It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: 2012newstart
This is just regular business... no better or worst then 100 years ago aside from technology...
1. First of all, Revelation was likely written by a delusional old man with some sort of dementia.
2. Jesus said no one knows the time... not even him
3. every Christian generation since the birth of Christ thought it was end times, including those born in his time... and even before that...
4. IF one takes revelation seriously... its almost all allusions to different things in the time it was written... not 2000 some odd years later...
5. Paul expected the second coming in his life time... which signified "end times"... he was wrong...
6. Every Christian generation since the birth of Christ expected his return in their life time... they were all wrong... 7. End times is actually when we destroy ourselves... which isn't going to happen anytime soon...
8. Or when the sun dies... which isn't going to happen anytime soon
originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Akragon
Jesus himself said
Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
Therefore Christ himself thought he would come back before his apostles according to that statement. Therefore no tribulation. Thank "god" for that.
If you're Christian maybe We're living in probably the biggest change humans have ever witnessed in a very very short amount of time.
Of course you do, you universally agree on every single religious thread, been Seeing the same thing for years now.
If you're Christian and can see their perspective, We're living in probably the biggest change humans have ever witnessed in a very very short amount of time. Humans live a far different lifestyle due to technology in just 20 years, everything is completely different. We have widespread war and threats of war and people are rejecting Christianity while Islam is the fastest growing religion and will be the vast majority of the creationist in my lifetime at the rate of it's growth.
Based on an ATS member's perspective it seems like a reasonable topic to discuss based on the facts as compared/contrasted to the Christian's perspective (which has a likelihood quotient of about .1000000000000000000000&. Meaning - the chances that it is true are the same as that of a teapot orbiting the earth.)
Based on a Christians perspective this seems like a reasonable topic to discuss based on the circumstances of the present.
Now of course atheists believe this is dumb and will never happen, you're not Christian.
So why even debate this thread when we already know your response?
originally posted by: windword
a reply to: 2012newstart
Relax! Don't worry, you will see your own demise. It's a guarantee! Congratulations, you're going to die one day! Accept it and stop trying to transfer the reality of your personal denial to the world. In the meantime, live your life like there's no tomorrow and let your death ride on your shoulder like your bestest BFF!
If a meteor hits, it hits. If 'Lil Kim drops a bomb on DC, there it is. In the meantime, there's no need to try and convince children that they have no future in this world, or that they shouldn't participate in creating a happy and hopeful life, get a college education and save for retirement.