FDA site and Monsanto's own sites. All of that used to be on those sites. I used to believe it was safe until I researched what the FDA was doing. Then I investigated the connection between Monsanto and FDA management.

Wake up already, there is no real evidence to prove that the amount of this chemical being incorporated into our food chain is safe.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
. . .
. . .

Oh, Really?

= = = =
GLYPHOSATE IN BREAST MILK

GLYPHOSATE TEST RESULTS
Glyphosate Testing Full Report: Findings in American Mothers’ Breast Milk, Urine and Water.
Conducted by Moms Across America and Sustainable Pulse
April 7, 2014
Zen Honeycutt, Moms Across America | Henry Rowlands, Sustainable Pulse
Supporter: Lori Grace, Environmental Arts & Research
www.momsacrossamerica.com...

. . .
(1) World’s Number 1 Herbicide Discovered in U.S. Mothers’ Breast Milk
Urine Testing also Shows Levels over 10 Times Higher than in Europe
Water Testing shows 70% of American household's drinking water positive for above detectable levels
In the first ever testing on glyphosate herbicide in the breast milk of American women, Moms Across America and Sustainable Pulse have found ‘high’ levels in 3 out of the 10 samples tested. The shocking results point to glyphosate levels building up in women’s bodies over a period of time, which has until now been refuted by both global regulatory authorities and the biotech industry.
The levels found in the breast milk testing of 76 ug/l to 166 ug/l are 760 to 1600 times higher than the European Drinking Water Directive allows for individual pesticides (Glyphosate is both a pesticide and herbicide). They are however less than the 700 ug/l maximum contaminant level (MCL) for glyphosate in the U.S., which was decided upon by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) based on the now seemingly false premise that glyphosate was not bio-accumulative.
. . .
PCB Similarities
This case of finding high levels of glyphosate in breast milk is a re-run of the Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) scandal (5) in the 1970s, which ended up in the toxic chemical compound’s production being banned by the U.S. Congress in 1979.
Before the ban Monsanto, the only North American producer, had marketed PCBs under the trade name Aroclor from 1930 to 1977 and had insisted that it was not toxic.
It was not until levels of PCBs in breast milk were found to be 10 times those in blood, obtained from residents in the Osaka Prefecture of Japan (6), that the toxicity of PCBs was questioned by regulators, leading to the 1979 ban.
. . .

= = = =
Glyphosate found at high levels in mothers' breast milk
Monday, April 28, 2014 by: L.J. Devon, Staff Writer

www.naturalnews.com...

. . .
This is far from the truth, since the discovery of glyphosate in breast milk proves its bioaccumulation. Furthermore, glyphosate has been found to disrupt the shikimate pathway of human gut microbes, essentially destroying positive gut flora, inhibiting the body's natural detoxification processes.
. . .
The urine samples of Americans were at least ten times more contaminated with glyphosate than Europeans. When samples of breast milk were analyzed, 30 percent showed detectable levels of glyphosate, which is theoretically passed on to newborns.
. . .

Sources for this article include:

www.gmwatch.org...

www.commondreams.org...

science.naturalnews.com...
= = = =
3 Studies Proving Toxic Glyphosate Found in Urine, Blood, and Even Breast Milk
by Mike Barrett
Posted on May 4, 2014
naturalsociety.com...

1. Glyphosate Found in People’s Urine
It has been revealed by numerous scientists that herbicides and pesticides bioaccumulate in the body, eventually leading to a toxic overload of sorts. One study conducted by a German university found very high concentrations of glyphosate in all urine samples tested. The amount of glyphosate found in the urine was staggering, with each sample containing concentrations at 5 to 20-fold the limit established for drinking water. But this is just a single piece of evidence that pesticides are out of control.
. . .
Moms Across America and Sustainable Pulse found ‘high’ levels in 3 out of the 10 samples tested. The levels found in the breast milk testing of 76 ug/l to 166 ug/l are 760 to 1600 times higher than the European Drinking Water Directive allows for individual pesticides.
. . .
3. Glyphosate Found in our Blood
In addition to being found in urine and breast milk, glyphosate has also been found in people’s blood in 18 different countries. A new study entitled, ‘The effect of metabolites and impurities of glyphosate on human erythrocytes (in vitro),’ explains just how RoundUp chemicals are invading our human blood.
Researchers exposed participants’ blood to different levels of glyphosate consistent with the ranges and concentrations which have already been well established in our drinking water, air, soil and food – between .01-5 millimolar (mM) for 1, 4, and 24 hours. What they found was that glyphosate and other ingredients in RoundUp lead to ‘slightly significant’ negative effects on red blood cells. In other words, our blood is simply not ‘RoundUp Ready’.

Read more: naturalsociety.com...
Follow us: @naturalsociety on Twitter | NaturalSociety on Facebook
. . .

= = = =

BTW, I came across the article purporting to debunk such studies. I found THAT article laughable and transparent in its sucking up to the . . . evil doers.
= = = =

Glyphosate found in breast milk
The Ecologist
28th April 2014

www.theecologist.org...

[quote
. . .
I was determined to find a way!
Moms Across America Founder and Director, Zen Honeycutt, stated Monday, "When I was told by several doctors and labs that I could not test my own or my children's urine for the most widely used herbicide in the world over a year ago, I became determined to find a way.
"Parents and citizens deserve the ability to be able to take care of themselves and their families by finding out if herbicides could be impacting their health.
"The purpose of this glyphosate testing project is to shed light upon the presence of glyphosate in our water, children's bodies and mother's breast milk, hopefully inspiring further scientific studies to support the world in being a healthy, safe place to live.

. . . ]
'Reckless and irresponsible'
Dr Angelika Hilbeck, senior scientist at the Institute of Integrative Biology in Zurich, stated, "If confirmed in a full investigation, it seems that glyphosate has become a ubiquitous chemical in terms of presence and persistence.
"This data also offers a first indication of potential accumulation in the human body, giving newborns a substantial dose of synthetic chemicals as a ‘gift' for their start into life, with unknown consequences.
"This is reckless and irresponsible conduct in a democratic society, which still has a living memory of previous reckless chemical contaminations, such as DDT. It seems we either did not learn, or we have forgotten, our lessons from Rachel Carson!" [3]

= = =

MAXED POST OUT. Continued next post.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST
"This is reckless and irresponsible conduct in a democratic society, which still has a living memory of previous reckless chemical contaminations, such as DDT. It seems we either did not learn, or we have forgotten, our lessons from Rachel Carson!" [3]

= = =
1. www.momsacrossamerica.com/glyphosate_testing_results
2. gmoanswers.com/ask/given-glyphosate-lipid-soluble-and-knowing-its-really-only-ingested-humans-through-gm-foods-how
3. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Carson
4. www.foeeurope.org/weed-killer-glyphosate-found-human-urine-across-Europe-130613
5. www.enveurope.com/content/24/1/24
6. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polychlorinated_biphenyl
7. link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00454276
= = =

There is this interesting WSU study:
news.wsu.edu...
WSU researchers find U.S. breast milk is glyphosate free

Independent regulatory and safety assessments of glyphosate conducted by scientists at organizations like the National Institutes of Health (aghealth.nih.gov...), the German Agency for Risk Assessment (www.bfr.bund.de...) and the Georgetown University School of Medicine (www.tandfonline.com...) have found no consistent effects of glyphosate exposure on reproductive health or developing offspring.

Some might find it worthwhile to check out
“THE AMERICAN COUNCIL ON SCIENCE AND HEALTH (ACSH)”
www.truthwiki.org...
= = =
Glyphosate testing now available! Glyphosate detected in human blood, urine and breast milk - are you contaminated?
Wednesday, August 05, 2015 by: Amy Goodrich

www.naturalnews.com...

. . .
Many studies, however, have shown that glyphosate may not be as innocent as some of us may think. It has been linked to an increased risk of cancer, gut and hormone imbalances, autism, Alzheimer's disease, depression, anxiety, Parkinson's disease and prion diseases. These potential health risks have been crushed by the billion-dollar industry.(2, 3)
. . .

Sources:

1. feedtheworld.info...

2. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

3. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

4. www.naturalnews.com...

5. www.sciencedirect.com...

6. sustainablepulse.com...

www.truthwiki.org...
= = = =
WHO - Glyphosate (Roundup) Detected In Human Breast Milk, Honey, Infant Formula
[WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION]

www.democraticunderground.com...
= = = =
Another sobering article is here:
Can Glyphosate Really Be Present in Human Breast Milk?
August 5, 2015

www.activistpost.com...

The graphic above indicates that the hamburger bun wheat grain was desiccated with Roundup containing glyphosate BEFORE harvest, which leaves glyphosate residues in the grain. So are many other crops sprayed with Roundup, especially those classified as GMOs. Farmers, legally bound by Monsanto contracts, must use Roundup on GMO seeds/crops! The beef in the hamburger probably came from GMO corn- and soy-fed cows! French fries are made using Canola oil, a GMO crop that is sprayed with Roundup. So, toxic glyphosate has many ways of getting into the human body, including breast milk!

LINKS at the end of the above article:
References:
[1] www.gmofreelancastercounty.org...
[2] www.reuters.com...
[3] gmo-awareness.com...
[4] www.nongmoproject.org...
[5] www.gmofreelancastercounty.org...
[6] www.momsacrossamerica.com...
[7] water.epa.gov...
[8] www.naturalnews.com... [9] naturalsociety.com...
= = =
Food Chem Toxicol. 2013 Sep;59:129-36. doi: 10.1016/j.fct.2013.05.057. Epub 2013 Jun 10.
Glyphosate induces human breast cancer cells growth via estrogen receptors.
Thongprakaisang S1, Thiantanawat A, Rangkadilok N, Suriyo T, Satayavivad J.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Abstract
Glyphosate is an active ingredient of the most widely used herbicide and it is believed to be less toxic than other pesticides. However, several recent studies showed its potential adverse health effects to humans as it may be an endocrine disruptor. This study focuses on the effects of pure glyphosate on estrogen receptors (ERs) mediated transcriptional activity and their expressions. Glyphosate exerted proliferative effects only in human hormone-dependent breast cancer, T47D cells, but not in hormone-independent breast cancer, MDA-MB231 cells, at 10⁻¹² to 10⁻⁶M in estrogen withdrawal condition. The proliferative concentrations of glyphosate that induced the activation of estrogen response element (ERE) transcription activity were 5-13 fold of control in T47D-KBluc cells and this activation was inhibited by an estrogen antagonist, ICI 182780, indicating that the estrogenic activity of glyphosate was mediated via ERs. Furthermore, glyphosate also altered both ERα and β expression. These results indicated that low and environmentally relevant concentrations of glyphosate possessed estrogenic activity. Glyphosate-based herbicides are widely used for soybean cultivation, and our results also found that there was an additive estrogenic effect between glyphosate and genistein, a phytoestrogen in soybeans. However, these additive effects of glyphosate contamination in soybeans need further animal study.
Copyright © 2013 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

DR MERCOLA’S SITE:
Toxic Herbicides Now Common in Pregnant Women’s Breast Milk, Placentas, and Umbilical Cords
April 22, 2014 | 273,802 views
articles.mercola.com...#!

. . .
If you are eating processed foods or foods from nearly any restaurant, odds are very high you are getting loads of this toxin, and if you are a pregnant woman, you may be passing them along to your unborn child via your baby's placenta, umbilical cord, and in your breast milk. This is gravely concerning as there is mounting scientific evidence that Roundup may be even more toxic than DDT.
. . .

POST MAXED OUT. CONTINUED NEXT POST.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST:
. . .
Dr. Don Huber is likely the leading GMO expert in the world, particularly in the area of toxicity. He is an award-winning, internationally recognized scientist and professor of plant pathology at Purdue University for the past 35 years. I strongly urge you to listen to my previous interview with Dr. Huber, at the top of this section, as well as Part 1 and Part 2 of this interview. This information will help you understand why GE foods pose such a serious risk to your health.
Epidemiological patterns show there's a rise in more than 30 human diseases in parallel with our increased usage of glyphosate and GE foods. There are no peer-reviewed scientific papers establishing the safety of GE crops. However, there are both clinical and peer-reviewed scientific papers showing the hazards of GE foods, including harmful secondary effects. Glyphosate is not "just" an herbicide/pesticide. It was originally patented as a mineral chelator. It immobilizes nutrients, making them unavailable for your body. It is also patented as a potent antibiotic that can devastate human gut bacteria. Your gut flora is critical to the proper function of your immune system, and when this is disrupted, you can develop all sorts of health problems.
Bt Toxin Found in Umbilical Cords of Pregnant Women
This is not the first time scientists have suggested that glyphosate may have damaging effects on your health, and the health of your unborn baby. A 2011 Canadian study, published in the journal Reproductive Toxicology, looked at the effects of fetal and maternal glyphosate exposure, with disturbing findings. This was the first study to show the presence of circulating pesticides from GE foods in women, both pregnant and non-pregnant.4 The study found Bt toxin in the bloodstreams of 93 percent of pregnant women tested, in both their circulating blood and placentas.
. . .

= = = =

I SUPPOSE that folks will choose their poison as they always have . . . according to their own biases, addictions, blindness, preferences, values, fantasies, unique constructions on reality . . . etc.

Some will consider the jury still out.
Some as evidenced on this thread will evidently continue to think of GMO’s and the companies pushing them to be some [twisted as it is] new holy grail of wonderment for all mankind.

Some will notice with discernment and perceptiveness that the ‘early?’ warning signs about the horrors already evident and worse looming—that it is NOT TOO EARLY to begin severe self-protection efforts for themselves and certainly their babies and offspring.

Anyway—FWIW, imho.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

So, why are you ignoring my post on page 1 linking to the debunking of glyphosate in breast milk?

When you start using sources like natural news, gmowatch and the like, it's really, really hard to take you seriously.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Yes, we use to exports tons of produce, but that meant me never being able to indulge in the fantastic export quality produce. Food prices aren't so rough here (compared to the rest of the world). The only thing that's a rip-off in SA are the electronics and service. The rest we get by easy. Wait till there's a government that actually works... Then we'll be paying. Plus the Rand/Dollar has been looking a lot better since last week.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Monsanto is a monsterous company. They genetically modify our crops, without our consent.

Do you shop at walmart?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAllTheSame

You're fine with the plants species that were doused in radiation to force mutations though?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Yes food prices here have risen tremendously since 1994,i mean even basic things like potatoes. With the thousands of farmers murdered,one really feels it in the fresh produce section. But then,Everything in my country Has to be a complete rip-off,it's like it's a draconian national law.And when i see how much produce is imported these days..we used to be the breadbasket of Southern Africa,and exported vast amounts of top-quality food too,to Europe and other parts of the world,with more than enough left for the population at reasonable prices. Those days are long gone,though,and won't return. South Africans who live comfortably now,do so by living on credit cards and store accounts.

South Africa and Rhodesia (that's Zimbabwe to you young 'uns) used to be the biggest agro exporting nations in all of Africa. Then they started breaking up the farms and giving the land to some people who hadn't even been born in the country. All in the name of reconciliation. What might seem just and fair isn't necessarily the best thing in the long run.

I never trusted Roundup, even when ecologist friends said "we use it all the time". My inner senses told me there is no such thing as "safe" chemicals when dumped on the Earth. They thought my caution was laughable.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
For some enlightened reading on how corruption handles revolution, checkout the "African Che Guevara" a Mr. Thomas Sankara of course I think he went too far in executions... but too late for any advisment against that now.

en.m.wikipedia.org... (mobile friendly)
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Spread the truth guys, don't mind the blind sheep.

Also I would not give Monsanto food to the rats, that's his bad it is, because rat crap can infect water.

Anyway it is not Monsanto that is alone in this evil businesses, there is Dupont. They plant corn in my country and my country have law against GMO seed. And they event plant the huge flag to say that this is DuPont pioneer GMO crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join