It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cremation(why?)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
I just had an image in my head of hot bacon grease raining down on a crowd of screaming people.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
I guess it's a hot topic.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
just saw that prince was cremated within days of his death and wondered what everyones views were on cremation?

thats one thing i,ve made sure that isn,t going to happen to me,i came into the world naturally and when i die i want to go just the way nature intended.

not religious in the slightest but just burning every trace of you to ash doesn,t seem right to me,its only bones but if thats what was suppose to happen then everyone would combust when they died. You may leave a skeleton here for a reason and for that i,ll leave mine here just incase.

How would you like to be buried 6 feet down and then wake up? Can you handle that? There are numerous occasions of this happening.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Burning the body completely severs the soul from the material world. It returns the atoms of your body to the greater Uni. Rot in a box if it is what you want. The box is a trap.

Prince was a mystic grounded as a Jehova's Witness. I, myself, am a rational mystic. Prince is right. Do yourself a favor--have your people burn your body.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I just had an image in my head of hot bacon grease raining down on a crowd of screaming people.

In that case, we will need to make sure to play Slayer's "Raining Blood" over a really loud PA system

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There's an awful lot of answers on here about how they would be burnt or burried ,but no one answering the post.
Here goes, I'll be the devils advocate. Why cremation? Well it's because that there are getting too many dead bodies taking up too much land. Or, how many of you answering have ever realised how many cemetaries there are taking up so much room around your town or city?
By the way I'm going to be burnt and my ashes put into fireworks and let of at a local pageant. I hope the winds in the right direction to blow over everybody and they can all take a bit of me home with them.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
By the way I'm going to be burnt and my ashes put into fireworks and let of at a local pageant. I hope the winds in the right direction to blow over everybody and they can all take a bit of me home with them.

well, its not hot bacon drippings. But its still pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Can't you just lash some sticks and palm fronds together? Like on Gilligan's island? It seems pretty doable to me - Viking style sounds pretty cool

:-)

For the OP - cremation is the way to go

Something about graveyards that has always bothered me. Woman taken by the wind a la Rhiannon sounds so much better

My dad was cremated and his brother scattered him in the hills where they used to roam when they were kids

My mom's ashes we scattered on the ocean in Mexico - her favorite place in the world

My sister's husband is in the garden

edit on 4/24/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer well i would just have to,not like i could say oh wait a min i,ve changed my mind,it happems but i guess i just have to hope that i,m not one of them it happens too.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

much as it might seem so, ashes are required to be scatted outside of the three-mile mark at sea. Burial at sea is also a possibility (ew!) We are not allowed to lash a body to a wooden boat and push it off and burn it. That would be my fond choice though. Something poetic about that, along with shoreline debauchery and excessive drink.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Launch your burning vessel from a platform you float out to sea. Like a catamaran or something.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

personal flaming body trebuchet? I could really get behind a truly "launched" thing.

Shell the supply barge as it goes by. Very fitting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join