It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washing clothes, is it a chore?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I need to remind my poor husband of this- being physically spent cuts down on emotions. I'm way over the top at this point, crying about everything- including the laundry backing up and overwhelming me.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Your one amazing person. 8 months pregnant and pulling weeds.

Then laundry! Wow 👍🏽😀🎂

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Your one amazing person. 8 months pregnant and pulling weeds.

Then laundry! Wow 👍🏽😀🎂

You know way too much, what happened after i tapped the dogs ass?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

lol, and the AD from ATS is ............. beautiful Russians seeking men ..... HAHAHAHAHHAHAHhahahahaha

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I'll give that one a miss, my match would be a transgendered weightlifter

PC, sorry no harm meant

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I think I taste the coconut oil mixed with sarcasm

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
No just be safe 8 months is getting close to your new love. No coconut oil there lol

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

I need to remind my poor husband of this- being physically spent cuts down on emotions. I'm way over the top at this point, crying about everything- including the laundry backing up and overwhelming me.

Yikes isn't the laundry a downer????

When my kids were little, I always had, at any given moment, piles of laundry going up to the ceiling, even though it seemed I was doing it non-stop all day!

Now that it is just my husband and I, I have it under control, but I'm starting to go over to my daughters and pick up a few garbage bags full of laundry to help her out. She's got a ten month old and she also works, and now she's the one with a machine turning all the time, but laundry baskets overflowing all over the house!

Do you have any relatives around to give you a hand? I seriously think pregnancy and having toddlers is a time when we need to help each other out....
edit on 25-4-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yes,laundry is a downer and washing windows is worse.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

You should start a washing windows thread. Called streaks. LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Anything You don't want to do, is a chore.

Å99

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would much rather do laundry than clean up dog diarrhea.
I did that twice over the weekend.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

We, thankfully, live close to both my family and my husband's! My sister comes over every couple of months to help me deep clean, and it helps SO much. Especially when keeping house has always been a struggle for me. But, my kids are getting older and with a new one coming, they are learning to help out more.

The girls (they are all girls) actually stayed home from school today due to a flat tire. So I had them come in and get to work. One (9) cleaned the kitchen floors, and the other (7)cleaned their bathroom. The 4 year old had an easy job, but she is too much like me and looks for anything else to do! lol- she is my mini me.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I can input here though I too am a guy I understand the female thought process here for a couple of reasons. First I will say when you break it down to a simpler step by step form like you have it completely seems like nothing really. The thought of having to take your clothes and wash them then dry them can't be that difficult and it's not but that's how we as guys think about it and how in comparison to going to work everyday or being a primary bread winner it seems like only having to do that is more than ideal as being something you need to do. But.. As I had found out a couple of months ago while I was not working and would get bored around the house I decided to take care of laundry.. Figured hey it'd keep me busy for a while and can't complain scoring some extra points with the Mrs. If you know what I mean lol. Anyways I now know that first off what I thought would maybe be a couple hour deal most of which I would spend sitting around was quite the opposite cause come to find out when you have your clothes to wash, your partners, and a child's or children the amount of clothes can be considerably more and more than likely will require multiple loads so basically I ended up spending about 6 hours loading and unloading machines and really only got the first hour and a half of it to sit around before I started having to spend the run time folding clothes, putting them on hangars, and then realizing that kids don't do the best job of keeping their drawers and closets organized to where you can just walk in a room and set them down nearly or hang them up without moving quite a bit of stuff around and end up having to do some of the chores that they clearly are responsible for so now you can either leave it be and have your kids clothes laying somewhere until the time they are home to discuss what needs to be corrected or you let them off the hook and teach them nothing in the process of doing it yourself. Next women.. Well they have a way they want it done exactly so you can basically be sure that any of the clothes if there's you folded or put away probably are not folded right or you set the shirt on the hangar to where the hook is facing the incorrect way now which requires going back and redoing each one the "right way" oh and as for towels.. You might as well not even attempt to put them up prior to being sure that you know your woman's procedure for folding towels the correct way out of the dozens of ways you could possibly and just as efficiently have done it cause for some reason the towels are a big deal. So now I know that when women think of doing laundry really they are not thinking of the brief step by step and very easy and just as effective way of getting this done (will admit our way is probably nowhere near as neat to the "trained" eye lol) but they are now thinking about this extremely long procedure detailed to those specifics points along with the realization that in doing so the potential for other chores to be completed around the house just to do it that way will be there and so yea depending on how big your household is and the amount of clothes your family goes through this can def become 4-6 hours or more even easily of tedious work that she is thinking about and how digging holes outside in a garden and planting seeds or organizing plants and materials covering usually a fraction of the entire land outside is much more ideal than her work. Funny how we both have a way of simplifying what it takes to do the others chores or work lol but it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Your not done there buddy.. then there's folding! ..matching ..organizing putting sh.. away.

Laundry is not too bad if it's in the house.. washing the dishes is the tough one. and cooking and cleaning.. It really is a job in itself.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
.. she can do the wash in the kettle with a washboard, then rinse, followed by wringing out the water with a hand wringer.
Then she can hang the clothes on the line and while she is waiting on them to dry..

I remember seeing those things on Tom and Jerry but nowhere else. I also remember all the clothing lines hanging from building to building in the city in the 70's.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nthedarksidea69
Ok can you kindly start to paragraph.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Washing the clothes is easy.

It's the sorting, folding, hanging (and looking for hangers), and ironing that sucks.

Ok can you kindly start to paragraph.

When I was a mod, I used to edit these all the time, and add "Edited by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Paragraphs"
edit on 27-4-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

LOL, can you go back in time and edit his paragraph? LOL

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join