It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ok heres something for ya. is there a governmental foundation that either studies or tries to stop paranormal events.....

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I believe there are cases where the government has tried to use psychics and remote viewers in solving crime and even military or intelligence operations.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I believe, the governments don't like paranormal phenomena, or those with such skills. If they find out that you have strong abilities, you probably end up at psychiatry for the rest of your life, being examined. Without personal identity they can do anything they want to you, and you have no chance to do anything about it. There are certain laws to those who are "sick", and the government has the right to keep them safe away from the community. This is the way of life, in just about any country. So it's not a good idea to show up with your telepathic skills, or volunteer at the police as psychic.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Id say certain people out there have the job to stop paranormal activity if it gets to high i mean if aliens can give dam that we see their space ships then i think the goverment would like to control paranormal events on this earth though you can never be to sure cause if they do they wouldn't want you to know.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by DarkFollower]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The government could be the least capable to stop any paranormal activity, or to find clue that a person has abilities. Usually those end up behind white bars, who show up with their abilities, and some take them seriously. But they should really be stupid not tp keep that secret.

I guess, there are many people whe are aware of their abilities, and only some close friends know about them. They may live an average life, perhapse a bit more successful than others, or hopeless because they don't know how to handle the abilities, leading to conflicts.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Various governments throughout history have used people with paranormal abilities for reconnaissance, combat, and various other uses.

A recent and well-documented example is US's Project Stargate. It's a fact. It was declassified - with very distorted information, of course. Project Stargate used remote viewing for reconnaissance purposes with much success. Look up information about David Morehouse and...hmm, I've forgotten the other remote viewer involved who published numerous books. Help, anyone?

top topics

join