It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washing clothes, is it a chore?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

LOL, what if they shrink on max heat.

Too bad lose weight!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I do my own clothes and the towels.

The maids do my wifes stuff at the other house.

No ironing and BS for me. Wash, hang dry and fold.

My suits are dry cleaned.

I don't need to be dressed up, jeans, shorts, tanks, tees.

Separate colors? Only if you use hot water or are not colorfast or pre washed. Cold water is all I use.

In fact i just did 2 small loads, have enough sun to get them a little dry before it rains.

We bought a new washer last month, 7kg and it's spin speed is 780, I wanted a 900+rpm like the last one but I can adjust to the extra water in the clothes.

Nice machine tho, less wrinkles.

edit on 4 24 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Ah you free ball it and don't wear undies! LOL

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Think of how she would feel if she had to do laundry like they
did back in the 1800's? We ladies do have it easy with our multi-
function washers and dryers.But one EMP would put us all back.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Your funny!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Rather than trying to figure out what's a chore and what's not... How about you just ask your wife why she's feeling overworked and why she's so pissed and feels like you don't do anything around the house ?

You've spent the day doing some painting, wiring, and pressure washing. Great !

What about the other 6 days of the week ?

Are you one of these types that leaves stuff laying around all over the house for her to run around and pick up after you like a personal servant ?

Or do you truly pitch in and do your fair share of the household duties ?

Do you both work a full time job outside of the home ?

Do you have kids ?

Who does the majority of the day to day cooking, dishes, organizing cupboards/drawers/closets, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping floors, washing floors, washing windows, scrubbing/cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms, laundry (wash/dry/iron/put away), bed making, sewing/mending, grocery list making and grocery shopping, pet feeding, dog walks, dog poop pick up, cat litterbox cleaning, bill paying, paperwork sorting, playing the hostess and serving company, gift shopping/gift wrapping/gift delivering, lawn mowing, weed plucking, leaf raking, snow shovelling, grass watering, garden tending...?

And if you have kids...

Who does the majority of doctor appointments, dentist appointments, bedtime stories, diaper changes, feeding time, burping, rocking, bath time, play time, snack making, juice spill cleanups, nose blowing, scraped knees and ouchies, daycare drop off/pick up, school drop/off pick up, school lunch making, homework helping, birthday party planning/food prep/serving/entertaining/cleanup, putting away toys, chaperone school outings....?

You'll never find out what's got your wife's knickers in a knot until you actually sit down and communicate with each other about what seems to be the problem between the two of you.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I have already bought my wash tubs and hand-crank wringer!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
One thing I've learned about women is that they usually aren't just pissed about the thing they're pissed about.

Do you just do stuff around the house when it gets nice out? Do you admit to enjoying pressure washing? Never admit to enjoying pressure washing, or mowing the lawn!

So if she is doing laundry every few days and you just sit on your ass and only do something on occasion around the house, I get why she might be frustrated. Again, this isn't about the laundry. It's a part of it, but she's mad at you for other reasons.

Have an honest discussion and without accusing her of being crazy say something like, "Are you really upset about X or is something else upsetting you also?". Validate those feelings bruh.

I get why stay at home wives or husbands or whatever get pissed sometimes. You don't see the other person working all day, they come home and expect dinner, a clean house, and only see them trying to relax. Do the dishes, give her a break from the kids, thank her for all her contributions. My guess is she's feeling unappreciated. I don't know, I don't really understand women.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yes lovely! Very well meant!

But really, He will ask, "What's up. Why are you annoyed?"

She will reply, "Nothings wrong!"

And he gets the blame.

P

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

LOL

Dear Deidre

Play the above video, with volume before you read further, the images in the video are not directed at anyone, its the Tune i specifically needed but, probably over peoples heads if they dont remember the "good old days" and Simon Bates .... haha

So, i did the washing machine thing

to be continued ..........
edit on 2016-04-25T03:34:28-05:002016Mon, 25 Apr 2016 03:34:28 -0500bMonday3404America/Chicago163 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

correct

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

So Simon,

I did the washing machine thing, the drum is now rotating and the washing powder has been dissolved into the water, hoping that, as i had worked out how to use the machine, life would now be sweet.

Alas, we also have two rescue dogs that live in the house, not little dogs you understand, one a German Shepherd and one an Inuit Wolf kinda big dog that howls a lot.

So ........ i pour the drinks, mines a wine, hers is a G&T and proceed to walk into the lounge

To be continued ......

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

play the music again, brings it into context.

So Simon, have you ever stepped over a big dog? they tend to rotate and stand very quickly. Anyways, Sky (the big Inuit Wolf Howling dog) is lying on the floor, stretched out across the whole floor ....... i had no choice if i wanted to situate the glass of G&T next to the wife ........I HAD to step over the dog

To be continued ................

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

So, with a big dog lying there and my hands full of one glass of red wine and one of G&T i use past practise

Now, dogs are not stupid, Sky probably felt and heard my footfalls long before i reached the lounge, did she move?

So, past practice means i tap her ass with my foot, this, makes her aware that i am there and want her to move, normally she moves, tonight she rolled her eyes and thought ...... you tapping my ass again, fk you ....... so ......

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Establish your rhythm.

This is the problem with any routine task, besides the never-ending cycle of work never done, after a while we get so good at it that it makes it seem effortless and that's when all that we do gets taken for granted.

I was reading a post by Astanyx (that may not be the correct spelling) where he expressed his preference for the Mesolithic lifestyle alongside the current one. I totally agree, I'd go for the Mesolithic every time. House dirty, clothes full of lice? Cleaning? Nah, knock it down, bury it, burn it and let's start again. And all with renewable, sustainable resources too. How sensible is that?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I couldn't follow the whole thread, I am probably going to repeat things already said.

I think people (of both genders) sometimes speak without really processing and analyzing carefully what exactly the feelings and thought they have is, before expressing it. This means they are not very precise, and may seem irrational.
But if given the opportunity to focus a bit more, it can usually be found that there is a rational and logical sentiment underneath, or at the source of the feeling.

Much of the kinds of work that are traditionally of the feminine role in families is repetitive.
The same thing, done over and over, with no need for thought or mental alertness whatsoever.

Much of the jobs traditionally masculine are more dangerous, less repetitive, and require alertness, observation, and searching for solutions.

I don't know elsewhere, but within my circle of female friends, it is a commonly shared perception- that being a housewife is dangerous simply because it makes you stupid. No other reason socially (it is considered a respectable role in this society, a service to the community).

Lack of using your mental faculties is like muscles- they lose strength and force.

Our body also craves familiar (repetitive) movements- that gives a sensation of comfort and security. So though there can a calming effect to it, like being sedated. But the intellect and will continues to have the drive towards self affirmation and expansion, which ends up being repressed for periods by these types of activities, until it builds up and has an outburst.

Thus, you get normally obedient submissive creatures who once in a while seem to become obsessed by a demon.
We all have heard of the diagnosis of hysteria that was common in the Victorian era.

In summary, what I am suggesting is that no, laundry isn't hard as in challenging.
It is boring, repetitive, and makes one lose their mind.
The assumption that it is perhaps preferable to have the "easy" job might be where you have led yourself into misunderstanding.
I totally know why, when we have a day of tons of work to do, he will choose to repair things outside rather than do the dishes or wash the laundry, or iron! But I insist that we exchange and share on these. Not because I want easy, but because I too have a brain.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

In summary, what I am suggesting is that no, laundry isn't hard as in challenging. It is boring, repetitive, and makes one lose their mind.

Exactly what I am dealing with at the moment. I hate house work. I'm losing my mind.

My husband works a full time job, and does lawn care on the side. I went out with him a week ago (and am going again tomorrow) to help him with a a massive weed pulling job. I LOVED it! It was such a great break from the house. It was repetitive, but it was outside, it was different. And I was so worn out afterward, which I loved. I am also 8 months pregnant, and everyone acts like I have no business doing anything that makes my body work. But It made me feel useful again!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You don't have kids ? Fish don't count

It's boring and repetitive that's why it's a chore

edit on 25-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: realnewsrealfunny

So do you wash you cloths?
edit on 4 25 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Totally know what you mean!

Another thing is that when work is physically challenging, you have less energy left over for being emotional, or stewing over things.

I love sports much for that reason- when I am physically spent, sweaty, exhausted, it is almost impossible to get me stirred up about anything. Physical exertion plus a little intellectual challenge together brings me to state of harmony with mind and body that feels spiritually fulfilling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join