It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cremation(why?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

I tried Cremation, look what happened to me. All that hot fire did was give me a sunburn like I sat in a taning bed all day. It was so hot my heart started pounding again!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

there's that award winning smile.....

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

LOL

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You can thank Gordi!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Personally without reading any other comments, I have always wanted to donate my body to science or The Body Farm. The Body Farm does some pretty incredible work. They take your body out to a setting (woodland or field and such) and let it decay while studying the states of decay for students of criminology. It helps solve cases and helps students learn how to detect signs that could lead to time of death and such. I find it strange that in this day and age we still bury people in a box where it cannot get back to the world. Circle of life and such. Our bodies are meant to decay.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

Personally without reading any other comments, I have always wanted to donate my body to science or The Body Farm. The Body Farm does some pretty incredible work. They take your body out to a setting (woodland or field and such) and let it decay while studying the states of decay for students of criminology. It helps solve cases and helps students learn how to detect signs that could lead to time of death and such. I find it strange that in this day and age we still bury people in a box where it cannot get back to the world. Circle of life and such. Our bodies are meant to decay.
sounds find to me,my op seems to have strayed a bit from me actually just saying getting burnt to ashes i didn,t think was right.still leaving the skeleton for that.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

no but your hubby will still be leaving his skeleton rather than it being reduced to a pile of ashes.

Actually the university hubby is donating his body to cremates any unused remains and disposes of the ashes.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Oh I didn't touch on cremation. Apologies. Cremation can be beneficial if you return the ashes to the soil. As far as your bones when you are dead, why do you need them?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Your user name is not accurate. That is all.
)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I definitely want to be cremated and dispersed. Hell, If I could get away with a funeral pyre, I'd do that. No forgotten, overgrown grave site for me thank you very much.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Dust In the wind
edit on 4 23 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4 23 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Okay, I admit that a full-blown Viking funeral with a boat and flaming arrows and the whole shore party of drunkenness and debauchery is appealing. However, Mr. Pragmatic, who lives on my left shoulder, wouldn't allow wasting a perfectly good boat. Besides, burning fiberglass stinks like hell and is a carcinogen.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Oh it can be... just give it time lol

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Okay, I admit that a full-blown Viking funeral with a boat and flaming arrows and the whole shore party of drunkenness and debauchery is appealing. However, Mr. Pragmatic, who lives on my left shoulder, wouldn't allow wasting a perfectly good boat. Besides, burning fiberglass stinks like hell and is a carcinogen.

Bah.

A run-down old wooden rowboat is all I need for a pyre-y showstopper.

So long as the drunken debauchery happens on the shoreline whilst I'm being roasted on the water... I can ride off to Valhalla knowing I've left my mark in the world.

Smoke signals and all.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Before we die life gives our soul a chance to explore the Innerself. The person we are inside and the person whome we become. The life we live. All humans are unique. We all have thoughts of loving and living.

In the end is it me or you who decides where we go and what happens to our body. I don't know. I do know it's up to us to mark our humble life!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I myself don't prefer it. Anywho, I got a chuckle from your username and the thread title. They go together in an odd sort of way, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I agree Skid Mark!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I want to be launched from a canon for the grand finale at the local fireworks show on the 4th of July. Fire me into an arena with a gator and a croc, and let them fight over me.

Os stuff me with candy, hang me from a tree in San Antonio, and let the kids each take turns whacking the bigfatfurrypinata until the candy comes out

Or how about you turn my skin into a body stocking hoodie, so when someone wears me, i look like I am moonwalking away from you.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Didn't Hunter S Thomson have his body cremated and mixed with fireworks?

ETA: Yes he did!

edit on 23-4-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

well then i shall not be outdone!

I say mix my ashes with fireworks and raw bacon. when the fireworks explode it will rain cooked bacon down on the crowd, sending my funeral over 9000

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join