It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washing clothes, is it a chore?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I hate, hate, hate laundry. Except for towels. They are easy, to fold and all go in the same place. No picking what needs to be put on hangers.

I am actually having a battle of wills with my 4 year old at the moment, because she refuses to learn how to put away any of her clothes. I have 2 other kids- 9 and 7, and they are doing fairly well. But when you have a husband and 3 girls, it is more than just a few minutes of effort.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I am on your page. I wash my towels. No problem. Easy to fold. Other close dry clean or toss out and buy new ones. Easy lol

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Taking care of my clothes that can only be hand washed(embellished, etc), is more of a choir than a normal washing routine. Though, not complaining about the burned calories from it.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor
Who does the ironing?

IDK if this has been said or not (I am lazy and not reading through all of the comments) but if you put a wet cloth in with some already dry clothes, it will smooth out wrinkles in a pinch. I used to do that to my scrubs when I worked at a medical office instead of ironing them.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I think I'd back away form the junction box, lower my glasses down to my nose, slowly turn around and say "You know, it's kinda hard to do laundry when the house is burnt down do to improper wiring, you never can get that burnt smell out the the remaining clothes no matter how hard you try to wash whatever is remaining".

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Or you could be really mean and mess up the wiring to just the washing machine, so the socket does not work, then tell her it is a big job which needs a special part
and will take "about a week" to get.

Ask her to do the washing by hand for a week or so, while you "work on" the problem.

Evil, I know.

But only joking.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

LOL, I love it!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Having read through all these comments, I don't think I'm a proper adult yet...
I just chuck everything in together and hang 'em out - have had no problems with colours mixing, items shrinking, etc.

Colourful child clothes, black adult clothes, jeans, work blouses, towels, bedding. In it all goes! Out it all hangs! Inside it comes when it's dry!

Not a chore at all.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

OMGEE, do they come out pink? Lol

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I'll re-say what I said, lol
"have had no problems with colours mixing, items shrinking, etc. "

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

LOL, I washed my cloths once and poured the softener in with the detergent. I big no no. All my whites were pink and they still are.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Ok come over to the shed I will pour you a glass of Effen Vodka and give you a muffin

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
In reply to the OP's question "Is it a chore?"

Not in the least for me, I just gather up the washing (sorted by colours), stick it in the machine, press two buttons and magically after 15 minutes the washing is done - just hang it up.

Repeat as needed.

While it is washing, I get on with some other chores to save time.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
That's what I do. As long as everything is washed in cold colors won't leach.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Your using the quick cycle lol

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

No wonder my whites turned tie dye I washed it on very hot lol

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yep, no need for anything more as I wash clothes regularly.

originally posted by: Quantum12

Your using the quick cycle lol

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ah, therein lies your mistake.

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: Skid Mark

No wonder my whites turned tie dye I washed it on very hot lol

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Laundry isn't too difficult of a chore, I usually do it twice a week. Small load Wednesday and all darn day on Sunday.

The folding and putting it away is more annoying than the actual washing.

Ironing is the big pain but there is this spay wrinkle release that I've been using on blazers for work, that stuff is amazing. Spay it and wipe down with your hand, saves like 5-10 minutes in the morning. Been using that time for extra sleep.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Washing clothing is a chore in the sense that it is far more complicated than that. However, it is the only bit of housework I don't mind doing.

Let me elaborate.

1.) Clothing must be sorted - Wash like colors together. I typically do darks, lights and whites.

2.) You must also pay attention to washing instructions for each garment - Regular wash, delicate wash, hand wash. So see step one and sort the regulars and delicates and hand wash into darks, lights and whites.

3.) You know have six piles of laundry at least.

4.) Pay attention to drying instructions. You can wash some things, but you can't dry them. They either need to be laid flat or hung to dry. When removing clothing from the washer, pay attention to those items. It helps that most delicates won't go into the dryer and most regulars will. Hand wash pretty much never does.

5.) Establish your rhythm. Make sure you balance your loads so the washer doesn't get imbalanced or it won't wash through and make a racket.

6.) Know how long to dry. More in the dryer means longer time to dry.

7.) know what you can fold and what needs hanging.

Crap ..... stuff that for a joke!

Toss them all in together.

1. If they do something stupid, throw away the offending clothes.

2. See 1 above.

3. Nope! I still have one pile and it is already in the machine.

4. See 1 above, works just as well for dryers.

5. The task of throwing them all in tends to randomize the load.

6. They are dry when the dryer says so. It is set to max dry ... all you need.

7. Toss them on the bed of whomever owns them. Let them put them away.

8. You have taken all day to do this. You wasted so much water and power. Try it my way. When you buy clothes, that is when you look at labels and the only time you need to. If it says anything about woozie steps and care needed, throw it back on the rack and find something else.

Lol

P

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join