It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Times vs Prosperity Gospel vs Pope Francis: All "Christians"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I find organized religion very similar to the climate change cult

Might be an interesting comparison to explore,

except that climate change is real. Fact. Real and factual.

Sorry but the religion of climate change has all the earmarks of a greed driven cult. Fact or real along with climate change should be considered as an oxymoron. The carbon tax thing just seems another tax grab using fear with a protection racket. A government sponsored cult shouldn't be able to charge non-believers with extortion fees.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/28.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Climate change isn't a religion and saying it is one of the funniest things I've heard. The far right love to call climate change religion which is ridiculous. Of course it's pretty normal for Christians to deny science and evidence when it doesn't suit them.

I think a better idea would be to deny churches the tax exemption. That would bring in a nice bit of revenue and put a dent in the pockets of crooked preachers.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Sorry but the religion of climate change has all the earmarks of a greed driven cult. Fact or real along with climate change should be considered as an oxymoron.

You wish. Thing is, it's real.

The carbon tax thing just seems another tax grab using fear with a protection racket.

Fear of what? Having to pay the fiddler if you want to dance after 'closing time'? Fear? What I "fear" is that our planet will become uninhabitable for humans thanks to irresponsible, reckless, short-sighted raping of the planet. Then again, the planet would be much better off without us. You would think ANYTHING is "just another tax grab."

A government sponsored cult shouldn't be able to charge non-believers with extortion fees.

What an utterly stupid thing to say.
Try changing the channel once in a while. Science is neither a "cult" nor a "religion." And I notice the only people who say climate change is false are generally the same ones who think Jesus was magic and is coming again.....oh - and also the nitwits who don't WANT TO ADMIT and realize the damage they are doing to OUR HOME.

A rather ---- no, a literally retarded point of view. Because this isn't the Industrial Revolution anymore. That was 100 years ago. Now it's the Industrial Pillaging of Planet Earth despite the fact that she's worn out.

edit on 4/29/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

If it walks like a pig, sounds like a pig and smells like a pig, you gotta know it's a theory about agcc. We are a tiny lot on the scale of things. You can fit the entire human race in Rhode Island. You attribute climate change to something that doesn't even consume a thousandth of 1% of the earth, yet deny the natural rhythms of our sun and the area of space through which we travel. We are not even a type one civilization, yet you proclaim we have power over nature, both terrestrial and extraterrestrial. And we're going to fix it with.... Drum roll please.... Taxes! ROFL! Are the past frauds not enough for you?

Get over yourself, get over all of us, we are not that powerful.

I am not an agcc believer, I will not go anywhere near where their cult physically congregates and therefore do not expect to be extorted into dropping my hard earned cash into their delusional collections plate. When the snowflakes start falling on the snowflakes and the sjw's, when the next ice starts, don't ask to share my Co and co2 generating fire, mmmmnkay ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/29.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

We are a tiny lot on the scale of things.

Yep. We definitely are.

You can fit the entire human race in Rhode Island.

True, again! So - why are there people starving?????

You attribute climate change to something that doesn't even consume a thousandth of 1% of the earth, yet deny the natural rhythms of our sun and the area of space through which we travel.

Nope! I don't deny any of that. The Earth definitely undergoes climate swings and cycles. I am not arguing at all that it doesn't.

We are not even a type one civilization, yet you proclaim we have power over nature, both terrestrial and extraterrestrial.

I "proclaim" that what we (humans) are doing is exacerbating whatever climate change is occurring.
And who said anything about "extraterrestrial", please?

And how the hell do you know that "something....doesn't even consume a thousandth of 1% of the earth......."

??????

Sources, please, or silence.
Things have gone haywire. Evidence shows that whatever that haywire is, our activities are making the haywire more pronounced.

Oh, and be the way, Dave, there is no "Jesus" coming back. Ever.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20663
edit on 29-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: No post shown

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Oh, and be the way, Dave,
Woops! I meant "by the way", not "be the way", Dave.

You aren't "the way"....

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Oh, and be the way, Dave,
Woops! I meant "by the way", not "be the way", Dave.

You aren't "the way"....

WTF brought that on lol, is your Freudian slip showing? Believe what you want to believe, just don't ask me or extort me into taxation through delusion. I have no interest in the cult of agcc except to maybe laugh at it and pity its members ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yeah believing in sound science with a tonne of empirical evidence and data is a delusional cult but believing in a being that walked on water and rose from the dead is perfectly sound and logical.

Also if that's your version of a Freudian slip you should brush up on your psychology.

And you say humans haven't affected the planet? That's why there are cities that issue air quality alerts and people have to wear masks. That's why our fishing industry is dwindling due to mass die offs from man made environmental disasters. Or how about our nuclear mess ups like Chernobyl and fukashima ? Yeah humans aren't that powerful we don't affect the planet at all Dave.
edit on 30-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: Added info

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Yeah believing in sound science with a tonne of empirical evidence and data is a delusional cult but believing in a being that walked on water and rose from the dead is perfectly sound and logical.

Also if that's your version of a Freudian slip you should brush up on your psychology.

And you say humans haven't affected the planet? That's why there are cities that issue air quality alerts and people have to wear masks. That's why our fishing industry is dwindling due to mass die offs from man made environmental disasters. Or how about our nuclear mess ups like Chernobyl and fukashima ? Yeah humans aren't that powerful we don't affect the planet at all Dave.

I think you have me confused with someone else lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I have no interest in the cult of agcc except to maybe laugh at it and pity its members ;-)

Same here. AGCC standing for Angry Gentile Christian Conservatives, of course.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Not at all. You basically stated that mankind has no impact on the environment. That we are tiny on the grand scale of things. Which is absolutely wrong.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Not to nag as if you did something wrong, but I wanted to make you aware of these particular propaganda-techniques:

Name-Calling

Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts. Name-calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name-caller’s strategy has worked.
Making Generalizations

Another very successful tactic of propaganda is generalization. Generalizations tend to obscure important facts about the real issues in question, and they are frequently used to demean entire groups of people.

The Manipulation of Information: Awake!—2000

"Angry" is the keyword here, it's...

Playing on the Emotions

Even though feelings might be irrelevant when it comes to factual claims or the logic of an argument, they play a crucial role in persuasion. Emotional appeals are fabricated by practiced publicists, who play on feelings as skillfully as a virtuoso plays the piano.

For example, fear is an emotion that can becloud judgment. And, as in the case of envy, fear can be played upon.

For example the fear of being viewed as an "angry" unreasonable fanatical 'bible thumper' (another negative label that is easily connected to the phrase you used without anyone having to spell it out here) or being associated with them. Or...

Hatred is a strong emotion exploited by propagandists. Loaded language is particularly effective in triggering it. There seems to be a nearly endless supply of nasty words that promote and exploit hatred toward particular racial, ethnic, or religious groups.

Some propagandists play on pride. Often we can spot appeals to pride by looking for such key phrases as: “Any intelligent person knows that . . .” or, “A person with your education can’t help but see that . . .” A reverse appeal to pride plays on our fear of seeming stupid. Professionals in persuasion are well aware of that.

Or from Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda! Awake!—2000

Propagandists...sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target.

The propagandist makes sure that his message appears to be the right and [sometimes] moral one and that it gives you a sense of importance and belonging if you follow it. You are one of the smart ones, you are not alone, you are comfortable and secure—so they say.

Between brackets is mine.

Other examples of name-calling and/or generalizations and/or playing on the emotions:
- cult/sect ( and "heretics")
- false prophets (when it's a false accusation with no understanding as to what an inspired prophet does compared to those trying to understand the ones mentioned in the bible and sharing their views about it and in contrast to what the bible refers to as the behaviour of a so-called "false prophet")
- creatards (and variations)
- evotard
- evilution
etc.

Btw, I do not view the description "Plato-fan" as a negative label (I had a long thought about it before deciding to use it). If appropiately applied to someone who is...

using concepts borrowed from ancient philosophers in order to explain their beliefs.

If that philosopher is Plato, even when the person who is explaining their beliefs is not aware of the above, it is still an accurate description to refer to them as a fan of Plato('s philosophies), Plato-fan for short. Also, Plato is not viewed as a negative thing in society as for example the word "retard" or "cult(ist)" is viewed. And it's not just about Plato, might as well use the name Artistotle (student of Plato) or Descartes (philosopher of the "Enlightenment" period) as well, the thinking patterns are the same.

The quote above is from:
One Myth Leads to Another

Because a person with understanding is able to connect new information to things he already knows, it can be said that “to the understanding one knowledge (Latin: scientia) is an easy thing.” (Pr 14:6) Knowledge (Latin: scientia) and understanding are allied, and both are to be sought.—Pr 2:5; 18:15.

Iehova Sanctus Unus (Isaac Newton's Latin pseudonym for a lot of his mostly ignored writings is very interesting if you consider the information below, too bad they didn't include that pseudonym in the original documentary):

In context:
Real science, knowledge about realities compared to philosophies and stories
edit on 2-5-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I have no interest in the cult of agcc except to maybe laugh at it and pity its members ;-)

Same here. AGCC standing for Angry Gentile Christian Conservatives, of course.

In the context of the discussion, AGCC would be anthropogenic global climate change. I hope that cleared things up for you?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/2.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Not at all. You basically stated that mankind has no impact on the environment. That we are tiny on the grand scale of things. Which is absolutely wrong.

No, I basically stated that mankind is extremely small considering the scale of the earth and the power of the sun. Our subsequently small effects will eventually be corrected by the earth and the sun. My main point however was that I disagree with taxation based on what has already been proven to be fraudulent scientific methods and reporting.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

And then you make a claim that is proven fraudulent. Nope sorry but it has not been proven fraudulent. Not by scientists. Maybe right wing nutbars like Alex Jones but he's a whiny baby and his proof is weak at best.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Dave, you are wrong.

You should do some real research, seriously. I was (obvi) being facetious about the acronym....but the fact remains that the Climate is Changing, and human activities are exacerbating the situation.

Period.
Fact.

Ignore it all you want, but that doesn't make it go away. It doesn't change a damn thing.

Don't be a short-sighted curmudgeon. Care about the planet being left to our kids and grandkids. There isn't anything "fraudulent" about the science!!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

whatever.

I know what propaganda is.
Thanks, though.

Meanwhile: Reuse, Recycle, Repurpose, Reclaim.
Learn to make do.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Dave, you are wrong.

You should do some real research, seriously. I was (obvi) being facetious about the acronym....but the fact remains that the Climate is Changing, and human activities are exacerbating the situation.

Period.
Fact.

Ignore it all you want, but that doesn't make it go away. It doesn't change a damn thing.

Don't be a short-sighted curmudgeon. Care about the planet being left to our kids and grandkids. There isn't anything "fraudulent" about the science!!

I agree, the climate is changing but it has little to do with us. Climate is cyclic according to the tree, ice and geological records. As far as fraudulent science, do you not recall the climate change email scandal and the fudging of numbers to meet the political agenda?

Next time you want to blame us for climate change, try looking to the sky and maybe you can explain to us how SUV exhaust and cow farts are changing the climate on the planets in our local system?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It's the deforestation of the land, and the suffocation of the oceans, man.

I know it's hard to learn new things, but at least try.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join