It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Core Education: Surveillance & Sexualization of Children

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

It's only hard in the sense that it needlessly complicates concepts.

Common Core math makes a complex equation out of the simplest concepts. It is based in New Math and other reform methods that have constantly and consistently failed to do anything to improve student scores and have thus been discarded every time.

I don't agree.

Kind of a "teach an old dog new tricks".

Are the new "tricks" better. Yes, I think they are.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Sounds like you give it an unqualified rosy rating.

Incredible.

John Dewey would be thrilled at your support for his creeping tyrannical plans.

Thankfully, my students did not leave my classes without learning some critical thinking skills--regardless of their attraction thereto--they learned by osmosis, if nothing else.

But, hey, if you wish to help raise your offspring to be compliant sheep for the slaughter--you do----for a while longer----have some rights as a parent.

Critical thinking? Everyone brings that up.

I went to school in the 50s. Even then it was "Read, memorize, take a test". Even then it was focus on the middle kids.

Where people get that Critical Thinking used to be taught in Public School, I don't know.

You are a mother figure to me, after the 50s quote. Still you need to wake up.

I told my wife a day ago, at 40 she will still be thinking the same at 80.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

. . . No it is not. . . .

Uhhhhh . . . how do you figure that WHEN

The early education designers of the oligarchy

--DECLARED, more or less publicly, what they wanted to do . . .
--DECLARED, more or less publicly, what they would do . . .
--And have since proceeded to do JUST EXACTLY THAT . . . of which
--"Common Core" is a key incremental part.

They incriminated themselves ABUNDANTLY in their own words, articles, speeches.

Then they went out into the vast educational arena with increasing structures and levers of !!!!CONTROL!!!! and have done a huge percentage of what they said they'd do--and they're still working at the remainder still left to accomplish.

Yet, you in your educational . . . what . . . 'omniscience?' . . . declare that all that's untrue?

And you want us to take what you write seriously?

Seriously?

I don't think I'm that stupid.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Do you have a kid in Common Core?

Yes, but it's not that simple.

My state not only adopted elements of common core, but it also implemented standards of its own through research conducted in participation with other states.

The goal of common core is to get more and more school systems in sync with curriculum, standards and help them slide-in to college easier.

It actually is a bit tougher than what we used to have and it does force the parent, if they give a damn at all, to engage their child to assist.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: BO XIAN

Hey there my friend! Long time no see!

LIKEWISE. Thanks for your kind words. Good to be able to post again.

Do some research into the "Frankfurt School" and you will see how long this plan has been in the works!

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

I've studied globalism and the oligarchy since 1965.

Some have traced the rot back 400 years. Others all the way to Babylon.

Thankfully . . . the end is in sight . . . it's just the rivers of blood up to the horse's bridals that the planet has to get through, first.

Sigh.

edit on 24/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'm well aware of the education "conspiracies". Speeches from people like John Dewey on the goals of the education system have been circulating for years.

But I don't see it. I don't see the vast conspiracy and that is what you are speaking of.

I didn't say that, but I do think this conspiratorial mindset has done more harm to this country than any flawed education system.

link   

originally posted by: QuinnP

Sounds like you give it an unqualified rosy rating.

Incredible.

John Dewey would be thrilled at your support for his creeping tyrannical plans.

Thankfully, my students did not leave my classes without learning some critical thinking skills--regardless of their attraction thereto--they learned by osmosis, if nothing else.

But, hey, if you wish to help raise your offspring to be compliant sheep for the slaughter--you do----for a while longer----have some rights as a parent.

Critical thinking? Everyone brings that up.

I went to school in the 50s. Even then it was "Read, memorize, take a test". Even then it was focus on the middle kids.

Where people get that Critical Thinking used to be taught in Public School, I don't know.

You are a mother figure to me, after the 50s quote. Still you need to wake up.

I told my wife a day ago, at 40 she will still be thinking the same at 80.

LOL. I am very aware, as a critical thinker myself, of the limitations of Common Core.

I had issues in the 50s because I was a thinker.

It's a tough world. It's a competitive world. Kid's need the academic tools.

Critical thinking needs to be the parents job.

link   
a reply to: introvert

The oligarchy have long been artists at mixing some attractive things in with the poison, evil and rot.

"A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down . . . "

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I've read your posts in the past. And I know that you are sincere.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

The oligarchy have long been artists at mixing some attractive things in with the poison, evil and rot.

"A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down . . . "

Fine. You can't get past the conspiracy. Not much I can do about that and no real reason for us to discuss it then. Nothing will come of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yes, but it's not that simple.

My state not only adopted elements of common core, but it also implemented standards of its own through research conducted in participation with other states.

The goal of common core is to get more and more school systems in sync with curriculum, standards and help them slide-in to college easier.

It actually is a bit tougher than what we used to have and it does force the parent, if they give a damn at all, to engage their child to assist.

Yes. I've found I have to be very involved with his school work. And we're only in first grade. (his sister is high school).

It's very academic. School should be.

You're not raising a kid, you're raising a future adult that has to compete in this world.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Common Core was designed by the elite to benefit the elite. It is a combination of mind control, brain washing and data mining aimed at creating the perfect sheep for the New World Order.

Thank you for your post and notes.

No it is not. It is a system in which exams and certain curriculum is standardized and identical across the board. That way it would be easier for graduates to move-on to college knowing what to expect.

I'm not a fan of the program, but the best thing about it is that it is not mandatory. States can choose to adopt the program or not.

Hard to push the NWO when people are given a choice.

I have become a fan after involvement.

Its hard. Its academic.

School is school again - - - parents have to help. And parents have to provide all the extra activities that are not academic focused.

School is definitely not a baby sitter with Common Core.

I have a fourth grader in a Common Core school.

I agree it's hard. It's made more difficult because there is such a need for parent involvement -- while not offering parents any tools to work with.

I'm often unfamiliar with the approach my son's teacher used to teach certain skills (especially math). The process of 'figuring out' exactly how the teacher expects homework to be completed makes for a frustrating and annoying experience -- especially when I know a much simpler way to teach a skill and what my kid will really respond to and 'get.'

Also, I find the curriculum jumps around way too much. Skills will be taught and then abandoned quickly before they are practiced enough for a child to have a meaningful understanding. Then, a few months later, the skills are covered again and, by then, I feel like my kid is basically having to start from square one.

I find Common Core (at least how it is taught in my child's school) to be chaotic.

As far as content...I have not seen what I would call an 'unsavory' red flag -- so far.

However, there is very little focus on individuality. It is very much a collective, standard curriculum. And I honestly don't buy the reason for that as addressing preparedness for the higher educational experience.

It's not as if an individual cannot shape their own higher education experience. Everyone I know carved out their own post-high school experience. I know I did and I graduated from a state college -- pretty standard college curriculum -- but I still felt I made my own individual education path.

So, that's my take.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I didn't say that,

TRUE. Thankfully. I just wanted to emphasize that I was much better read and more thoughtful than swallowing such a construction on reality would imply.

but I do think this conspiratorial mindset has done more harm to this country than any flawed education system.

On that score, I'd FIERCELY disagree.

To deny the reality, the TRUTH, the objective accurate description and construction on reality . . .

now THAT

would be DESTRUCTIVE.

To pretend that the ruling oligarchy has not been actively scheming and maneuvering for at least 150 years to flush this nation and the planet down the greased slide . . . literally . . . to hell . . . is to be terminally blind, duplicitous, willfully ignorant, distracted, terminally uninformed, mystifyingly rosy glassed, . . . or worse . . .

The evidence is layers thick; often in neon lights; and easily on abundant billboards as well as virtually every movie and TV show.

Sigh.

Maybe I should go read, attend to other threads and calm my incredulity.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I have a fourth grader in a Common Core school.

I agree it's hard. It's made more difficult because there is such a need for parent involvement -- while not offering parents any tools to work with.

Very, very true.

I'm having difficulty in first grade.

I've been searching the internet for programs for parents.

There are sites you can join. And some free ones.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Thank you for speaking. Perhaps more people will. But this was a very worded post, and from someone that is not normal.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I'm well aware of the education "conspiracies". Speeches from people like John Dewey on the goals of the education system have been circulating for years.

But I don't see it. I don't see the vast conspiracy and that is what you are speaking of.

I didn't say that, but I do think this conspiratorial mindset has done more harm to this country than any flawed education system.

Have you actually been in education for any time at all?

You can see it easier when you see how the system actually fosters an idea that the kids don't really matter at all. Sure, as a teacher you can care about the kids, but at the of the day, for most teachers it comes down to contract and obligations when there are meetings, not what's best for the kids. That's what I saw in my time in a big city meat grinder district.

It matches up with Dewey's ideas that kids are just products and the teachers are the actual lowest human rungs - the factory floor workers. No one cares about the product itself, only the outcome. And everything about Common Core is supposed to be about streamlining the process to churn out product efficiently with zero regard to kids who could excel or those who are slower. If you aren't at the peak of the bell curve, you'll either be hammered right into that place or be broken and discarded - factory reject.
edit on 24-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Have you actually been in education for any time at all?

You can see it easier when you see how the system actually fosters an idea that the kids don't really matter at all. Sure, as a teacher you can care about the kids, but at the of the day, for most teachers it comes down to contract and obligations when there are meetings, not what's best for the kids. That's what I saw in my time in a big city meat grinder district.

It matches up with Dewey's ideas that kids are just products and the teachers are the actual lowest human rungs - the factory floor workers. No one cares about the product itself, only the outcome. And everything about Common Core is supposed to be about streamlining the process to churn out product efficiently with zero regard to kids who could excel or those who are slower. If you aren't at the peak of the bell curve, you'll either be hammered right into that place or be broken and discarded - factory reject.

Sorry, I have not seen any of that. The school in my area are quite good.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
The process of 'figuring out' exactly how the teacher expects homework to be completed makes for a frustrating and annoying experience -- especially when I know a much simpler way to teach a skill and what my kid will really respond to and 'get.'

Also, I find the curriculum jumps around way too much. Skills will be taught and then abandoned quickly before they are practiced enough for a child to have a meaningful understanding. Then, a few months later, the skills are covered again and, by then, I feel like my kid is basically having to start from square one.

Yes, I agree. We have to remember this is new to the teachers too.

I didn't do it this year, but next year I'm going to keep a notebook of his work.

Because you're right. They go hard on a skill, move to a new one, then jump back for review.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuinnP

Thank you for speaking. Perhaps more people will. But this was a very worded post, and from someone that is not normal.

WTH is that supposed to mean? LOL.

I'm not normal because I very-much worded my post?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Lol. IKR?

That wasn't supoosed to mean that. But I can understand how it could.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join