It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I make myself taller?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My self esteem has always always suffered because of how tall I am.. as a guy at 5ft 4 it really is hard for me and always has been that is why I have had enough and I am starting too look at different ways to make myself taller! I have read up on lots of different things and this is what I have found out so far:

Stretching exercises do not actually make your bones grow stronger but just improve your posture and at best increases the gap between your joint thus height gain is minimal.
Eating healthy food is great... whilst you are still growing to stop stunted growth but isnt much use when you growth plates fuse together and you stop growing.
Leaving me with two other options... Surgery where they break your legs and let your bones grow into the space to increase length which is kind of a mad idea and not something I want to do.. or wear some elevator shoes which look pretty much like high heels and kind of obvious although I have seen these insoles that you put inside your shoes which might be a bit better but I have no idea how comfortable those would be.
Anyway I would hugely appreciate it if someone could throw some ideas my way to try and boost my height as I am sick of being the small guy!

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thejames

I'm only about an inch or so taller than you or to put it another way, most people I meet are taller than me and almost all males I meet are taller.

Except for when I was a young kid, it never really bothered me (although I understand we are all different).

If you woke up tomorrow and you were a few inches taller, would that really make a big difference to your psyche? How would that affect your life in a material way?

Anyway, to each his own but I would urge you think about what may be bothering you beyond your height.

Remember, we aren't short, we're concentrated.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The way to make yourself taller is to have taller parents.

I have never thought of myself as tall at just under 6'. That's because my uncles and father were 6'4", my aunts were 6'2", and my cousin is 6'10". I'm the shortest one in my family.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
All that being tall does for you is makes you have more work. You have to get things off of the shelves for shorter people all the time. Why does anyone need to be tall, five foot tall is big enough. I am six two and it is more of a problem than a blessing.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm 5'6'' and looks like im done growing,

So ive decided to get ripped instead, its the only thing we can do!

Nothing wrong with a little healthy compensation.

P.S: us short guys can get really great looking muscles because of our shorter proportions, it takes tall guys a lot more effort to looks as good.
edit on 24-4-2016 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
All that being tall does for you is makes you have more work. You have to get things off of the shelves for shorter people all the time. Why does anyone need to be tall, five foot tall is big enough. I am six two and it is more of a problem than a blessing.

A few years ago I worked picking up litter at large outdoor events(still do on occasion).

A good friend of mine who was about 6 foot 4 also did the same job and tried to get a pay rise as he had to bend down further to reach the floor and pick stuff up.

Tall or short it is all the same when we are lying in bed watching a crap movie on netflix.

OP. It really does not matter on the grand scheme of things.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Whats funny about this is that I a, six foot eight and wish I was shorter. It's a headache being tall some times, literally.

But I am afraid to say it, short of some type of surgery, you are who you are and it's best to embrace it. Short guys have many advantages over us.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
And my 6'10" cousin has a bad back. He can't walk very far at a time. He cannot fit into most cars to drive them. You ought to see him on an airplane in Coach. And he's already replaced one knee. Plus literally everyone stares at him, asks him how tall he is, and asks if he plays basketball. Walking around with him in public is a real eye-opener. He's seen as some sort of freak. After a lifetime of this he has problems with relationships, is socially a bit inept, and has had to work hard at things like eating without looking foolish because it's so far from the plate to his mouth. I kind of feel sorry for him--and angry for him, too.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You need to stop trying to indulge yourself with fantasies. Here is what you should be doing, focus on your positive attributes within your personality. Stop it. We all have egos that cause us to get trapped in senseless endeavors. Love yourself for who you are.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Acceptance my friend acceptance. Once you can accept you are who you are you will become more confident and that is what will make your life better.

You can't make yourself taller except my those crazy surgeries. I would love to have my bones covered in adamantium but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thejames. I have found through the years that EVERYONE has some aspect of themselves they would like to change.

95% of the girls I know worry constantly about their weight even though they look just fine.

Noses, ears, wrinkles, calves, butts, man boobs, feet, (I'm 6,3"and wear a size 17) I could go on for ever.

i have heard every big foot joke there is.
I was a pitcher at a certain SEC school know for baseball (and football) way back in the late 80's.
The first day of practice my freshman year. I was standing around the other pitchers and realized I was just about the shortest one.
My roommates, were 6'8" and 6'5" respectively.
I felt inadequate and a sense of doom. Then the foot jokes started. Of course I was being hazed, I think they call it bullying today.
I soon realized I am who I am and I can't shrink my feet or get up to 6'5".
If people are ragging you about your height just remember they are probably more insecure than you are.

Don't give up.

By the way, the best big foot joke I ever heard was one day after a kids baseball clinic.
I had taken my cleats off with the the other kids to play some stupid sliding drill.
I had left my shoes down by the bull pen and asked a kid to go get them for me.

He said what do they look like?
My pitching coach said "Hey kid, they are the only ones with Mercury out boards on them".

I cracked up because that was the first one that actually made me laugh.
I have found laughing at my self is the best medicine.

As far as what people think of you. Who gives a rats ass?

You are Thejames!

Pity them.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I've known 7 foot-tall people that were tiny.

I've known 5 foot tall people that were giants.

Be a giant. Your height doesn't matter.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Go buy a couple economy tickets on an airline and relish in your comfort compared to guys like me (at 6'-5" and very long legs). I'll keep busy being miserable while you enjoy another bloody mary curled up reading a book. I actually envy people smaller than me after all the traveling I've done. Everything I have to lift has to be lifted further, every time I bend down I have to bend down further. The world is built for short people, even counter tops are a pain to stand at and prep food for me...enjoy it. So what if you need a step stool to reach a high shelf, I do too sometimes.

Every fall hurts more because we fall from further. Every time getting up takes more effort because we have to get up further...and frankly, everything takes more energy. Takes more calories to charge up (meaning more $$$), more water to carry (meaning more weight).

Just think...the late musical artist, Prince, was 5'-2" and just look at what he accomplished!!

edit on 4/24/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've known 7 foot-tall people that were tiny.

I've known 5 foot tall people that were giants.

Be a giant. Your height doesn't matter.

Yes! Nicely put...

My husband is 6 feet tall and a bit bald and a bit clumsy and the top of his head is a road map of scars. Off topic, with his bald head, I can find him quickly in a crowded theater because he reflects light. When I first saw him, I had no idea how tall he was and it would not have made one iota of difference.

OP, have you heard of that guy Price who just died? From what I've heard, he was not all that tall and that sure made no difference for him.

You don't need to be tall. You just need to stand tall.

edit on 24-4-2016 by ClownFish because: FlyingClayDisk beat me to the Prince analogy. Sorry for being redundant. It wasn't at the time.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Good replies, it's so true people always want what they don't have.

I'm a tall female and for a time had wished I was shorter because that's considered more feminine by general society. To some women it'd be a gateway to certain career options for example(less so then men anyway). In a way I'm in the same boat with the inferiority complex but have figured ways to work around it.

With out abrasive medical help there isn't much one can do to become taller; Wear chunky heels. Use colors and shapes in your clothing that may make you appear taller. Don't ignore posture it helps a lot. Most of all building confidence goes a long way.

Best of luck.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Drink lots of milk and hang from monkey bars.
I learned that trick from 'The Brady Bunch.'

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Move to Papua new Guinea, live with a pygmy clan and revel in your new found celebrity as the pale giant

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm just an inch taller than you. It used to bother me being vertically challenged but then I realized I don't have to worry about bumping my head as much as taller people. Think of that the next time you walk under a ceiling fan.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This guy is not a particularly big guy, but look, his contribution is almost beyond comprehension!!

Just sayin...

edit on 4/24/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join