It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other Losses, Death Camps In Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

www.amazon.co.uk...

. . . Bacque flew to Moscow to examine the newly-opened KGB archives, where he found meticulously and exhaustively documented new proof that almost one million German POWs had indeed died in those Western camps. One of the historians who supports Bacque's work is Colonel Ernest F. Fisher, 101st Airborne Division, who in 1945 took part in investigations into allegations of misconduct by U.S. troops in Germany and later became a senior historian with the United States Army.

In the comments on Amazon.

Bacque played an important role in highlighting the widespread abuses of German prisoners after the end of the Second World War. It is thanks to him research has opened up on this shameful episode. However, Bacque's thesis that 800,000 Germans were intentionally killed is so extreme that no mainstream historian accepts the validity of it.

Big Lie anyone?
en.wikipedia.org...

A big lie (German: große Lüge) is a propaganda technique. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously."

abundanthope.net...

Death Totals Attributable to Treatment in U.S. Army Camps (Excluding all transfers
to other U.S. Army zones or other nations)
Special Return from French .................................. 26,000
September-October in U.S. camps ............................. 34,023
October-January in U.S. camps ............................... 90,000
Among rows discharged ..................................... 67,200
TOTAL ................................................... 217,223
The Final Toll
rows (to September 1945) ................................... 145,208
DEFS (to September 1945) .................................... 310,992
Missing Million (rows) June 2-August 4 ....................... 30,810
Missing Million (DEFs) June 2-August 4 ........................ 89,006
Subtotal .................................................. 576,016
Deaths Attributable to Treatment
in Camps (September 1945 to January 1946) ...................... 217,223
TOTAL deaths ............................................. 793,239

I can't find a release date for the film. I expect all the information contained in the film is available with a bit of research.

Who is telling the 'Big Lie'? Did this atrocity happen?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
There's a claim here that many of the missing bodies were taken to Antwerp and buried as unidentified dead in war cemeteries.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Where are the bodies?

Where is the suspicion from the other side?

Why should such a thing come to light now?

How could such a thing be kept secret?No whispers,rumours or deathbed confessions?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

The comment above yours claims to answer the question where are the bodies.

It isn't suddenly coming to light. It's well documented. The main dispute seems to be the actual numbers killed through deliberate starvation, dehydration, and lack of shelter.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Rheinwiesenlager (English: Rhine meadow camps), were a group of 19 camps built in the Allied-occupied part of Germany by the U.S. Army to hold captured German soldiers at the close of the Second World War. Officially named Prisoner of War Temporary Enclosures (PWTE), they held between one and almost two million surrendered Wehrmacht personnel from April until September 1945. Prisoners held in the camps were designated Disarmed Enemy Forces not POWs. The decision had been taken in March 1943 by SHAEF commander in chief Dwight D. Eisenhower because of the logistical problems adhering to the Geneva Convention (1929). By not classing the hundreds of thousand of captured troops as POWs, the problems associated with accommodating so many prisoners of war according to international treaties governing their treatment was negated.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Strange , the title is "death camps" and all you have to do is read the quoted material from your posts to know what was happening.
Start with the surrendering of 2 million enemy soldiers in 5 months. Then run with it.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

9 million Germans died? I admit never to having heard about this except from one woman who voiced concern back in the 1980's and no one believed her - although certainly not in these numbers.

Was is only the Americans or was this done with the knowledge and cooperation of other countries such as mine (UK)?

I can see why this is hushed up - its terrible. Even if half the number were true its still terrible. Those who die during war is one thing, but after an d deliberately killed is quite another.

I can 't understand why the Germans themselves are so quiet about this, although I did see a couple of odd news items when older Germans were interviewed and deliberately shut up by the media when they said things the media didn't want them to. I hope this frees up their voices and we get to the truth about this.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Not sure what the OP's point is now that I re-read his opening post, but the numbers of victims from WWII can be somewhat elusive.

Probably due to the fact that the total number of dead (both civilian and military) are absolutely staggering.

For example, for decades it was common knowledge that 4 million people had died at Auschwitz as reported by the New York Times in 1945.

Then in 1991, Franciszek Piper, director of the historical committee of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, revised that number down to 1 million...

As a result, the memorial plaques had been updated.

Vivian Bird, in his book The Final Count, claims that the actual number is closer to 73,000; off its high of 9 million...

edit on 24-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

new topics

join